Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Miami Heat - Overrated Pretenders?

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    But how exactly do you know that? I see these hypotheticals all the time. It's getting old. We'll never know how Miami would fair in the western conference, so just get over it.
    Because that's what their record indicates, and they have played predominantly more games against the EC. While the Clips, Spurs and Thunder all have a handful of more wins playing against tougher competition.

You think a jump to the West would up their win total? You think cutting their games against the weak East in half, and doubling the WC opponents on their schedule would work in their favor?

It just shows how easy they have it compared to all the other great teams in this league. Not only do they have the heaviest super team in the league, but they play in a conference where they can essentially lose all the games they want and it will hardly scratch their playoff positioning. It's pretty obvious that being in the West would change everything for them. You disagreeing shows me your just another sad Heat/Lebron homer who will disregard anything currently going on with the team and just say "WE DA BESS".

Quote Originally Posted by The Nets
    Miami Heat's next ten games:

@ SAC W(24-11)
    @ UTA L(24-12)
    @ GS L(24-13)
    @ LAL L(24-14)
    TOR W(25-14)
    DET W(26-14)
    @ BOS L(26-15)
    @ BKN L(26-16)
    @ IND L(26-17)
    @ TOR L(26-18)

They will go 3-7 and drop out of top 3 seeds in Eastern Conference.
    There is no way this is gonna happen, I give the Bobcats a shot to make the playoffs before considering the Heat going 3-7 a possibility. This looks like pure trolling.

I'm pretty sure the Heat won't even go lower than seed No2 all season long. They are obviously coasting at the moment and they haven't gone on a hot streak, which they're due for. Assuming the only games they're gonna win will be against scrub teams is just ridiculous.

Miami Heat:
    @Sacramento - W
    @Utah - W
    @Golden State - L
    @LAL - W
    Toronto - W
    Detroit - W
    @Boston - L
    @Brooklyn - W
    @Indiana - W
    @Toronto - W
    Charlotte - W
    Houston - W
    LAC - L
    LAL - W
    Portland - W
    @Oklahoma City - L
    @Atlanta - L
    @Chicago - W
    @ Philadelphia - L
    Cleveland - W
    Sacramento - W
    Memphis - L
    @New York - L
    @Minnesota - W

I feel like they'll go 16-8 from today to March 4th. A few games could go either way like OKC & Boston for obvious reason. Also, Chicago should have Rose back by this time I believe so that game could be a toss up. New York has been spanking Miami this season, Memphis has the size that I don't think Miami can overcome, same goes for Indiana, plus the athleticism. Gave Atlanta the W because I don't think they'll be swept by Miami, but that could become a win for Miami because they have had Atlanta's number this season. Clippers are just too athletic, physical, well rounded and big for Miami, Philly could beat Miami due to being home and their athleticism. Golden State wins due to size and quickness.

I feel like this is much more accurate than that bullshit posted earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by albas89
    There is no way this is gonna happen, I give the Bobcats a shot to make the playoffs before considering the Heat going 3-7 a possibility. This looks like pure trolling.

I'm pretty sure the Heat won't even go lower than seed No2 all season long. They are obviously coasting at the moment and they haven't gone on a hot streak, which they're due for. Assuming the only games they're gonna win will be against scrub teams is just ridiculous.
    They just went 3-5, I wouldnt say 3-7 in another stretch is impossible at all. In fact, it looks reasonable to me. A quick note, the Heat were 0-4 against teams above 0.500 in their last four games.

Oh yeah, coasting. Remember the first time Heat lost by 20 against the Knicks, people said the Heat were coasting. It was not until they lost by 20 again at home with Melo-less Knicks that people finally began to realize that the Heat were actually just not good enough. They will be 31-27 after the next 24 games play out, so 8-16 down this stretch. Interestingly, the Boston Celtics is likely to have a better record than 31-27 then.
    Last edited by The Nets; 01-11-2013 at 12:04 PM.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Nets
    Yeah, but there also have been teams like 02-03 Lakers, 06-07 Heat, 07-08 Spurs and 10-11 Lakers who just aint competitive any longer and people kept overrating them 'cause they were defending champs.
    '02-'03 Lakers ended up probably that one Horry 3 that rimmed out away from another title. In fact, in the end, that was probably the difference between their '02 and '03 seasons. Horry's 3 went in vs Sacramento and it rimmed out vs the Spurs. And that was with Horry going 0/18 on 3s vs the Spurs, Rick Fox got injured leaving Devean George as their starting small forward and even he eventually got injured. Pretty much everything that could have gone wrong did short of Shaq or Kobe going down. And even Kobe wasn't able to play up to his regular season standard due to a shoulder injury. The Heat didn't start out 11-19 either.

The '06-'07 Heat were so much older and looked much worse than this Heat team. Shaq missed half the season and was 35, Wade injured his shoulder, missed 30 games and shouldn't have even been playing vs Chicago, Eddie Jones was 35, Zo was 37, Payton was 38 and Antoine Walker was in terrible shape.

How were the '08 Spurs not competitive? They got to the WCF and Manu was nowhere near 100% by that point.

As far as the '11 Lakers, Kobe didn't look near 100% all season, Gasol played worse than anyone could have imagined in the playoffs and really nobody played like they were supposed to in the playoffs except Bynum.

I don't see how any of these really apply to Miami. And at least 2 of the teams you mentioned still contended. Miami has seemed to coast to the best record in the East and a 23-11 record. They're not old either. They have a 28 year old best player and 2 other stars who are 28 and 31, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    This. As has been proven in both conferences the last two years, having the #1 seed means very little considering neither of those teams made it to the Finals.
    Considering it might mean facing the bulls with rose in the second round, it means even less this year.

Terrible, Terrible Thread. Miami will start another winning streak after they beat Sacramento.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Terrible, Terrible Thread. Miami will start another winning streak after they beat Sacramento.
    Not likely, Lebron is good but he cant carry a sinking boat by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    Because that's what their record indicates, and they have played predominantly more games against the EC. While the Clips, Spurs and Thunder all have a handful of more wins playing against tougher competition.

You think a jump to the West would up their win total? You think cutting their games against the weak East in half, and doubling the WC opponents on their schedule would work in their favor?

It just shows how easy they have it compared to all the other great teams in this league. Not only do they have the heaviest super team in the league, but they play in a conference where they can essentially lose all the games they want and it will hardly scratch their playoff positioning. It's pretty obvious that being in the West would change everything for them. You disagreeing shows me your just another sad Heat/Lebron homer who will disregard anything currently going on with the team and just say "WE DA BESS".
    I'm not really disagreeing with what you're saying. All I'm trying to say is this is a pointless argument. Yes, the East is easier for Miami. They have more room for mistakes. The west is where 1 loss could be the difference between a playoff seed or an early off season. But that isn't Miami's fault. Should they ask Stern to switch confrences. Btw, I'm not a homer. But I guess you concluded that yourself. I've actually repped you before because I think you're a non biased poster. Don't let all these other stans make you think every Heat fan is like them.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Who is going to beat them in a 7 game series? OKC is the only team with a chance in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Who is going to beat them in a 7 game series? OKC is the only team with a chance in hell.
    Lakers in 4

they surely dont care about regular season... come playoff time they will murder everyone... except for the pacers... that goes 6 games

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    Lakers in 4

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    I'm not really disagreeing with what you're saying. All I'm trying to say is this is a pointless argument. Yes, the East is easier for Miami. They have more room for mistakes. The west is where 1 loss could be the difference between a playoff seed or an early off season. But that isn't Miami's fault. Should they ask Stern to switch confrences. Btw, I'm not a homer. But I guess you concluded that yourself. I've actually repped you before because I think you're a non biased poster. Don't let all these other stans make you think every Heat fan is like them.

He isn't unbiased. The guy hates LeBron so bad its not even funny.

Spo needs to rest lebron a game or two and just let bosh and wade handle it. This upcoming stretch is the perfect time.