Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Royce White will fly when he has to

http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2...travel_fl.html
    He's also flying to Spain with the team soon.

He's already said he can fly before, but that CBA issues stopped him from playing last year...watch the entire video...he's actually a well spoken man
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKAJ8SZRYaU
    Last edited by Inferno; 09-28-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Default Re: Royce White will fly when he has to

i really hope things work out for him

hes definitely not a dumb guy

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

I'm one of the few who have always supported him. I really can't wait to see him play, and I know he can't either.

lets see if he can finally play and live up to the hype

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    lets see if he can finally play and live up to the hype
    hype? he was the 16th pick

the 10 16th picks before him were

2009 James Johnson
    2008 Marreese Speights
    2007 Nick Young USC
    2006 Rodney Carnet
    2005 Joey Graham
    2004 Kirk Snyder
    2003 Troy Bell
    2002 Jiri Welsch

the pressure on him is now way out of proportion

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    hype? he was the 16th pick

the 10 16th picks before him were

2009 James Johnson
    2008 Marreese Speights
    2007 Nick Young USC
    2006 Rodney Carnet
    2005 Joey Graham
    2004 Kirk Snyder
    2003 Troy Bell
    2002 Jiri Welsch

the pressure on him is now way out of proportion
    People have been saying he was the 16th pick because of his off the court stuff and would have gone much higher without them. As I was told about 20 times during the draft.

So yeah, there's some hype. Not quite a top 3 pick, but more than your typical #16.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    People have been saying he was the 16th pick because of his off the court stuff and would have gone much higher without them. As I was told about 20 times during the draft.

So yeah, there's some hype. Not quite a top 3 pick, but more than your typical #16.
    thats a good point

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

He is indeed nice with words but that doesn't mean he's right.

He still never said what exactly he wasn't getting from the Rockets and what exactly he is advocating for. Probably because he was asking for way too much...like only playing in home games or something ridiculous like that.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    He is indeed nice with words but that doesn't mean he's right.

He still never said what exactly he wasn't getting from the Rockets and what exactly he is advocating for. Probably because he was asking for way too much...like only playing in home games or something ridiculous like that.
    He said he wanted a doctor that was a mental health practitioner, who wasn't on the payroll of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    He said he wanted a doctor that was a mental health practitioner, who wasn't on the payroll of the team.
    And he wanted that doctor, whom he'd be paying, to be empowered with the ability to pull him out of the game lineup based on "medical" reasons at any time.

The way I see it this guy's a prima donna trying to use his condition to get special treatment. He's finally realized that the NBA might be done with him and he's looking for $$$$ so naturally he's going to behave now and be willing to work with the team.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    And he wanted that doctor, whom he'd be paying, to be empowered with the ability to pull him out of the game lineup based on "medical" reasons at any time.

The way I see it this guy's a prima donna trying to use his condition to get special treatment. He's finally realized that the NBA might be done with him and he's looking for $$$$ so naturally he's going to behave now and be willing to work with the team.
    A team doctor has the ability to pull someone out of a lineup based on 'medical' reasons too. It makes more sense to use a non-team doctor. We all know team doctors have the organization in mind slightly more than they should. They'll rush people back.

Who gives a fukc. Do something on the court and maybe I'll pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    A team doctor has the ability to pull someone out of a lineup based on 'medical' reasons too. It makes more sense to use a non-team doctor. We all know team doctors have the organization in mind slightly more than they should. They'll rush people back.
    That misses my point. He's asking for special treatment in a team game where a doctor on his payroll can decide to pull him out because he doesn't feel like playing that day. A team is investing millions of dollars in this guy so it's not like they won't care about his well being.

In a team game it's unfair to the other players and to the coaching staff if they won't know whether or not a guy is going to play a game or not day in, day out. You wouldn't ask a team to accommodate a guy in a wheel chair as a player so why should they accommodate this guy who couldn't perform his job function due to his disability by his own admission? Ultimately if White is good enough a team will put up with his shenanigans, and lord knows Houston tried. As it stands now he was a throw-away, filler piece in a trade and he gets it. That's why he's suddenly singing a different tune. Just wait till he gets his money.

I used to be a big fan of his, especially cuz I have anxiety and he really stands up for mentall illness and sh1t like that. I started following him on twitter though and kinda got annoyed by him. He is def intelligent but to me he seems very narcissistic. He acts like he is a human rights activist and he is doing something heroic by refusing to work.

If you cant do the job you signed up for then get a new job. I don't feel bad for him.

Hope he can get on the court this year cuz I like his game and I like what he stands for even if I sometimes think he goes a lil overboard.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2...travel_fl.html
    He's also flying to Spain with the team soon.

He's already said he can fly before, but that CBA issues stopped him from playing last year...watch the entire video...he's actually a well spoken man
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKAJ8SZRYaU
    New 76er Royce White tried last week to dispel any speculation that air travel would hinder him from playing for the team this season.

However, the 6-foot-8 forward, who has an anxiety disorder, wasn't among the 14 players who flew here Thursday.
    lol this guy 2 straight seasons now