Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Selling my house.

Went on the market yesterday morning. Had 5 showings and two offers yesterday afternoon. One guy offered me 3% below list price. I'm inclined to take it but considering it's been on the market less than a day, I may hold off.

Honestly I'm just kind of over it, and either way, I'll be pocketing over $30k after all is said and done.

Wife wants list price though, so... how do I politely tell her she's stupid?

Default Re: Selling my house.

If you had five showings and two offers on the FIRST DAY then you

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

I wanna sell my condo. Bought for $250K 11 years ago. It's assessed at $615K now. I got a ton of equity in it. Housing market is kind of at a stand still here in Vancouver though. I might just use that equity to buy another property and use as a mortgage helper.

How's the market there?

[QUOTE=Shogon]If you had five showings and two offers on the FIRST DAY then you

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Do you trust your realtor?

If so ask them what they think. They should know the market very well. Be careful though. It's a highly unregulated industry and a lot of realtors just push you to close the deal regardless if its good for you or not, because a quick turnaround on a property is always a good deal for them.

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    I wanna sell my condo. Bought for $250K 11 years ago. It's assessed at $615K now. I got a ton of equity in it. Housing market is kind of at a stand still here in Vancouver though. I might just use that equity to buy another property and use as a mortgage helper.

How's the market there?
    Fire.

I had requests for showings less than 20 minutes of it being listed. Have a 6th showing today (2nd viewing for someone who looked yesterday) and a 7th showing scheduled for tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Fire.

I had requests for showings less than 20 minutes of it being listed. Have a 6th showing today (2nd viewing for someone who looked yesterday) and a 7th showing scheduled for tomorrow morning.
    Sell it at list price or closer than your first offer, bro people are interested in buying your house, what's the rush? You gotta think like a Jew (no offense), don't look at it as pocketing 30k, look at it like they do that you're leaving thousands on the table

Hold up a few weeks, if that many people are interested in your house, surely someone will offer the list price or close to it.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Getting a divorce?

Your wife sounds very mean and hard to deal with.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

[QUOTE=Shogon]If you had five showings and two offers on the FIRST DAY then you

I'm in the same housing market as you and sold my house in March. Had easily 10 showings in the first couple days. 6 offers came from those showings. Two people got in a bidding war and actually offered me $11K over asking price.

Be patient. Accept any and all showings on your house and you should receive a decent offer.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Getting a divorce?

Your wife sounds very mean and hard to deal with.
    Her father is a Jew.

Thus, why she wants to squeeze every dollar out of it.

Looking to invest into a condo and rent it out, but idk. By September I'll have $100k in excess unused cash. Idk wtf to do with it. I don't want to be so liquid. I have it in a savings collecting $148-160 a month but that ain't shit.

Give it 7 to 10 days. Be patient.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Looking to invest into a condo and rent it out, but idk. By September I'll have $100k in excess unused cash. Idk wtf to do with it. I don't want to be so liquid. I have it in a savings collecting $148-160 a month but that ain't shit.
    It all depends on your market but I wouldn't feel the need to rush out and buy an investment property ASAP. There's very little chance home prices will rise significantly next year but there's a much better chance they will cool down next year. If the economy takes a hit and home prices see a definite downward trend, the more panicky home investors will start unloading properties causing a glut in the market bringing down home values even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Check out betterment.com. Put a fraction of it there and let it grow.. Up to you how much - maybe a third or half or something not too crazy. You don't have to touch it for a decade and just let it grow. I don't have that sort of money but if I had 1/10 of that in cash sitting around in bank, I would use betterment.