Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

Mike Brown must have think it is still preseason games.

No Dirk...and still

Quote Originally Posted by kobesabi
    Mike Brown must have think it is still preseason games.

No Dirk...and still
    Somewhere Phil Jackson is sitting, laughing............and waiting for his phone to ring.

Mike Brown is in OVER HIS HEAD. PERIOD.

I usually hit open layups

Dallas played very well. The Lakers, not as well.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

somehow the team with no dirk/kaman plays great....

& is out hustled by brand/E Curry/another random 6'5 guy.....how is this not on the coach???

bench got outscored 37-17......

Fire this potato head...hire Phil and lets go collect some rings...stupid waste of time..mutha fcuka

Quote Originally Posted by mr sax
    Dallas played very well. The Lakers, not as well.
    Rasheed = Both teams played hard, both teams played hard

This shows you the value of coaching.

Metta, 1 for 8 in 36 minutes.......nice rotation Mike Brown

No Dirk
    No Kaman
    ...No JTerry (new core)
    New core, so should be easier to win right?

Full Lakers roster with BIG 4, Jordan Hill, Jamison

opposition got Howard fouled out.

Mike Brown...FAIL

0-9 straight loss (including preseason). Woo hooo!!!!!!!!

NBA sixth man of the year

I've seen just about enough of this clown of a coach, Mike Brown. First off I'm sure he had a big say in why the Lakers didn't sign Leandro Barbosa and cut Chris Douglas Roberts (the guy who avged 17ppg a few seasons ago). Look at what Barbosa did tonight against the Heat, 16 points on 6-7 shooting all in the 4th quarter alone. Miami had no answer for him. How the hell do you not sign the guy? He's a 39% 3pt FG shooter for his career and had a hell of an Olympics for Brazil. How much of a no-brainer is that?

With such a terrible bench, you'd think his dumbass would be a lot smarter and keep or get guys that can actually score for the 2nd unit. Instead no, we're stuck with Steve ****ing Blake who can't even avoid spike strips while walking in the parking lot at the mall and Jamison at the 3 spot when Barnes was cut for the SOLE purpose of letting Ebanks take his spot. Not only did Ebanks not play tonight, World Peace played 36 minutes as the SF, nice rotation dude

The team as it stands is not championship calibur. You think back to the last two championships, they had wings that could actually run, defend, were versatile and be explosive, guys like Odom, Ariza, even Shannon Brown. Now you got slow old guys like MWP and Jamison, and Ebanks who doesn't even get playing time.

Not only that, you force Steve Nash, a guy who has played small ball his entire career to walk it up the court with a prime Dwight Howard. He loses all of his magic when you force him to play a half court game, that's why the Suns could never get passed the Spurs in the playoffs. Mike Brown doesn't know how to utilize his player's strengths. Give him free reign to run all the pick n rolls he wants, you can lie to the media but not to real fans that watch the game.

God, I have not seen a coach as bad as this guy in all my days. Spare me the optimistic crap, I've had enough of seeing this guy running the Laker's franchise and Kobe's last days into the ground.

Fire Mike Brown as soon as possible. This so called "hybrid" Princeton offense looks more like a prince ton of shit to me. /rant
    Last edited by BallsOut; 10-31-2012 at 01:50 AM.

Mike Brown must have still think it still preseason and not need to worry yet...0-1 or 0-9 means nothing yet.

NBA lottery pick

Yup, it's time for him to go. I wish they would've just done this after the end of last season now. It would have been nice for a new coach to have the preseason to put their system in place. Anybody have any ideas of who they would like?

I wouldn't say he's on the hot seat, but he's definitely getting a bit closer. It seems that after last night's loss, aside from the horrendous free throw shooting, this team doesn't have an identity.

Are they a defensive minded or offensive minded team? And if they are either one of those, are they low post team, an outside shooting team, or still a Kobe Bryant dominating team?

This needs to be figured out soon or we'll lose again tonight.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    I wouldn't say he's on the hot seat, but he's definitely getting a bit closer. It seems that after last night's loss, aside from the horrendous free throw shooting, this team doesn't have an identity.

Are they a defensive minded or offensive minded team? And if they are either one of those, are they low post team, an outside shooting team, or still a Kobe Bryant dominating team?

This needs to be figured out soon or we'll lose again tonight.
    They will lose again tonight and maybe on friday against the clips

Just amazed how he starters are clueless abiut where to be on the court...

Dallas with all those new guys didn take long to gt their plays down but somehow a team of kobe/nash/pau & howard is having trouble calling few basic plays and sticking to them

Lat night Howard was more of e curry then lat few yrs dwight...

Why the fcuk did we sign nash... If he is going to play role of Rakon Sessions?

Where the fcuk was he energy??? No energy and playerslooked out of sync ...j hill only came with energy...

Mitch need to show some ball and just waive that mutha fcuka steve blake...

Its a new offense man. Its only the second time the starters played together. Im sure the coaching staff went over it again. You'll see an improvement in offensive structure and execution today. Can we make our free throws is another question?

I am giving mike brown the benefit of the doubt.. He has until the end of November to figure this out. If he doesn't, I'm done with him. I will want him fired at that point.

For now, it does not seem like this hybrid princeton offense will work at all. It is making Nash be just a sideshow. Why the hell would you pay Nash this much to be nothing more than a Derek Fisher?? You are NOT fully utilizing Nash's strengths. Princeton hybrid MUST go down the trash. Princeton offense has never won a championship before on the professional level for a reason.

The offense must start with Nash. Pick&roll with the bigs, alley-oops, very little isolations with kobe, do some quick nash to gasol in highpost to dwight in the paint, use kobe to draw double teams out of the post and get dwight his one-on-one matchup in paint or find the open man..

My opinion of what coaching staff should focus on:
    -Use Nash PROPERLY OR TRADE HIM.
    -Get RID of princeton offense. You can use parts of it but only to a minor degree.
    -Hire somebody to work with Dwight one-on-one to improve his FT shooting. This is a MUST and first priority. Orlando used to have somebody, Lakers need somebody too. 21% FT shooting is beyond horrendous, it's unspeakable. 60% FT shooting yesterday from Dwight would have made it a 2pt game
    Last edited by bladefd; 10-31-2012 at 02:40 PM.