Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: If the Warriors win it all without KD, does that devalue his rings even more?

If he ends up not being able to play do you think he will actually be rooting for the Warriors to lose? Of course publicly he'll be saying all the right things, but privately you gotta think he'd rather have them lose. With everyone knowing he's leaving and with his whole spat with Draymond...for him to go down and the Warriors to win would just be devastating for the value of his two championships there.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 05-17-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Default Re: If the Warriors win it all without KD, does that devalue his rings even more?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I don't think they will win without him, but yea...if they win a ring this year without him...of course it does.

Because it wouldn't even be with another player in place of him...it would be straight up without him.

Again, I don't think they will...I think they'll wear down, but if they did? Yea, how could anyone argue otherwise?

I think if they win without him this year that will be a testament to the greatness of the GSW team and especially Steph Curry. Not a direct hit on KD. A direct hit is: if he either chooses not to compete on another team (his own) or he does but fails to win (which is by the way likely, because it's hard to be on a good enough team being able to compete).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    I think if they win without him this year that will be a testament to the greatness of the GSW team and especially Steph Curry. Not a direct hit on KD. A direct hit is: if he either chooses not to compete on another team (his own) or he does but fails to win (which is by the way likely, because it's hard to be on a good enough team being able to compete).
    This is about the value of his rings, not him as a player.

So how could it not reduce the value of his 17 and 18 rings if the damn team won a title without him. Again, not replacing him with another really good forward or something, but straight up without him...with no time to prepare really...etc.?

Of course it would.

As has been mentioned previously as well, his rings already hold low value. But this would take it to a whole other level.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    This is about the value of his rings, not him as a player.

So how could it not reduce the value of his 17 and 18 rings if the damn team won a title without him. Again, not replacing him with another really good forward or something, but straight up without him...with no time to prepare really...etc.?

Of course it would.

As has been mentioned previously as well, his rings already hold low value. But this would take it to a whole other level.

I think people won't hold it against him if he goes elsewhere and wins again. After all, he won multiple Finals MVPs... and if he wins somewhere else, too... He will survive. But that's just something I think.

Yup.

I really doubt they beat Milwaukee BUT if they did? GS would've beaten 2-3 quality teams without Durant. No replacement and with mediocre depth too.

Assuming he wins FMVP, Curry's stock would rise. Totally.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    If he ends up not being able to play do you think he will actually be rooting for the Warriors to lose? Of course publicly he'll be saying all the right things, but privately you gotta think he'd rather have them lose. With everyone knowing he's leaving and with his whole spat with Draymond...for him to go down and the Warriors to win would just be devastating for the value of his two championships there.
    I thought about this too

Considering he cant play Im sure he would not want them to win honestly. If Warriors lose it boosts his legacy and if Warriors win it hurts his a bunch

He would get a "ring" if they win but wouldn't even be playing so technically not a ring so its really just all downside for him and no upside if they win

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I think people won't hold it against him if he goes elsewhere and wins again. After all, he won multiple Finals MVPs... and if he wins somewhere else, too... He will survive. But that's just something I think.
    Again...you are talking about something completely different.

His rings on the Warriors will of course lose value if that were to happen.

If he then wins another ring somewhere else...it won't do anything to increase the value of the Warriors rings...it would just improve his legacy.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Yes it does unfortunately

If you added prime Barkley to the 72-win bulls, would that devalue his rings?

You betcha

So we must hope the Warriors lose, to preserve Durant's rings and diminish lebron's 16' fluke-job...

Sorry Dingo.. Greek freek coming for ya

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I mean... they were already a dynasty without him and picked the pace right back up rn even whilst being as fat and satisfied as a team could ever be. A motivated dubs squad is a dynasty period.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    I mean... they were already a dynasty without him and picked the pace right back up rn even whilst being as fat and satisfied as a team could ever be. A motivated dubs squad is a dynasty period.
    i agree with all this

IF they win it this year without him.

I honestly hope he doesn't come back

All this team-hopping has distorted things. It would be nice to know if the Warriors are for real atg or not

If they lost this year then Durant went elsewhere and won a championship, especially someplace like New York, it would change my opinion of him completely.

I would actually look at it as the Warriors wouldn't have those championships in 17 and 18 without him, regardless of the 73 wins, the 2015 championship, etc.

The devaluing rings shit is stupid. It's not like he's a role player or something.

The guy averaged 35 on 70 TS% in one of those finals series.

He had huge performances that kept the Warriors from losing. 34/5/5 with 3 blocks on 11-21 shooting in game 7. 43/13/7 on 15-23 shooting in a finals game when the rest of the Warriors were struggling.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    i agree with all this

IF they win it this year without him.

I honestly hope he doesn't come back

All this team-hopping has distorted things. It would be nice to know if the Warriors are for real atg or not

before the mandated extension, the 73 win squad was up 3-1 by blowout margin of victory...

thats b2b rings with their core and 70 win average pace bro.

Then dumping houston on the road, picked it right back up, just like THAT.

****ing unbelievable how quick the dynasty chemistry came back.

His rings never had value....he joined a 73 win team.All him joining did was keep Steph from cracking the top 3 players all-time(which he would of did without durant by now)

The 73 win team LOST the championship and lost 9 games in the playoffs.