Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Andrew Bogut vs Roy Hibbert

Hibbert unfairly gets all the media hype when Bogut is just as good as, if not better, than Hibbert IMO

Bogut: 27 MPG; 8.2 PPG / 10.6 rebounds / 2.0 blocks on 64/35 shooting; ORtg 114, DRtg 95

Hibbert: 31 MPG; 12.3 PPG / 7.7 rebounds / 2.5 blocks on 47/75 shooting; ORtg 105, DRtg 94

This is with Bogut playing 4 minutes less per game, and not being involved in the team's offense as much. Advanced stats have him edging Hibbert out on offense, and having a marginally worse DRtg...

Where's the Bogut hype? Do we have to wait till he's unleashed in the playoffs?

Default Re: Andrew Bogut vs Roy Hibbert

Bogut is a defensive wall, but he had a lot more hype when at the Bucks, he just become a role player now. Albeit very important one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    Bogut is a defensive wall, but he had a lot more hype when at the Bucks, he just become a role player now. Albeit very important one.
    He should still be getting the same amount of hype as Hibbert does...anchoring the defense of a team tied for 2nd beast in the league

I usually hit open layups

Roy really needs to improve he's rebounding. But yes, Bogut is a beast. Will be extremely important come playoff time. Great passer for a big man too.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Bogut.

Quote Originally Posted by finchyyy
    Roy really needs to improve he's rebounding. But yes, Bogut is a beast. Will be extremely important come playoff time. Great passer for a big man too.

I'd take pre-injury Bucks Bogut over Hibbert, but I really don't know about them in their current state.

Hibbert's impact just cannot be completely represented by stats. Every time I watch the Pacers play, I lose track of how many plays he impacts but doesn't get any statistical reward for - there's just too many. He could literally have 0 points and 4-5 rebounds in a game against Miami and still be the most impactful player on the floor for Indiana.

Bogut has been progressively getting closer and closer to his pre-injury form. And without him I think GS would be pretty average. He's definitely one of the most underrated big men in the league.

It really depends on the matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    He should still be getting the same amount of hype as Hibbert does...anchoring the defense of a team tied for 2nd beast in the league

He gave Duncan a lot of problems last year. He did get a lot of media attention then, a lot because Duncan was complaining that Bogut was dirty.

Hibbert gets the attention because of the rivalry with the heat, and also because D12 disappointed in LA last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    He gave Duncan a lot of problems last year. He did get a lot of media attention then, a lot because Duncan was complaining that Bogut was dirty.

Hibbert gets the attention because of the rivalry with the heat, and also because D12 disappointed in LA last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I'd take pre-injury Bucks Bogut over Hibbert, but I really don't know about them in their current state.

Hibbert's impact just cannot be completely represented by stats. Every time I watch the Pacers play, I lose track of how many plays he impacts but doesn't get any statistical reward for - there's just too many. He could literally have 0 points and 4-5 rebounds in a game against Miami and still be the most impactful player on the floor for Indiana.

Bogut has been progressively getting closer and closer to his pre-injury form. And without him I think GS would be pretty average. He's definitely one of the most underrated big men in the league.

Bogut's impact also can't be fully represented by stats either, though. Many times our defense just falls apart when he's out.

But yeah, Hibbert also has a huge impact on games. My purpose wasn't to necessarily push the idea that Bogut is clearly > Hibbert, but that Bogut should be getting some hype for anchoring a top 3 defense in the league considering Roy's getting All-Star selections, hype for DPOY, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck

Pre Injury Bogut use to score away from the basket. He doesn't have the same role with GSW because they got so much shooting depth.

But I agree Bogut at the Bucks before injuries was outstanding.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

If you can promise me a healthy Bogut, I would take him over every center not named Cousins or Noah.

He's managed to stay healthy this year and he's been balling. Been surprised by the amount of athleticism he's shown on some of his defensive rotations and alley oops. This must be the start of a healthy rest of career.
    [color=white]Oops, I jinxed him.[/color]

Hibbert unfairly gets all the media hype when Bogut is just as good as, if not better, than Hibbert IMO

Bogut: 27 MPG; 8.2 PPG / 10.6 rebounds / 2.0 blocks on 64/35 shooting; ORtg 114, DRtg 95

Hibbert: 31 MPG; 12.3 PPG / 7.7 rebounds / 2.5 blocks on 47/75 shooting; ORtg 105, DRtg 94

This is with Bogut playing 4 minutes less per game, and not being involved in the team's offense as much. Advanced stats have him edging Hibbert out on offense, and having a marginally worse DRtg...

Where's the Bogut hype? Do we have to wait till he's unleashed in the playoffs?
    Those basketball-reference.com ORtg/DRtg numbers are just estimates computed from box scores, and aren't actual ORtg/DRtg with Bogut/Hibbert on the court (from play-by-plays):

http://stats.nba.com/playerStats.htm...erMode=PerGame

Hibbert is 105.7/92.9

Bogut is 107.2/98.5.

I think Bogut is a top 5 center though, and will be huge for GSW in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Those basketball-reference.com ORtg/DRtg numbers are just estimates computed from box scores, and aren't actual ORtg/DRtg with Bogut/Hibbert on the court (from play-by-plays):

Hibbert is 105.7/92.9

Bogut is 107.2/98.5.

I think Bogut is a top 5 center though, and will be huge for GSW in the playoffs.
    Ah, thanks for the clarification

So yeah Hibbert's defensive impact is bigger, but Bogut should still be getting more hype than he is right now

So yeah Hibbert's defensive impact is bigger, but Bogut should still be getting more hype than he is right now
    Bogut's the better offensive center (very underrated passer). Bill Walton's a big fan of his.

Definitely agree, with the Bucks even in his best seasons he got very little hype.

I think the biggest reason he isn't is because most people expected GS to be near the top, pretty much where Portland is at right now. Instead they're hovering in a dangerous spot with Memphis coming for them and Dallas keeping steady.