Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Real Madrid - Boston Celtics Game Thread

Cool game so far, great pace... Real Madrid nowadays plays a lot like an NBA Team.

Doncic 16 years old on the court getting good minutes.
    Sergio Rodriguez just trashing Isaiah Thomas and Marcus Smart.

Olynik playing in Europe would be so great, fundamentally sound.

Default Re: Real Madrid - Boston Celtics Game Thread

two classic teams

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Celtics just hammering the euroleague Champs right now without Amir Johnson.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

zzz. Stevens could probably coach Butler to beat this trash team.

Good college starter

Euroleague champs

Lot of unathletic scrubs, softies and unfit bums

Thompkins was a Clip practice player on his last NBA sighting and he's leading this trash.

Celtics used their roster fillers at the last quarter and blew this minor leaguers.

And they talk about how Euroleague champ an easy NBA playoff team

Nikka please
    Last edited by Rooster; 10-08-2015 at 05:25 PM.

Boston pretty much destroyed Euroleagues best (game wasn't even close in the second half).

The Celtics have a bright future though, man. A lot of players who do the same thing, but they're well coached and Isaiah Thomas is a BEAST. Its crazy that he's only 5'9" and doing the shit he does out there.

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Boston pretty much destroyed Euroleagues best (game wasn't even close in the second half).

The Celtics have a bright future though, man. A lot of players who do the same thing, but they're well coached and Isaiah Thomas is a BEAST. Its crazy that he's only 5'9" and doing the shit he does out there.

They had two high school players on the floor. That's not the "Euroleague's best".

They did not even play with what are probably their two best players either, and what is certainly their best player.

They already lost last week to a team from Brazil in the Intercontinental Cup, and got blown out to a team from Spain in the Spanish Supercup.

It's pretty obvious that their coach is not taking any of these preseason games serious.

They didn't even run any sets. They just played street ball the entire game.

Yes, they got blown out, but don't PRETEND that they even tried to play a real game, BECAUSE THEY DID NOT.

And I'm honestly not sure why they didn't. But I guess they just figured with their probably two best players injured that there was no point, especially since they had terrible results in the last week.

They still could have at least run some plays though.

It was an insulting display to the Euroleague by them.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-08-2015 at 06:06 PM.

Rudy Fernandez isn't making THAT big of a difference. Not only that, but the Celtics had their share of injuries themselves (Evan Turner and Amir Johnson)

Also...by Euroleagues best, I mean the defending champions. Boston played ordinary basketball and still crushed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Cool game so far, great pace... Real Madrid nowadays plays a lot like an NBA Team.

Doncic 16 years old on the court getting good minutes.
    Sergio Rodriguez just trashing Isaiah Thomas and Marcus Smart.

Olynik playing in Europe would be so great, fundamentally sound.
    It was embarrassing that Lasso put two high school sophomores on the court. And if by "playing like an NBA team these days", you mean that they never ran a play the whole game....then yeah I guess so.

That was a ridiculous display by Lasso.

Benched Fernandez and Taylor, with minor injuries, then played high school sophomores.......did not run any plays.

And then to top if off the idiot NBATV announcer (I'm not sure if you watched that broadcast or not), lied and claimed they were not using NBA rules, and claimed it was a FIBA court.

Unbelievable amount of bullshit.

The only thing I can think is the NBA threw a huge fit after Fenerbahce won that game in the USA.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Rudy Fernandez, one of their best, didn't play.

Rudy Fernandez isn't making THAT big of a difference. Not only that, but the Celtics had their share of injuries themselves (Evan Turner and Amir Johnson)

Also...by Euroleagues best, I mean the defending champions. The Celtics were playing ordinary basketball and still crushed them.
    Rudy Fernandez and Jeff Taylor, basically their two best all-around overall players (Rudy is without any doubt at all by 100% their best player - and no matter what bullshit any NBATV announcer says that is a fact), were benched by coach's decision, and instead two high school sophomores were played.

STOP TROLLING.

Real never even ran a play until about the 40 minute mark of the game even.

They clearly had no attempt to win the game, which was a bit bizarre.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-08-2015 at 06:09 PM.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Rudy Fernandez and Jeff Taylor, basically their two best all-around overall best players (Rudy is without any doubt at all by 100% their best player - and no matter what bullshit any NBATV announcer says that is a fact), were benched by coaches decision, and instead two high school sophomores were played.

STOP TROLLING.

Truth, Bauru put everything they had into trying to beat the Knicks. They still got whooped, but at least they gave it their best shot.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Would have been nice if they'd have shown up for their big game, but...

Good run out for the Cs against inferior opposition

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Rudy Fernandez and Jeff Taylor, basically their two best all-around overall best players (Rudy is without any doubt at all by 100% their best player - and no matter what bullshit any NBATV announcer says that is a fact), were benched by coaches decision, and instead two high school sophomores were played.

STOP TROLLING.

Stop doing drugs.

Laso just said in this postgame conference on NBA TV, that he ran something called "quick hitter". I personally saw them run a few Side pick N rolls along with a couple box set plays.

And again, Boston also missed some of their key/best players, yet still made quick of the "Euroleague Champions"

Your trolling is weak as hell dude.
    Last edited by catch24; 10-08-2015 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    Truth, Bauru put everything they had into trying to beat the Knicks. They still got whooped, but at least they gave it their best shot.
    Exactly. Even if they thought, OK, without Rudy and Taylor we can't win this game.........................

They still could have at least tried.

I don't get it. Loser mentality.

But that is the thing with Real Madrid. They have always had a loser's mentality. It's the thing they have always been known for. They have been known for being losers for like 20 years.

They are the opposite mentality actually of Barca, which of course wanted to go after the Lakers.

Real have always been labeled as the biggest losers of Europe in the last 20 years, and their coach has had the label of maybe being the biggest joke in Europe.

This game shows exactly why. I mean they just treated it like, hey, an NBA team is at our city, let's just roll over and die.

Quite pathetic, and I really can't remember seeing that from any good Euroleague team before.

The fact that he actually put high school sophomores in the game was just astonishing to me. And then how the NBATV announcers found a way to spin that, like, "this guy is so amazing, he's like the next Rubio".

Yeah, sure, high school sophomores should actually be in games with NBA players.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-08-2015 at 06:25 PM.