View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #23
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: Barkley believes NBA might rig lottery for the Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
"Not hard" meaning its not something that they couldn't do and wouldn't be worth it to do.

Like I always tell people who believe in the sanctity of professional sports, these are big businesses. They have gigantic TV deals. There is money to be made depending on what happens.

Why are people always on that whole, "Oh, David Stern is a good guy... he wouldn't do anything like that!"

They'd say something like IT WOULD RUIN THEM IF THEY GOT CAUGHT! No it wouldn't they'd just say "lol another conspiracy theory" and all of you guys would accept it because you'd rather be delusional than have your favorite thing diminished in any way.

-Smak
No, it would ruin them. The teams would cease to be partners and the commissioners office would be done and it's possible congress pulls the anti trust exemptions. The downside is a million times greater.

Soemone tell me the upside of rigging the lottery? There is no one necessary market in the lottery. Brooklyn? NY already has a team, if Brooklyn failed, it failed. It wouldn't hurt the league at all.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote