Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Witcher 3 Announced for 2014! (likely to be on next gen consoles)

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    How do you level up in this? Picked it up today and put in about four hours tonight, doing/finding mostly side-quests and contracts, along with some main quest and exploring. I haven't fought the griffin yet in White Orchard.

I'm only Level 1 though. Thought I'd be a bit higher by now.
    You don't have to worry about grinding for XP. Hell, you don't even get XP for killing shit when you're not doing a quest. Just do the main quests and some witcher contracts and you'll be fine.

You definitely get your money's worth for this game. I got it launch and I still haven't beaten it, it's insanely huge.

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    You definitely get your money's worth for this game. I got it launch and I still haven't beaten it, it's insanely huge.
    If I haven't played any before, will I know whats going on?

I love the open world games (Fallout New Vegas anyone?), but I also like there to be a story.

Any game where I can make the story up as I go along is A-Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    If I haven't played any before, will I know whats going on?

I love the open world games (Fallout New Vegas anyone?), but I also like there to be a story.

Any game where I can make the story up as I go along is A-Ok.
    Yes, it's a self contained story. Probably the best story I've ever seen in an RPG.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    You don't have to worry about grinding for XP. Hell, you don't even get XP for killing shit when you're not doing a quest. Just do the main quests and some witcher contracts and you'll be fine.
    You do get XP for killing stuff, just takes awhile though, Have confirmed.

Just had my first session on my pc, man the controls are touchy, wow

This is the new gold standard for RPG's. I can't believe Skyrim has a higher score on Metacritic The Witcher 3 shits on it in every way.
    Only because it's on the next console and for some reason everyone automatically gives the new console games a lower score.

This game is way better than Skyrim, I agree.

I finally got around to buying this. It's pretty cool, but I wish I would've bought the PC version, controls are shitty on PS4.

I don't think you can really compare it Skyrim. Skyrim is 4 years old, and completely open world, this one is definitely more story driven.

This game to me is more like a fantasy version of Mass Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    I finally got around to buying this. It's pretty cool, but I wish I would've bought the PC version, controls are shitty on PS4.

I don't think you can really compare it Skyrim. Skyrim is 4 years old, and completely open world, this one is definitely more story driven.

This game to me is more like a fantasy version of Mass Effect.
    That makes me very intrigued. ME series is one of my favorite of all time.

From this thread, this game seems "solid" to "great". But the reviews... it's gotten >90% almost universally, and people herald it as one of the greatest games of this generation.

Is this a must own title? I'm currently ~10% through MGSV and loving it. Wasn't impressed by 2k16... going to get a new game for Christmas, right now it looks like my choices are this game or Fallout 4.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Is this a must own title? I'm currently ~10% through MGSV and loving it. Wasn't impressed by 2k16... going to get a new game for Christmas, right now it looks like my choices are this game or Fallout 4.
    Absolutely, but you should finish MGS V first. You probably don't have the time to be playing both on a regular basis. Both games are massive.

As I said, Witcher 3 set a new standard for open world RPG's.

Absolutely, but you should finish MGS V first. You probably don't have the time to be playing both on a regular basis. Both games are massive.

As I said, Witcher 3 set a new standard for open world RPG's.

I think I'll pick it up after MGSV then.

To clarify - it's "must own" like MGSV or Mass Effect, now "must own" like Bioshock Infinite or Gears of War, right? If you get what I mean.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I was about 7 hours into Witcher 3 when I put it down in favor of MGS5. I won't go back to it until I complete MGS5. I loved Witcher 2 on the 360 and this one is an improvement on that. A lot of gamers are sleeping on it. CD Projekt RED, the makers of the game, are awesome at giving players what they want in a game as well as dlc. They've given a lot of free missions as dlc.

Picked this up for $25. Can't wait to play.