Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Default Re: Assassin's creed 3

Desmond's ending was lame and clich

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    It's a weird comparison actually since we got to see Ezio from his teenage years all the way into his old age. Same with Altair, though not to the same extent.

What I can say is how much more of a tragic story Connor has when compared to the others. Ezio and Altair saw a lot of heartache, but man, Connor has had a rough life when you think about it. Never knew his father growing up. Mother killed by father's closest friends. Killed his own father. Spent the better half of his life trying to help his people by helping the Patriots, only to see the Patriots return the favor by displacing his people.

I really really felt for him when Juno told him that "What you seek does not exist". Damn. At least Altair took Masyaf back and retired, and Ezio got revenge on all the people that killed his family. It seems impossible for Connor to get any closure.

I really enjoyed that about Connor's story. It was a lot of grey area where the past games had a clear good vs evil style with Ezio. Connor was just an honorable man trying to do right by his people and humanity but was faced with a bleak reality. The voice acting was excellent for Connor too which helped.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I played a ton last night, but didn't do any missions really. I just pillaged the NY map. Did all the liberations missions. Got all the treasures and all the trinkets and all the Almanac pages. Took down the couple forts. Did all the viewpoints. Got all the Homestead missions I could do. Spent all the money I had gotten on all the weapons that were new in the shop. Did a bunch of crafting, which I'm still not getting a ton of value out of. I threw the last of my money at upgrading the boat.

It's nice that I can play for three hours and not progress the story at all and still feel pretty fullfilled with my playing experience.

I'm probably not going to own this game for a while. By the time I start playing it, you guys will probably be discussing the latest greatest out. I just started playing Red Dead Redemption yesterday!

I'm going to play AC Revelations after RDR. Go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I played a ton last night, but didn't do any missions really. I just pillaged the NY map. Did all the liberations missions. Got all the treasures and all the trinkets and all the Almanac pages. Took down the couple forts. Did all the viewpoints. Got all the Homestead missions I could do. Spent all the money I had gotten on all the weapons that were new in the shop. Did a bunch of crafting, which I'm still not getting a ton of value out of. I threw the last of my money at upgrading the boat.

It's nice that I can play for three hours and not progress the story at all and still feel pretty fullfilled with my playing experience.
    Yeah, this is one of the few games I've ever played where I don't mind just hunting all the extras down. The difference between a game like this and a game like GTA far as the extras and side missions go is that navigating the map is actually enjoyable and not just a hassle to be tolerated. I usually quit while I'm ahead in most games (except GTA IV) but this game does a very good job of making side missions enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Yeah, this is one of the few games I've ever played where I don't mind just hunting all the extras down. The difference between a game like this and a game like GTA far as the extras and side missions go is that navigating the map is actually enjoyable and not just a hassle to be tolerated. I usually quit while I'm ahead in most games (except GTA IV) but this game does a very good job of making side missions enjoyable.

Yeah, part of it is a function of the running mechanism being that good. And they've made them much less monotonous than they were in one, or even two, which had already taken a big step up. I used to hate that guy with the "I've hid these flags because I'm and asshole ... see if you can find them in 15 seconds!"
    Now they feel integrated into the story much more. And they're yeilding things like recipes.
    And you'd think buying the maps would kill a lot of the fun, but many of the things are little puzzles on their own. For example, knowing where a feather is, or an almanac page, isn't nearly enough to just go get it. They may require their own little platforming puzzles just to get to them. There are even spots where the map location doesn't tell the whole story, with caves who's entrances may not really be where the treasure is on the map.

I'm finding the money to be a fair challenge. I'm selling off all my pelts and stuff at a time to buy things up. Even after hoarding every treasure chest last night in NY, then selling all my kills, I'm still not completely bought out on items. I have all the store's wares, but not the boat upgrades, which are expensive.
    Right now my only real gripe is that I haven't figured out really what the point of the crafting is, or the caravan section in the log book. And it's navigation is horrible in there.

I've been running around doing random missions for the last couple of days. I actually finished the main storyline with just Stephan as my assassin, and just now got the other 5. Last night was the first time I actually went out in the frontier and it's a lot more fun than I thought. I like how some things can't found unless you run around randomly. It makes it rewarding to go exploring on your own.

Oh and lol at the sasquatch.

3-time NBA All-Star

I've finally gotten the chance to really delve into AC3 after buying it on the release day a few weeks back... and I gotta say I'm pretty impressed.

I was maybe a little disappointed at the beginning, as the first 10-15% of the storyline was very linear and other than the gaming mechanics it didn't really have the feel of an Assassins Creed game.

Looking back I understand why it had to take that path story-wise, and once Conner became a full-fledged member of The Brotherhood, the game really took off and became an exciting entry in the AC series.

Since the first naval battle (which I really didn't like, contrary to seemingly popular opinion) I've just been roaming around the frontier doing side missions, collecting treasure chests, and knocking out the Synchronization points. I know the main story is there (both with Desmond and Connor) but I have no real urge to go into it as of yet.... so much map to explore.

Other than the semi-twist at the end of Sequence 3 (either its a spoiler or you know exactly what I'm talking about).... my favorite moment thus far was when I took over my first British Fort, killed the General, and Connor raised the shit out of that American flag

I have all the assassins and really don't use any of those functions at all. I feel about that a little like I do about the caravan thing. I'm just not sure what it's point is.

I'm picking up Hitman on the way home tonight, so it may be time to start pressing through the story here so I can start that. Reviews have been good so far.

Where does AC3 rank for you guys in the overall series? I havent even played it. Sitting in case. Caught up in other games for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Where does AC3 rank for you guys in the overall series? I havent even played it. Sitting in case. Caught up in other games for the time being.
    1. AC3
    2. AC2
    3. Brotherhood/Revelations
    4. AC1

For me:

1. AC3
    2. Brotherhood
    3. AC2
    4. AC1
    5. Revelations

3, 2, 1

I haven't played brotherhood or revelations.

I got some value out of the crafting now because I realize I have to make the stuff I need for some of the delivery missions.

Wow, AC3 being really overrated now. For me:

AC2
    AC: Brotherhood
    AC3
    AC
    AC: Revelations

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

So my friend let me borrow the game but I had a quick question before starting. Is it worth to go back and play through Brotherhood and Revelations? I mean I've finished AC1 and AC2.