Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

I don't blame people for not wanting to play with him. There are 29 other teams and they wouldn't have to put ip with nearly the amount of shit ... Somebody called it earlier why veterans aren't wanting to come play with him because as you get older you just get fed up and don't want to put up with anything. Younger guys are much more go with the flow with whole ego issue. It's still there but testosterone peaks at 40 so the closer guys get to that age the more aggressive they become and couple that with experience = not wanting to put up with anything they don't have to.

Lol at the people who are saying guys need to stop doing this friend bullshit... The heat just won two ships and times are changing... Cram it up your ass. Putting ego aside and working together is the best way to accomplish things. That is the whole essence of team. If that happens to involve one guy being hands down the main dude and everybody can play off that then that's cool.. But not necessary. There is no right way to get things done just different ways.
    Last edited by Swaggin916; 06-28-2013 at 06:07 PM.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Kobefinger why you giving this kid cookies when he ignored the cake by other posters? Purposefully....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    Aside from Ray Allen, what quality free agents have taken pay cuts to join the Heat?
    Hmm I don't know, how about LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh who all took a paycut to play together and also sign Udonis Haslem, and Mike Miller.

Shane Battier, BIRDMAN, Ray Allen

The Heat are a family and talented guys are drawn to that.

The Lakers are a disgruntled workplace where noone gives a **** about eachother, but pretends to like eachother. Only way I would ever consider playing for LA over the Heat is if they gave me a significantly higher salary which is the case. Pau Gasol making 20 illion, Dwight Howard making 20 million, Steve Nash making like 10. No decent player has ever taken a paycut to play there.

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    Kobefinger why you giving this kid cookies when he ignored the cake by other posters?
    Because he left the thread hours ago after I refuted his argument only to come back and say the same thing. He's still saying it now. I'll stop though

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    Look how mad all of the Kobe stans are. Kobe hasn't gotten along with ANY high profile teammates in his entire career except for Gasol, and Nash who are both guys I could go up to and tell them I fuked their mothers and they wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Have fun watching a team with Andrew Gouldelock in the starting lineup next year because nobody wants to play with Kobe.
    Tony Montana's living proof you can put ten pounds of stupid in a 5 pound sack

dam.. TonyMontana must have Lebron's d1ck so far up his a$$ and through his mouth, he's spewing all sorts of sh1t.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Looks like the Kobe stans cannot explain LA hasn't attracted any quality veteran free agents signing for cheap ever since Shaq left town.

For those that actually play basketball(I doubt many of the Kobe stans actually do) Kobe is the cocky black kid that comes to the court, hogs the ball the entire time and taking contested jump shots. When he makes his first jump shot after 10 tries he starts talking shit. He will also call for the ball constantly, never pass, play no defense, and yell at his teammates constantly even though he is sucking ass.

Noone wants to play with that guy.
    You were far too extreme, it's not quite as extreme as you put it. But in a way, that kind if how he is, but with a MAJOR distinction

He is actually good enough to do that, whereas no one else is. No doubt that he wants to lead in PPG and be the man.

Unless you're better than Bryant, which you are not, you are going to be one of his role players. He is not always going to make the right decision, but he will entertain the hell out of the fans and make the wildest most difficult shots while hurting his efficiency.

This is all IMO btw, it's not like I know him personally

Quote Originally Posted by dh144498
    dam.. TonyMontana must have Lebron's d1ck so far up his a$$ and through his mouth, he's spewing all sorts of sh1t.

^I hate this bullsh*t... this is troll talk.. stop the gay talk and refute the arguments..

you make yourself look like an idiot when you do the troll sh*t

Hmm I don't know, how about LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh who all took a paycut to play together and also sign Udonis Haslem, and Mike Miller.

Shane Battier, BIRDMAN, Ray Allen

The Heat are a family and talented guys are drawn to that.

The Lakers are a disgruntled workplace where noone gives a **** about eachother, but pretends to like eachother. Only way I would ever consider playing for LA over the Heat is if they gave me a significantly higher salary which is the case. Pau Gasol making 20 illion, Dwight Howard making 20 million, Steve Nash making like 10. No decent player has ever taken a paycut to play there.
    dude just got exposed HARD. the 80's called, they want your user name back, fcking fraud.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    ^I hate this bullsh*t... this is troll talk.. stop the gay talk and refute the arguments..

you make yourself look like an idiot when you do the troll sh*t
    They call me the troll even though I back up my beliefs with facts and evidence while the only thing they can respond with is a one liner talking about penises.

let them post their crap, when i see it i smile because i know i won and they have nothing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by 7_cody
    You were far too extreme, it's not quite as extreme as you put it. But in a way, that kind if how he is, but with a MAJOR distinction

He is actually good enough to do that, whereas no one else is. No doubt that he wants to lead in PPG and be the man.

Unless you're better than Bryant, which you are not, you are going to be one of his role players. He is not always going to make the right decision, but he will entertain the hell out of the fans and make the wildest most difficult shots while hurting his efficiency.

This is all IMO btw, it's not like I know him personally
    The comparison was just to give people that play pickup a comparison about what its like to play with Kobe. Everyones played with someone like the kid I mentioned above. Kobe will make the shots at a higher clip than the kid in my example, but they are still bad shots.
    Last edited by TonyMontana; 06-28-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Honestly people are panicking too much.
    LA went 28-12 to end the year while still facing numerous injuries.
    If Dwight does decide to return, we will have one more crack at it. Hopefully this time we can have better luck with injuries.

Every single member of the team was injured this season, I have never seen such bad luck in my life.

Howard
    Gasol
    Nash
    Bryant
    Meeks
    Blake
    Jamison
    Hill
    Duhon
    World Peace
    Clark

All injured.
    I think only Ebanks and our precious cheerleader weren't injured, but I could be wrong.

Good High School Starter Nashty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    You're an absolute moron if you think those numbers prove anything.

Without context they are meaningless. Totally useless.

I'll add that besides the fact that the numbers are useless it's amazing you've decided to use numbers that only reflect a very small percentage of games to define a players entire career that's spanned 1,450+games over 17 years
    Quote Originally Posted by dh144498
    dumb nashty.

using a sample size 1/10th of the juxtaposition for comparisons.
    How come Kobe is the only superstar that was not missed that much through his entire career? Just look at other great players(besides Wilt who was also a terrible teammate). Their teams winning percentage dropped drastically when they were injured.

College superstar

They call me the troll even though I back up my beliefs with facts and evidence while the only thing they can respond with is a one liner talking about penises.

let them post their crap, when i see it i smile because i know i won and they have nothing to say.
    You're a shock poster. You post outlandish crap that no rational, non-delusional person would agree with. Just because you use selective "facts" to suit your agenda doesn't mean you aren't a troll.

Good High School Starter truhooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Kobe failed to adapt to the times, that whole I am the boss alpha male bullshit don't work well with team chemistry and success in the playoffs. He shoulda learned from Lebron/Wade, gotta let go of your ego and team up with people, be friendly.

Kobe run Shaq out of town after the guy gifted him 3 Rings, his personality was tolerated by ***** Beta Pau Gasoft and resulted in 2 rings, but now with Superteams you need to recruit and try to get along with other big ego stars. Kobe failed to do that with Howard, got a career ending injury trying to do it all himself to prove some moot point to his doubters and will now simply be remembered as an egomaniac with trust issues.
    +rep

Dunking on everybody in the park

Kobe did not run Shaq out of town... Actually Shaq("Im not doing babysitting") started the whole Kobe/Shaq feud... As Shaq grew older the Lakers focused on resigning the younger Kobe.

Kobe is not responsible of the 2004 finals... Fisher was injured, Malone injured, GPayton couldn't contain Billups... The only game they won was because Kobe went hero mode.

Players do not enjoy playing with Kobe... He is very competitive, he yells at teammates, neglects defense, takes bad shots... He is at times the Nightmare teammate.

Howard is not entirely responsible of this situation. He establish deep position into the post just to be ignored, oh course he is going to get mad... He wants touches, it seems like he wants to be the MAN, if he is willing to carry a contender and take a paycut then good for him, leave. No big deal.