Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 343505152535455 LastLast

Thread: 2018 off-season

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2018 off-season

The sole purpose for Wade was to infuse his knowledge of the game into the next generation of rising stars.

[QUOTE]Keith Pompey: The #Sixers ownership group had dinner last night w/ Utah Jazz assistant general manager Justin Zanik on Sunday for their vacant GM job and will have dinner w/ Houston Rockets vice president Gersson Rosas tonight, according to sources. This is both candidates second interview. pic.twitter.com/r7OH8w1gsD

[QUOTE]Rodney Hood would like to re-introduce himself to Cleveland. Why? Because he plans on staying here a while. Hood accepted the Cavs

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/09/17/ri...formed-himself

[QUOTE]The former prodigy showed flashes of brilliance as a rookie with Minnesota after sticking in Spain for two seasons, earning All-Rookie honors in 2011

https://www.slcdunk.com/2018/9/18/17...n-nets-apology

For months before Sloan’s resignation I had heard through media friends that there were issues between Sloan and Deron Williams. The details are no longer important but there was a pattern of disrespect between the young All-Star point guard and his HOF coach. It didn’t take long before rumors started that it was because of Williams that Sloan decided to call it quits. The Jazz were in a bad place. Miller and O’Connor were calling out not only fans but the two-time MVP, Karl Malone for speaking out and not believing the company line of “Sloan being tired” as a reason for his resignation. It got ugly. Please read Moni’s post for a reminder of how bad things really were with the team. It took the team over two years to even admit that there had been strife between Sloan and Williams. The dishonesty from the Jazz in regards to the whole situation caused a divide between the team and its most loyal fans. The years immediately following Sloan’s resignation and Williams’ trade made it difficult to be a Jazz fan. The years passed, O’Connor retired, Ty Corbin was not re-signed and things began to look up for the team.
    The had a couple good teams under Corbin despite no Deron and being forced to build around a black hole and than to tank. He never had a shot. It was dark again until December of 2014 when Gobert emerged. Otherwise they'd be the Kings

Under the leadership of Dennis Lindsey, Quin Snyder, and now Steve Starks, there began to be a different feeling around the team. Fans were no longer disregarded, instead they were valued. The front office and the media no longer had to sell false hope about a bad coach or a middling team. The Jazz were different now, they had one of the smartest coaches in the league who excelled not only in player development but also player relationships. The front office and media no longer felt the need to hide things from fans and were slowly regaining their trust.
    All the media does is sell false help. Nothing has changed. Cheap owners. Questionable coaching called great. Bad front office moves called wizardry. Same as it ever was

As a Jazz fan who had heard some of what had happened between Williams and Sloan it has been hard get over what happened between the two of them. It had been hard to truly forgive Williams. I have moved on as most Jazz fans have but there was always something hanging over my fandom. Things have never been the same since 2011. It was almost as if the 2006-2011 Jazz teams did not exist. Highlights of those teams are rarely shared by the team, nor are they mentioned much by the media. In my heart it was also hard to think of those teams and enjoy them knowing how it all ended.
    Most fans haven't gotten over it. Just like Fisher and Kanter and now Hayward.

So number 8 will be going up in the rafters soon U take it?

https://www.nba.com/jazz/williams-sl...ere-it-belongs

[QUOTE]Williams was traded shortly after Sloan

https://thejnotes.com/2018/09/18/uta...rable-picture/

If leaked salary cap projections hold true, the Utah Jazz could have a lot of money to spend over the next two offseasons.
    But instead they'll probably give it to Favors and Rubio.

[QUOTE]Having said that, the team

https://thejnotes.com/2018/09/18/uta...etire-jazzman/

I admittedly was pretty young during the height of the John Stockton and Karl Malone years, so while those guys will always hold a special place in my heart along with the likes of Jeff Hornacek, Bryon Russell and others, my favorite player during my growing-up years in which I actually understood the game of basketball was without a doubt Deron Williams. I imagine the same goes for many of my fellow fans from the same generation.
    Haven't gotten the impression that you do know the game though

Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell may very well surpass that at one point in the not-so-distant future, but for now, the Jazz have yet to field a single player as exhilarating as Deron Williams since that bygone era.
    Gobert because he's a 2 way player

https://www.slcdunk.com/2018/9/19/17...-video-mixtape

[QUOTE]On NBA Reddit there was a very interesting Twitter Sentiment Analysis of each fan base. It looks like the majority of Jazz fans are

[QUOTE]Shams Charania: Jimmy Butler has requested a trade from the Minnesota Timberwolves, league sources tell me and @ Jon Krawczynski. Butler has given Minnesota a list of one-to-three teams with whom he

[QUOTE]Butler wants a trade to a team that plans to sign him to a five-year, maximum contract that could be worth $190 million in the summer, and his list could expand based upon the Timberwolves and rival teams

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-schedule.html

Utah will open the season with seven games in the first two weeks, with the first being Oct. 17 on the road against the Sacramento Kings. In all, the Jazz will play five of those contests away from Salt Lake City, including an early four-game road trip against the Houston Rockets, New Orleans Pelicans, Dallas Mavericks and Minnesota Timberwolves.
    Minnesota may have just became a lottery team again today!

[QUOTE]The Jazz will again play more home games (eight) than road games (seven) in January, although the month will see Utah have another extended road trip, as it

https://www.slcdunk.com/2018/9/19/17...a-timberwolves

He wants a team that will have cap space to get Kyrie Irving next summer
    maybe Kawhi Leonard too
    Gobert and Mitchell and Butler becomes maybe the #2 in the league. He'd have to consider it if they want to pay him

[QUOTE]Why?
    Butler is someone who