Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nash: "I promised a friend if the fans vote me in the Allstar game I'll try to dunk."

Quote Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
    Nash said himself he hasn't dunked in yrs but assumes he still can. It's on his twitter

I don't believe that (he doesn't KNOW if he can dunk or not).

I would bet that he can dunk (basic one handed dunk) quite easily.

If he did it in a regular season game I'd be kinda hype because he doesn't dunk but I don't see the big deal overall.

Default Re: Nash: "I promised a friend if the fans vote me in the Allstar game I'll try to dunk."

but nash is nowhere near getting voted in

Lemme alter my stance.

If he does something other than the basic one handed dunk I will be [kinda] excited.

voice of reason

Just googled "nash dunking" on google and literally came up with no videos of that action. LOLS

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by olddangerfield
    Just googled "nash dunking" on google and literally came up with no videos of that action. LOLS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I'd be more impressed if he said he was gonna try to play defense if they voted him in

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I'd be more impressed if he said he was gonna try to play defense if they voted him in
    He tries, he just either doesn't know how to play defense or he just plain sucks at it.

Banned

That would be awesome to see. let's hope he's in!

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    I played HS ball in Indiana and saw plenty of sub 6'5" white guys dunk. How is Nash any different.

He's 6 feet plus and works out all the time....why would it be so amazing to see him do a simple dunk?

1) He's 36 years old.

2) No one has ever seen him dunk.

Decent playground baller novocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG5MVP
    Nash using reverse psychology to get votes

this

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    I don't believe that (he doesn't KNOW if he can dunk or not).

I would bet that he can dunk (basic one handed dunk) quite easily.

If he did it in a regular season game I'd be kinda hype because he doesn't dunk but I don't see the big deal overall.
    Why not? Jeff Hornacek was the same way. When asked if he could dunk, he said he doesn't know because he never tried. But here's Nash's exact quote
    http://twitter.com/SteveNash/status/19920677876273152
    RT @matt__131: @SteveNash can you dunk? Cause raja bell says you can.(About 3 years ago I did at practice. Haven't tried since)

I'm guessing the chances of him being chosen as a reserve are slim as well right?

Not airballing my layups anymore Snicklefritz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation
    1) He's 36 years old.

2) No one has ever seen him dunk.
    3) Canadian

Banned

He's 6'3 and plays professional basketball. Of course he can dunk.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Knicks
    He's 6'3 and plays professional basketball. Of course he can dunk.
    I doubt it. His best elevation is off his right leg too so that would make it that much more difficult for him because he would have to dunk left handed or 2 handed in that case. Right hand- right foot is possible, but because your body balance would be off (unless you practice it that way over a long period), you have to jump even higher to make up for it.

You can probably find a video of him doing a good finger roll with his hand at or slightly above the rim, but I know for experience that that's still a big difference the last couple of inches needed to dunk.