Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: San Antonio Spurs: For Old Time Sake | 2k13 Association

Actually I lied, I'm not going to play the Nuggets game, or any other regular season games. Sorry

Spurs @ Nuggets - L
    Spurs vs. Kings - W
    Spurs @ Lakers - L
    Spurs @ Warriors - W
    Spurs vs. Wolves - W

Finished season 63-19.

Going to update stuff on the front page before finishing simulating the day, then I'll cover seasonal awards and etc.

Posted the bracket, as well as all of the NBA regular season awards. so PLEASE read the front page stuff.

i will make first round playoff preview however you cant access previous season results because this game is designed really badly so i wont be able to mention the season series unfortunately and i'll be working with very little information.

Series-by-Series First Round Matchups Preview

Western Conference:
    1. San Antonio Spurs vs. 8. Sacramento Kings
    The team that held number one in the West for practically all of the season against the team that barely slipped in by the end. I honestly can't give the Kings even one win. It's playoff time in San Antonio and with the Big Three still looking sharp, I see San Antonio sweeping this series. However, so this preview isn't boring, I'll throw two storylines in for this series. The first is the battle between DeMarcus Cousins and Greg Monroe. Just two draft picks apart in the 2010 draft, these two bigs are some of the brightest at the center position, with similar numbers. Cousins averaged 15.3ppg, 8.8rpg, and 1.3bpg, while Monroe averaged 14.7ppg, 8.6rpg, and 0.9bpg. Seeing these two guys go at it could very well be the best thing this series has to offer. The second storyline is Tony Parker. Averaging 20.1ppg and 5.4apg on the season, people assumed Parker could slip into an All-NBA team this year. It's very arguable he should have made it over one of Curry (3rd team), Irving (2nd team), or Ellis (3rd team). Tony may feel that extra edge due to the "snub" and take it all out on the Kings.

Fun Fact: Of the 29 other teams in the NBA, Tony Parker averaged his least number of PPG against the Kings, and his highest number of APG. Although 3 games is a small sample size, it's an interesting thing to note.

Important Note: Marcus Thornton is expected to be out another 1-2 weeks with a seperated shoulder.

Prediction: Spurs win over Kings 4-0

4. Denver Nuggets vs. 5. Los Angeles Clippers
    It felt like just yesterday I was raving about how the Clippers are the biggest disappointment of the season, and it really wasn't too long ago. They shot up to the 5th seed late in the season. With Caron Butler a definite "no" for the remainder of the playoffs, and DeAndre Jordan still suffering from a Strained Hamstring, the Clippers haven't caught a break from the injury bug all season. Chris Paul was only able to play 54 games all season, and he should hope to make up for it in this first round. Kosta Koufos tore his MCL late in the season, which was a big shame for the Nuggets, as he had solidified himself as the starting C for the team. However McGee seems to have replaced him nicely (averaging 12.3ppg and 7.0rpg in the month of April) and this may not be as big of a factor as Butler's Torn MCL. The home court advantage is what pushes the Nuggets over for me in the series, however I would not be surprised if Chris Paul made me call this one wrong.

Prediction: Nuggets win over Clippers 4-3.

3. Los Angeles Lakers vs. 6. Portland Trail Blazers
    The Lakers are one of the hottest teams coming into the post season, getting their 10th straight win in their final game (vs. Rockets) of the season. Portland's youth, energy, and Rose Garden provides a hindrance for L.A., however it looks like Kobe and co. are peaking at the right time. Plus, everyone is healthy. Watch for the Lillard/Bryant match-up, which will surely be entertaining, however I don't see Portland pulling the upset.

Prediction: Lakers win over Trail Blazers 4-1.

2. Oklahoma City Thunder vs. 7. Dallas Mavericks
    This match-up could be very interesting (especially for a 2-7) if it wasn't for the fact that Dirk Nowitzki is still suffering from a Strained MCL. Although he's listed as day-to-day, every game he's absent from in this series will kill the Mavericks. Not to mention, the Thunder are my pick to take the West (more on that as the playoffs roll on) and I think they'll have no problem handling the Mavs. The off-season additions were nice, Dallas, but you were dealt a rough hand in the first round.

Prediction: Thunder win over Mavericks 4-0.

Eastern Conference:
    1. Miami Heat vs. 8. Atlanta Hawks
    At first glance of the Hawks roster, you might think an 8th seed in the East is pretty peculiar. Be that as it may, this match up will be a tough one to watch if you're a Hawks fan (or a Heat hater, which is far more likely). Jeff Teague, Josh Smith, and Ivan Johnson are all expected to miss this series at least with a variety of injuries. Although the team is still solid even in the absence of them, solid won't cut it against the defending champs. It'll take unbelievable play from Horford, Williams, and whoever else decides to show up combined with horrendous play from the Heat's Big Three.

Prediction: Heat win over Hawks 4-0.

4. Brooklyn Nets vs. 5. Boston Celtics
    Coming off of his worst statistical season since his rookie year, Rajon Rondo, the man Boston hoped to be their future post Big Three (man, how many big threes are there?) has a lot of explaining to do. He should hope to get the chance to explain how the Celtics beat the Nets, but it'll be tough. I feel as though both of these teams have had big underperformers and injury issues through the season, so seeing them match up in the first round is quite interesting. For the sake of having a lower seed win a series, I'll put my faith in the more experienced Celtics. My confidence in this pick is lower than Rondo's three point percentage.

Prediction: Celtics win over Nets 4-3.

3. New York Knicks vs. 6. Philadelphia 76ers
    New York is a 3 seed while they pay a guy $65.10 million to cheerlead. Having the league's best scorer in Carmelo Anthony helps, but I can honestly say that this team impressed me this year. If it wasn't for the fact that Andrew Bynum can't spell or stay healthy, I'd honestly edge the 76ers over the Knicks. I have confidence in Carmelo and/or J.R. not shooting the lights out for 7 straight games, and with a frontcourt older than their last championship, the Knicks would be prone to getting dominated by Bynum. Andrew is expected to miss another 2-4 weeks with a broken finger, which is really a shame. I can't see the 76ers in this state defeat the Knicks, and Carmelo is a man on a mission.

Prediction: Knicks win over 76ers 4-2.

2. Chicago Bulls vs. 7. Milwaukee Bucks
    Monta Ellis may have it all, but the Bulls know how to stop it all. This series will simply be a case of defense over offense (especially with the Bucks not having Brandon Jennings...wait...maybe that'll be a good thing). Derrick Rose didn't quite have an MVP-caliber season (20.6ppg, 5.8apg, 4.5rpg in 76 games), but he'll be feeling the same pain Tony Parker feels not being on an All-NBA team. Eyeing up one of the guys who beat him (Ellis), I think Rose will play it up in the playoffs. If Larry Sanders constantly denies Rose at the rim and shots are falling, the Bucks may do better than what I'm giving them credit for.

Prediction: Bulls win over Bucks 4-1.

After the first round look for my article recapping what I got right/wrong and why, and then look forward to my second round preview. Enjoy NBA basketball!

Get hyped! It's playoff time!

POTG: Manu Ginobili

Recap:
    The San Antonio Spurs sent a message to the Sacramento Kings, and the other 14 teams in the playoffs with a 101-65 blowout in game 1.

Manu Ginobili led the way for the Spurs with 22 points and 5 rebounds on 9-13 shooting from the field.

"We've been very well rested heading in to today and I think that showed. We can't take them lightly just because of a big win, and we'll come just as hard next game as we came today." Ginobili said post-game.

Tyreke Evans did his best to shoulder the load for the Kings (19 points, 5 rebounds 8-16 from the field) however he was their only true bright light. An especially large problem for the Kings was DeMarcus Cousins. Matched up against Greg Monroe, not only did he only score 5 points and grab 3 boards on 1-6 from the field, but he gave up 20 points, 6 rebounds, and 2 blocks (7-9 fg) to Monroe.

San Antonio's balanced and high percentage attack will need to be addressed in the remaining games of this series. However the Kings aren't the strongest defensive team in the NBA so they'll most likely have to try to match the Spurs offensively.

Game 2 will be playing in San Antonio on April 21.

I wont do a game preview for each game in this series, unless things get closer than I'm expecting...

I fully plan on dong game 2 today and potentially game 3, so expect that.

POTG: Tony Parker

Recap:
    The San Antonio Spurs defeated the Sacramento Kings 101-86 to bring them up 2-0 in the best of 7 series.

Tony Parker led the way with 26 points and 6 assists.

"They played a good game and fought very hard but down the stretch our execution on both ends of the floor was superior." Parker said post-game.

Isaiah Thomas played his heart out for the Kings, scoring 30 points (6-8 three pointers), and adding on 5 assists and 3 steals. However like game one, the Kings top contributor was relatively alone, and there was not enough contribution from any one else.

The Spurs won the rebounding battle and that played into their hand for the victory. Tim Duncan led the game with 12 rebounds.

Game 3 will bring both teams to Sacramento, where the Kings will hope to win their first game of the series.

jesus what a blowout, just rest the starters

^ Haha. I thought about resting them but it seemed too unrealistic

I actually played game 3 yesterday but for some reason I forgot to post it all up. I'll have to do that some time later today.

I should hopefully have game 4 done today as well.

POTG: Greg Monroe

Recap:
    A popular saying in the game of basketball is "live and die by the three". When the San Antonio Spurs defeated the Sacramento Kings 93-86 and went up 3-0 in the first-round series, that popular saying couldn't be any more true.

Despite the fact that the Spurs shot a poor 47% from the field (compared to the 51% of the Kings), their 5-10 shooting from three was what did it for them. That combined with Sacramento's 3-12 from beyond the arc.

San Antonio saw no standout performance from any one player. Although Greg Monroe was named player of the game, his 15 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 blocks on 41% from the field was nothing compared to the individual performances the Spurs saw from Ginobili and Parker in games 1 and 2.

Monroe didn't even win his positional battle when looking purely at the stats. DeMarcus Cousins had 18 points, 11 rebounds, and 2 blocks on 50% from the field.

Stephen Jackson had one of his best games of the season coming off of the bench. He scored 14 points on 5-8 shooting to lead San Antonio's bench to outscore Sacramento's 30-19.

"I gotta go out there and get mine when I'm called on. Tonight I did what was needed of me and now we're in a great position." Jackson said post-game.

If Sacramento didn't feel the pressure of facing the number 1 seed before, they surely will now being down 0-3 in the series. Game 4 is set for April 25 in Sacramento.

POTG: Greg Monroe

Recap:
    How do you come back after getting outscored 35-15 in the first quarter? Well if you ask the Sacramento Kings, they won't have the answer. They were knocked out of the playoffs following the 96-70 loss to the San Antonio Spurs.

The Spurs completed the sweep thanks to two players in particular: Greg Monroe and Tyreke Evans.

Greg Monroe gave the Spurs a game high 18 points and 12 rebounds on 57% from the field (much better than his 41% from the previous night) to aid the victory.

Tyreke Evans gave the Kings 9 points and 7 rebounds on 2-12 from the field (1-5 from 3) to aid the San Antonio Spurs victory.

"I wasn't too happy with my play the other night despite being named player of the game, so tonight to get the same honor in the last game of the sweep and play better really did it for me." Monroe said post-game.

Surely all the blame doesn't fall on Tyreke's shoulders. This series was a case of the experienced one seed crushing the inexperienced eight seed.

Like most blowout victories, the Spurs saw the better end of many aspects of the game. Fast break points (20 to 10), points in the paint (50 to 26), and bench points (25 to 17) brought the Spurs straight to the top.

The Spurs will enjoy some rest back in San Antonio, where they will await the winner of the Nuggets-Clippers series, a series currently tied up at 2-2.

The brooms are brought out in Sacramento!

I will write a recap of the first round/preview of the second. Chances are it'll be cut a tad short as I don't want to write up too too much. I hope to play the first game in the next series today as I don't have much to do but after that writing combined with the writing I'm about to do I don't know if I'll have it in me to put that much time into this today. We'll see.

First Round Recap:

Spurs vs. Kings
    What I predicted: Spurs 4-0
    What happened: Spurs 4-0

Not much to say here. I actually watched all of the games in this series just because of the Cousins-Monroe match up. I was not disappointed with that as both players played quite equally and showed that they are the future. However everything else was rather lackluster.

Nuggets vs. Clippers
    What I predicted: Nuggets 4-3
    What happened: Nuggets 4-3

Alright! 2 for 2 baby! I love back and forth basketball like this and what I caught of these games was so worth it. Blake Griffin shone in every game but game 3, but I was left with something to be desired for the rest of the team

Second Round Preview:

Eastern Conference:
    San Antonio Spurs vs. Denver Nuggets

I feel as though the best way to describe this series is that the Denver Nuggets are good and deep, but the San Antonio Spurs are better and deeper. The Nuggets will need to force turnovers and be very efficient on the break, while denying either the Spurs inside or outside game. I think Denver

Warriors didnt make the playoffs