Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned

Default Re: Sullinger & Melo to Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    OJ Mayo and Rajon Rondo that's a phuking squad right there.

great pick on Sullinger, he will be good a better Glen Davis.

But what's up with the Fab Melo pick, he is a sterotypical example of a guy who only made it to the NBA solely on size, and very little on skill.
    He will be every bit as bad as Hasheem Thabeet.

Perry Jones should have been the pick, but if yall can steal OJ Mayo then everything will be forgiven.
    Boston needed to stop ****ing around and draft much needed length. It was smart to take a project player with that sort of rebounding prowess and emphasis on defense, particularly when they already took a perceived "risk" drafting Sullinger. Drafting Jones would have given Celtics fans a heart attack. "Two players with medical red flags! " Odds are it would have panned out fine, but you never know.

In the wake of Green going down with his ailment, losing guys like Wilcox, Allen's bone spurs, Garnett's history with the knee(s)... Boston has had it's share of injury issues. Drafting two guys with injury histories, even though I still think they're overblown, probably wasn't on the front offices mind.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    Bilas said Sullinger is gonna be better than Big Baby
    why is that shocking? Dude was seriously the best offensive player (post or otherwise) the last 2 college seasons. If his back holds up, hes gonna be a great pickup next to a good defensive center

Local High School Star Bernie Nips's Avatar

I love how people think Big Baby was this machine for us. He played well, but he was a jumpshooter who got blocked 9 times out of 10 around the rim.

Sullinger's all about the post moves. Completely different players except for their size.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    why is that shocking? Dude was seriously the best offensive player (post or otherwise) the last 2 college seasons. If his back holds up, hes gonna be a great pickup next to a good defensive center
    But he bullied the competition, he would not be able to do that in the NBA, i don't think his game translates well, hope i'm wrong!

Banned

Big Baby Davis' entire career in Boston could be summed up with a storybook run in KG's place for the 2009 Playoffs, drawing lots of charges, this:

This:

And this:

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Nips
    I love how people think Big Baby was this machine for us. He played well, but he was a jumpshooter who got blocked 9 times out of 10 around the rim.

Sullinger's all about the post moves. Completely different players except for their size.
    how is sullinger be all about post moves when he will get rejected everytime.
    dude got shut down by anyone with a bit of length in college(ex. Josh Harrelson in tourny last year). that wont get better in the pros.

he better be working on that three point shot

Now we need to get Mcgee, Gordon or Mayo to the Celts, either Green or Bass can comeback and we'll be back at the ECF

^Baby's career in boston