Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jordan Says Only 4 Current Player Could Play in His Era

Everyone in the NBA could play during Jordan's era. Especially wings, Jordans era had scrub wings.

Decent playground baller Kovach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    basketball, in the present, will always be at a higher level then the past
    Durant would be about as good be as prime Dale Ellis, and that's the 2nd best player in today's league

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Orlando Dwight wouldn't even make 3rd team All-NBA in MJ's era. I would take Shaq, Zo, Hakeem, Drob and Ewing over him easily.
    Yeah Dwight would still be one of the top Centers though. Bynum would be good too IMO. All other positions I see them doing better because the players are bigger and faster and stronger now.

Quote Originally Posted by NA2126
    Dirk is pretty soft, if that's what MJ was basing his statement off of.

dirk? soft? What is this 2001?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Yeah Dwight would still be one of the top Centers though. Bynum would be good too IMO. All other positions I see them doing better because the players are bigger and faster and stronger now.

Banned

The quote was:

which current players could be nearly as successful in his era.

People need to actually read what they are commenting on.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

He said "successful", and we all know successful means rings as the man of the team.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Could you imagine Paul Pierce guarded by studs like Gerald Wilkins and Craig Ehlo? Dude would be a scrub. Vincent Askew and Sasha Danilovic in today's NBA would be an all-stars

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
    dirk? soft? What is this 2001?

Yea, the Dirk is "soft" myth needs to die already. The guy gets hacked like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Orlando Dwight wouldn't even make 3rd team All-NBA in MJ's era. I would take Shaq, Zo, Hakeem, Drob and Ewing over him easily.

Not every single season. Hakeem missed the All-NBA Team in 1992. Brad Daugherty made it ahead of him (and Hakeem didn't miss games). Daugherty is flat out not as good as Howard.

Zo missed the All-NBA Team in 1998, with both Hakeem and Ewing missing much of the season. Dikembe made it ahead of him and Dikembe is flat out not as good as Howard. Even in 97, Shaq missed a bunch of time and Robinson missed all but 6 games. Howard in 2011 would have made that team ahead of O'Neal. He would have made the 1st team.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    I absolutely agree actually. Wade *****s way way too much to make it in that era, Durant is too weak, KG...idk he could probably do it but who knows how he'd deal with real tough guys.
    Wade may ***** a lot, but that doesn't mean he still isn't tough and strong enough to play in that era.

He would simply have to adjust his attitude, and I think he could.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

MJ gone straight senile. he talking about "our era" like he played in some Homeric Herculean age of mythical warriors and legends or some shit. he was still playing 15 years ago, or is that not included in his era? there are players that have bridged MJ's prime and current player's early years without significant difference in their ability to compete.

I think that u should always believe in yourself and your peers in terms of greatness. I do think overall that the Golden Era back in the 80's and early 90's had more depth in terms of great talent. But to say ONLY FOUR! LMBAO. For starters, the 2000's era SG's are the greatest era of SG's of all time. Other than MJ and Drexler, Kobe, Wade, AI, Vince, T Mac, Ray Allen, Ginobli, and Pierce while he was at SG would completely overtake the SG spot. Other than Barkley and Malone, many of the PF's of that era would get overtaken as well. What's keeping MJ's era strong in comparison in terms of position depth is center and small forward. Point guard depth today from top to bottom is as good as ever. The only thing is those guys back in MJ's era were true technicians in the art of being a floor general and their era was damn deep at PG too. Many of today's PG's are more hybrid or combo guards playing PG. So for those reasons I would take the PG depth back then over today. But in my book, the main difference to me is the SF and C depth MJ's era had.

He's referring to the ones who have been successful. So he's basically leaving out KG and Wade. Maybe he sees KG as part of the 90s and Wade being successful because of the rule changes.

Very good NBA starter

he only named guys with rings.

to mj, rings are everything. it's his subtle way of telling everybody he's always above magic and bird, no discussion.