Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Michael Carter-Williams

Philly fans, your thoughts on him.

I know it's early, and I gotta admit I'm a stats guy, and his jump out (except his fg%).

Does he have "it"?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Re: Michael Carter-Williams

He's very cute, that's all I know.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Haven't watched many Phily games, but in the games that I have seen it seems like he does a good job defensively on the opposing PG due to his size and length. He should never take 25 shots a game like tonight tho imo.

Roy.

Looks like Drake imo

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

I like him and like him way more than Jrue. That being said, he needs to shoot less. A lot less. He's not a good shooter and jacks up too many bad shots. He's just a rookie and the team is bad so I don't care that much. It just concerns me moving forward. He has lead the team in FGA too many times. He's a good passer and I'm happier w him instead of Jrue. I'm optimistic about his future.

Banned

hate his name, and any other player with a similar one and they aren't doing their popularity or jersey sales a favor by having a name like that.

Dunking on everybody in the park

MCW doesnt blow yourmind? He and magic are the only players to average 17/7/5 in their rookie years.

Biggest thing your missing tho

THREE STEALS A GAME. Thats more than cp3 ever averaged.

In fact, MCW leads the league insteals

In terms of pure stats, MCW is up there with Blake Griffin and LeBron James as the best rookies of the decade.

Also, the 76ers are a .500 team with MCW, 1-10 when hes injured

His impact on the floor is rediculous, he was SHUTTING OUT Lillard yesterday, major reason why the 6ers beat the BLAZERS on the ROAD with that shitty ass roster. MCW as a rookie>Kyrie as a rookie. That much is clear. MCW has incredible defensive potential, 24/11/6/4.5 is not out of the question in his prime
    Just cause he isnt getting hype doesnt mean hes bad, MCW is one ofthe better rookies ive seen, that includes Tyreke, Kyrie, Drose, and KD.

I posted the bold above, like half a month ago, and most of it still stands. He is arguably the 3rd best rookie since 2000, and his impact on the team is sky high ridiculous. He has a shot at being an allstar this year, which would make him the first player in the east to be an allstar as a rookie since grant hill in 95. I definately have him as an allstar reserve.

He's arguably the 2nd best player in his draft.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    He's arguably the 2nd best player in his draft.
    he's the best currently, in a couple seasons I think others may pass him as I see more potential in other players and don't know if MCW will keep this up, but right now he's looking the best

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge

His jumper is about as inconsistent as his performance. He's hit a bit of a rookie wall. He'll have a good game like last night then a clunker. Still hasn't made anyone respect his jump shot anywhere on the floor. So he sees a lot of opportunities where he is open. Hit and miss. Overall on the season he's not even hitting 30% of his 3's. Nothing broke about his jumper, he just needs to keep up the reps daily. Eventually it'll fall...I hope. Not much of a midrange game. He either takes you to the basket or shoots a 3. Not as much in between game as I'd like.

Offensively, he attacks the rim despite lacking top notch explosiveness. Sometimes when he goes towards the rim leaving his feet? He elevates like a WNBA player. Needs to hit the weight room, and get stronger. He'll be even that much better finishing at the rim and drawing fouls. Speaking of fouls, he has cried excessively like Evan Turner to the officials. He's still learning how to be a leader, trying to mature/grow into that role. So I hope he does. Not a head case. He doesn't facilitate enough as a PG. He's not a score first PG but he has been doing more of that than I like. He should be setting up guys more, getting them into positions, driving and dishing. He should not be the guy on your team who has taken the most attempts. Love the aggressiveness but he needs to distribute and create plays more. He doesn't take advantage much in the post with his size, but again he's not exactly where he needs to be strength wise. Thats an idea he should work on this summer tho. Because he has times where he uses his size and scores. His passing ability out of the post could open it up even more or he could score. Easier said than done if you havent put in the work downlow so we wait.

Defensively he is great playing the passing lanes, and on ball his size/length gives him an advantage vs some guys. Wall had his way vs MCW using his elite quickness/speed. Also Wall is much stronger than MCW. Now off the ball MCW is bad, he is clueless out there. Often caught out of position, too far in the paint then losing track of his man who knocks down the 3 daily. Pick n roll defense is bad as well. He has no idea what to do.

All in all, very promising young talent with lots of room for improvement and growth. People comparing his stats to former greats is cute but watch film. He's far exceeded my expectations however so I'm not down on him at all. He's the only reason I tune in to see Sixers games...to watch him exclusively.

Quote Originally Posted by blood yes
    He has a shot at being an allstar this year.
    Over who? John Wall? Jeff Teague? Lance Stephenson? Kyle Lowry? Brandon Jennings? A.Afflalo? D.Derozen? Stop.

Banned

Um.......