Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: Batum's Crotch Punch (GIF)

The quote there is hilarious. "I wanted to give him a legit another reason to flop"...

I have no problem with what he did. Honestly, they want to pretend they're hit when they're not, they got hit in the balls. Good for Batum.

Honestly this makes me like Batum even more now. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of people talking about how wrong this was. Flopping is wrong.

Batum has been soft his whole career. He needs to get mad at this bullshit and show he gives a damn about the game for once.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidrage
    I have no problem with what he did. Honestly, they want to pretend they're hit when they're not, they got hit in the balls. Good for Batum.
    This, fk them floppers

Maybe he'll think twice before flopping like a bitch.

go batum.............Giknobli and Skoda should be next in line.........those fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]kers...............

Nicolas Batum: I want to apologize for my stupid act at the end, I showed a bad image of France and myself, Congrats to team Spain.

Decent college freshman

I could NOT BELIEVE rudy fernandez. the flopping was embarrassing. does he have no shame?????? acting like he got shot out there

Entity of Existence Living Being's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    at least you can say France didnt go down swinging
    ??????

Not airballing my layups anymore bigdaddyfunk's Avatar

If you flop, you get in the balls. That's how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Exactly. If you're getting angry about the other team flopping then give them a hard ass foul. Hitting someone in the nuts is a bitch move and worse then flopping.
    Yeah, but you're talking about Europeans here. Bitches, pretty much all around.

derrrttyy

Banned

Frenchman surrenders after making bold statements

so. surprised.

NBA Superstar

Usually I'm not a fan of rogue retaliation but. . . I was entertained in this case, particularly if it turns out Spain was in fact faking fouls.

I don't believe all "flops" are created equal. I think there's a lot of players who get legitimately fouled, pushed, or held and they exaggerate the contact in an attempt to draw attention to an illegal play. I actually don't have much of a problem with that.

For instance, Ben Wallace would be frequently shoved in the back while he had the inside position for a rebound. Had he merely let himself get pushed under the basket and out of position, his opponent would have gained an advantage through illegal means. Instead, many times, Wallace would intentionally time his jump to coincide with the push in order to allow his body to move forward, thus creating a clear look of displacement to the officials (he'd usually flail his arms for good measure). Again, I never minded that because it was merely an exaggerated response to a legitimately illegal defensive action.

On the flip side, I've always had a problem with players who purposely faked contact and then faked their falls. I guess the best description for this type of flop is "the soccer flop". I reserve this for situations where nothing illegal is occurring, but a player is looking for an out or looking to create the illusion of something illegal. For me, this would be a ballhandler with a defender gently on his hip suddenly spasming and falling to the ground. I have a particular displeasure for those who fake a fall and then also fake an injury.

In these Olympics, I haven't seen a ton of the bad kind of flops, but I've seen enough to know it exists. As such, if it really was a situation where Spain was faking falls in order to draw fouls that didn't exist, I don't have too much of a problem with the rogue justice.

Decent playground baller TexasBloodMoney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    What a piece of shit. Typical frenchman
    Wow, way to stereotype a whole country. Of course you're not a piece of shit for doing that.

Bitchass spanish got what was coming to him. Cheating to get better seding thus cheating out France of a medal ? Flopping during the match even tough France already lost it ?

Bitchass got what was coming to him.

The punk got punked.