Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: should dwyane wades resurection/take over/heat streak cost lebron mvp?

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    how about 2011? Rose won even though Lebron was clearly better than him. And there was only a difference of 4 games won/lost between the Bulls and Heat.
    Because historically part of the criteria for winning MVP is preseason expectations.

Nobody had the Bulls winning over 60 and Rose made the leap as a player. So the narrative became...Rose leading a team with much less talent than the Heat to a better record.

Based on the history of the award, it fit...but at the same time, it was also clear that Lebron was a much better player.

This year, the Thunder and Durant aren't doing enough to trump the simple fact that everyone pretty much agrees Lebron is the best player in the game. So if Lebron is definitely the best, his team is performing better, and his team is on a historic win streak after Lebron set records for his 60% shooting etc...

I just don't see how Durant is MVP.

Default Re: should dwyane wades resurection/take over/heat streak cost lebron mvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    ...Forget 70 games, they won't even win 60 games ...
    I won't argue any LeBron vs. ... because trolls will never change their mind about whomever they hate, but I couldn't believe you said this when I read it. You think the Heat won't win 60? You don't think they'll go at the WORST 10-8? Are you seriously that blinded by hate?

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    This.. Plenty of years prime Wade lead heat were a 40 win team. I think without lebron Bosh averages 20 but they are 45-50 win team max.. Lebron is that good and does it all for Heat. Same reason Cavs were a top team as well. He is the straw that stirs drink.
    Try again. The teams you are referring to, 09 and 10, won 43 and 47 games, respectively. In 09, for most of the season, it was:

Chalmers (rookie)/ Wade/ Marion/ Haslem/ Anthony

And in 2010, it was: Arroyo/Wade/Richardson/Beasley/JO

Wade would have killed for LeBron's cast in either of those two seasons, especially 2010. There's not a Heat rotation player outside of Wade in those two seasons who would've started for those Cavs teams, most of them wouldn't get any PT, and some of them wouldn't make the team. LeBron hasn't had a team that bad since he was leading Jeff McInnes and co. to the lottery his first two years.

And you're telling me that you don't think 2013 Wade, who by most accounts has returned to at least 2011 form, couldn't take a team to more wins than that with the addition of a 2nd tier superstar, much more interior size, more perimeter shooting and defenders, and the maturation of the few players from those years who are still around, such as Chalmers.

This is why you shouldn't try to comment knowledgeably about the pre-2011 Heat when (I strongly suspect) you only started paying attention to them after that.

Rose won in 2011 because he had less talent on his team but ended up winning more games. Lebron wasn't really adding anything to the Heat in the 2011 regular season with Wade on the team. They were so similar that neither of them had major value when the other was on the floor. It was just a weird situation not really a knock on Lebrons game but Rose was clearly more valuable to his team than Lebron.