Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: Could homecourt be the deciding factor between a Miami and Indiana conference finals?

Deciding factor: Miami having LeBron James

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Default Re: Could homecourt be the deciding factor between a Miami and Indiana conference finals?

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    At the beginning of the season, I would say yes. Now, I say no. I feel like the Pacers will win regardless but it will be easier with HCA. If they don't have it, I think they'll win in 6. I definitely feel they will win the first game. I just feel this team is improved and unlike some of these trolls, I see every game and watch my team objectively. I just feel we need to take care of the ball honestly. I also watch a lot of Heat games.
    You think Indiana will win in 6 without home court advantage? That's a long shot at best. What makes you think they will take care of the ball? They have yet to prove they can do it consistently against Miami.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

At the beginning of the season, I would say yes. Now, I say no. I feel like the Pacers will win regardless but it will be easier with HCA. If they don't have it, I think they'll win in 6. I definitely feel they will win the first game. I just feel this team is improved and unlike some of these trolls, I see every game and watch my team objectively. I just feel we need to take care of the ball honestly. I also watch a lot of Heat games.

I don't think Indy has a chance without HCA. They got better, but Bosh also played crap/Wade was hurt and they still won. If they get consistent production from those two, than Miami rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    I don't think Indy has a chance without HCA. They got better, but Bosh also played crap/Wade was hurt and they still won. If they get consistent production from those two, than Miami rolls.
    That doesn't mean much considering in all likelihood, he'll be in even worse shape by this season's conference finals. And Bosh's shitty play wasn't an anomaly. He just flat out isn't the kind of guy you want go head to head with West and Hibbert.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    You think Indiana will win in 6 without home court advantage? That's a long shot at best. What makes you think they will take care of the ball? They have yet to prove they can do it consistently against Miami.
    Everyone agreed they needed to improve 3 things to beat Miami, turnovers and more consistent scoring and a better bench. They did all that and more. This is not the same team with George Hill being the primary ballhandler...Lance, PG, and now Evan Turner all handle the ball and are mostly responsible for feeding the post. Last year, the Heat fronted the post and we had trouble getting it inside. That is not the case this year. If the Heat sag in the post then we'll just pull for an open jumper. I have faith that Lance and PG can hit enough outside shots and Lance doesn't even have to take the shot, he can penetrate and create. I don't know how much Pacers you guys have watched this year but they get more easy baskets because Lance pushes the ball and penetrates in the half court. This is just not the same team.

They don't play the same, the players are not playing the same roles as last year, they are deeper, they are a better overall team than Miami to me. They have confidence through the roof. They won't be thrown off their game if they get behind. They have more offensive and defensive threats for that matter. Miami has Lebron and he's always the X factor. If he dominates, Miami wins. If he doesn't, they lose. I don't care about Wade, Bosh, Chalmers as X factors as far as Miami goes. All I really care about is not letting Lebron dominate.

I don't really care how well either team is playing right now. I watch Miami a ton also because they are the team we must beat. I feel from watching both teams, we are a better team if we face them. Thats just how I feel this year. PG may be as overrated as everyone says he is but he's a better player, and in a different role than when he faced Lebron last year. Bird has given him the green light, the players have confidence in him as the best player on the team and I think he'll approach the playoffs this year with that attitude like he has all year. Last year, he was just kinda stepping into that spotlight and played well in a few games. This year I feel he will play much better throughout the playoffs.

Yes, if they don't have HCA, then they'll have to win in 6 which I feel they can do. Why can't they? They can win 1 of the first 2 games. Come home and win 2, lose in Miami and then win game 6 here. They could also lose in 5 without HCA if they're not careful but I don't see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    That doesn't mean much considering in all likelihood, he'll be in even worse shape by this season's conference finals. And Bosh's shitty play wasn't an anomaly. He just flat out isn't the kind of guy you want go head to head with West and Hibbert.
    What likelihood? Heat have been taking precautions to avoid that this year, so how could he possibly turn out in 'worse shape.' Bosh playing that shit is an obvious aberration; this season he could stand in the corner shooting 3's the whole series and still contribute far more.

Can't see Indy winning regardless of HCA: they've been going balls to the wall all season, while the Heat have been taking it pretty easy, and Miami is still only 1 game behind

Well yea, it could.

However, both teams can win on the road.

None the less Heat will finish with the Nr. Record Beat the Pacers regardless of that, and roll on to the 3-Peat

College superstar

Wade's health > HCA.

If Wade is healthy they could play every game of the series in Indy and Miami would still win. If he isn't they are in TROUBLE.

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    Don't think so. Pacers team this year is built from top to bottom to beat Miami. I see them like the 90s Bulls. It doesn't matter whether they or the opponent has homecourt... they are going to beat you regardless of location.

Pacers team last year lost because Heat had the better team + game 7 homecourt. This year, the Pacers have the better team + homecourt. I just don't see them losing to Miami barring any major injuries.
    So the Pacers are the most stacked team in NBA History?

Banned

They are barely winning against top teams in the league.

Lol @ a couple...I could name 10 dudes off the top of my head on here who do NOTHING but hate on Hibbert and PG like they are Shaq and Kobe or something, lol.....How the f*ck am I NOT objective? You're right, PG and every Pacer player has been constantly ridiculed and called overrated, Roy Hibbert is overrated and gets away with everything, PG is overrated, West is overrated and fake, George Hill is trash, Lance is a POS, blah, blah....Don't act like this isn't constantly posted on this forum...When I say objective, you know damn well I"m objective when it comes to BREAKING DOWN THE GAMES and dissecting the player's games...Have I not CONSTANTLY explained PG"s weaknesses? You have NEVER seen me on here kissing that dudes azz or anybody on this team's azz...being a blind homer in game threads like Knicks fans were last year...Please, I'm one of the most objective fans on this site full of nothing but girls, haters and stans and few folks who actually know basketball....

But haters like to hang onto one thing...Who gives a damn if they got blown out in game 7? Of course they were close. What math are you using? Both teams won at least 3 games and a few of them could have gone the other way...And who cares? Many good teams get blown out in a game 7 to come back next year and get over the hump...Everybody goes through it including Lebron so I don't see the point...What would you suggest? Them not to take pride in playing Miami tough and come out uninspired like the Knicks?

They're supposed to be confident and why not. Everyone kisses Miami's azz like they are unbeatable...Hell, if I weren't a Pacer fan, I would still hope somebody kicks Miami's azz....

A lot of fans of teams like the Bulls and Knicks seem to hate on the Pacers the most....I guess because they wish their teams were in the position the Pacers are with most people knowing the Pacers have the best shot...

Matter of fact, I PURPOSELY ignore most of the threads started involving the Pacers because I already know its a big circle jerking, Lebron stan, hatefest....And for what reason? The Pacers have never won anything anyway

This year, I feel the Pacers are the better team and will the series. Is that a crime? Last year, I didn't feel like that and if you don't believe me, feel free to look up some of my old posts on the subject where I consistently said the Pacers would lose in 6 last year.
    you are fully delusional if you think pacers receive 10% of the hate current heat/lebron or kobe received when shaq left. If you are bothered by that much hate then you are really soft.
    given wade's maintenance program, i wouldn't be shocked that heat win the series in 6.
    Anyways, hating a team for winning is a stupid anyways. Hating a fanbase that takes taking the other team to game 7 where they got blown the f out is hate worthy though. You'd be hated more if pacers were actually relevant even to their own fans let alone outside of indiana.

Indy won't win 3 games this time. 2 max.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    you are fully delusional if you think pacers receive 10% of the hate current heat/lebron or kobe received when shaq left. If you are bothered by that much hate then you are really soft.
    given wade's maintenance program, i wouldn't be shocked that heat win the series in 6.
    Anyways, hating a team for winning is a stupid anyways. Hating a fanbase that takes taking the other team to game 7 where they got blown the f out is hate worthy though. You'd be hated more if pacers were actually relevant even to their own fans let alone outside of indiana.
    No point in going back and forth with you. I know what I read on this forum and its tons of Pacer hating. Period. See you in the playoffs.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    I see the homecourt advantage favouring the Pacers, this will be a very tough series for the Heat, Pacers in 6 or 7.
    Funny how he says that but now claims that the Pacers are trash when they lose to the Heat