Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Magic and Skip say Jordan would beat Lebron 10 out of 10 one v one

Lebron can guard 1-3 and some 4's. He cannot guard Gasol with regularity...at least not when Gasol played like he had balls.

Shane Battier was the Heat's PF early in the season. Lebron was not playing PF. He was playing his position and making up for the rebounding issues. But he was not playing PF, nor was he guarding the other PF. Shane Battier is a 3 who can play some 2 and not a PF. He was literally getting abused early in the season and Lebron was playing the 3. That's not to say Lebron was selfish or that he should have guarded the opposing 4's. But he didn't, despite him being much better suited to guarding 4's than Battier is. Lebron has the body for anyone. He wasn't guarding 4's because it's not his game. He can tho, if he's asked too. But it's exaggerated when people say he does it game to game.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    Rose, ONLY PLAYER ABLE TO CREATE HIS OWN OFFENSE ON COURT. HENCE, USED UP LIKE AN OLD SOCK BY THE ECF.

Lebron, WADE AND BOSH TO TAKE ATTENTION AWAY FROM HIM. HENCE, HE'S A LITTLE BITCH WITH 2 OTHER STARS HAVING HIS BACK.

so Rose was the only guy that could create his own shot, yet you fail to mention LeBron was the only guy who could create his own shot in the 09 ECF.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Did you even hear the full context of the interview? He never even said Kobe was the better player. He said, right now, I take Lebron, he's been the most dominant player in the game. As for their careers, gotta go with Kobe, because of the rings. The media is just hyping that interview up.

Yeah I heard that part but also heard comments of saying only 4 players would be successful in yesterdays NBA. He also said Lebron would NOT be as Dominant and almost Laughed at notion of Lebron being compared to Oscar Robertson. MJ is still the GOAT however I think all the Lebron talk and Hype has made him a bit uneasy thus needing to knock him down a peg or two to make himself look and feel better. I grew up watching MJ and that NBA and I know Lebron would be just as good than that he is now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    so Rose was the only guy that could create his own shot, yet you fail to mention LeBron was the only guy who could create his own shot in the 09 ECF.
    AGAINST THE MAGIC!!! BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

AND THEY LOST!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Yeah I heard that part but also heard comments of saying only 4 players would be successful in yesterdays NBA. He also said Lebron would NOT be as Dominant and almost Laughed at notion of Lebron being compared to Oscar Robertson. MJ is still the GOAT however I think all the Lebron talk and Hype has made him a bit uneasy thus needing to knock him down a peg or two to make himself look and feel better. I grew up watching MJ and that NBA and I know Lebron would be just as good than that he is now.
    Fair enough, but the way you come at people, make it seem like you think LBJ would dominate Kareem/MJ/Hakeem/Shaq/Wilt all in one night.

Just tone it down a bit with the over bearing LBJ homerism.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Fair enough, but the way you come at people, make it seem like you think LBJ would dominate Kareem/MJ/Hakeem/Shaq/Wilt all in one night.

Just tone it down a bit with the over bearing LBJ homerism.

I hear ya but some of these Kobe stand/Lebron Haters make me get that level at times.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    The league MVP, lightning quick point guard, who gets to the basket at will shoots 1 for 15 vs Lebron and it's growing pains?
    Well, he did hurt his ankle during the Pacers series that slowed him down. Didn't LBJ complain about his elbow during the Celtics series he lost? If LBJ can use that as an excuse, I see no reason why Rose shouldn't also (he hasn't).

I will absolutly say growing pains, we all here cut LBJ some slack for his performance against the Spurs in 07, he was a young guy first time that deep in the playoffs vs a veteran team. Or would you perfer us to say LBJ has laid in egg twice in the Finals and come up big once?

Most people here cut LBJ some slack for 07, (youth, inexperience, overmatched) even though he stunk.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    I hear ya but some of these Kobe stand/Lebron Haters make me get that level at times.
    Yeah, same here. The Rose haters get me to my boiling point too.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

AGAINST THE MAGIC!!! BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

AND THEY LOST!

Whats it matter if it was against the Magic? They had the next best 3 players after Lebron in the series. Finally you admit that Cleveland team had no shot creators

Depends on a few things:

- Game rules. Make it, take it? This is the kind of game that could come down to who misses first

- Can Lebron handle Jordan's offensive versatility? Is Jordan strong enough to prevent Lebron from backing him down and bulldozing him to the rim?

- Who's 'hot' at that given moment. Lebron is literally impossible to guard if his jumpshot is on. Jordan has more offensive weapons that can be employed in a one on one scenario.

I'd take MJ, but 10 out f 10 is insanity. 6/10, max 7/10, is the absolute best case scenario.

Banned

Whats it matter if it was against the Magic? They had the next best 3 players after Lebron in the series. Finally you admit that Cleveland team had no shot creators
    Dwight, who wasn;t guarding Lebron 1 on 1. Rashard Lewis? Hedo? Nelson?

Rashard Lewis is such a nightmare defender!!!

Also, their team defense was only good, because of the rim protection. Lebron didn't have resistance leading up the rim, only at the rim. In which he got a shit ton of foul calls.

I remember Dwight being in foul trouble early as hell in those games.

lebron isnt even that great of an iso player

Silk, thanks for making our point for us, lol.
    You try putting Rose down so much it's not funny ...You have Rose on one side with nobody else with him that can create their own shot. On the Heat you have LBJ and Wade, plus an All Star PF. We were outgunned and a 22/23 year old wasn't going to beat by himself a Heat team with their best players in their prime.

It was still a close series even though it was 4-1 because 3 of your wins came down to the last minutes of the game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Silk, thanks for making our point for us, lol.
    You try putting Rose down so much it's not funny ...You have Rose on one side with nobody else with him that can create their own shot. On the Heat you have LBJ and Wade, plus an All Star PF. We were outgunned and a 22/23 year old wasn't going to beat by himself a Heat team with their best players in their prime.

It was still a close series even though it was 4-1 because 3 of your wins came down to the last minutes of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Google Jason Terry trash talk LeBron James and refresh your memory by watching the YouTube video of Terry knocking down a dagger three in James face...
    So "punking" him is trash talking and hitting a shot? A scorer scores and talks some trash and that's punking him? What was Lebron supposed to do? Punch him or something? As far as him hitting a shot, I don't know if you never seen it before, but players hit shots all the time.