Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Default Re: Why LeBron is (maybe) the best player in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    2007 Spurs in the Finals

2008 Celtics

2010 Celtics

I wonder how Lebron did in those series.

If that's the case, then hold other players to the same standard.

It amazes me how when LeBron has a bad shooting game, you guys disregard the other things he did in the game. When Kobe has a bad shooting game, you can't stop talking about how many boards or assists he dished out.

No player is going to play well in every playoff game or series. It's hard to find a game where LeBron doesn't contribute in some way; most of the games he shot poorly, he dominated in other facets (this is a theme with LeBron not only in the playoffs, but the regular season. His bad shooting games also come equipped with near triple doubles).

You would think getting past Detroit to even meet the Spurs in the finals after one of the greatest performances in playoff history would put an end to this claim but no such luck.

BallOut, why don't you do us a favor and post the top players in the NBA's numbers in the regular season vs the post season.

HeatFan since Decision

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    would you prefer the ball to be in Mo "I choke whenever playoffs start" Williams hands? Please elaborate how his scrub supporting cast would have done better by having the ball in their hands more...
    I meant if he looked to get his players going during the regular season, then the scrubs would actually look to do something with the ball, instead of just passing it right back to LeBron.

It was just an ongoing cycle.

LeBron would only give up the ball when he lost his dribble. At that point he would pass to the closest man, and the player wouldn't know what to do with it, because THEIR ENTIRE FUCKING OFFENSE ONLY WENT THROUGH LEBRON.

HeatFan since Decision

Quote Originally Posted by LeFraud Shames
    I meant if he looked to get his players going during the regular season, then the scrubs would actually look to do something with the ball, instead of just passing it right back to LeBron.

It was just an ongoing cycle.

LeBron would only give up the ball when he lost his dribble. At that point he would pass to the closest man, and the player wouldn't know what to do with it, because THEIR ENTIRE FUCKING OFFENSE ONLY WENT THROUGH LEBRON.
    And I'm not just saying this because I despise LeBron James and all he stands for.

I'm just stating the facts. One player can't win it all by himself.

Look at Kobe after Shaq left.
    He spent the prime of his career chasing the impossible championship, all by his lonesome nonetheless.

He finally got a reliable second option in Pau, and that's all she wrote.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    No, there's a guy on the same team who's pretty damn close. There are quite a few nights when he looks better in fact.
    Naw. It's easily LBJ.

LeBron averaged 26\8\7 45% vs Boston Last year in the playoffs

in 2008 he averaged 25\7\7 on 46% vs Boston.

If those are "shut down" series for Bron, then Kobe must of been shut down a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee

If those are "shut down" series for Bron, then Kobe must of been shut down a lot more.
    Nevermind alot more, those have been Kobe's regular season numbers (with the exception of ast/reb) the past two or so seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Nevermind alot more, those have been Kobe's regular season numbers (with the exception of ast/reb) the past two or so seasons.
    No hate intended for Kobe, but those who nag on LeBron's playoff numbers outside of the Spurs series, are foolish.

I still believe that Wade is the best playoff performer in the NBA.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Naw. It's easily LBJ.
    That same guy has the best Finals performance in NBA history. LBJ has never won a game in the Finals.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee

I usually defend Lebron, but I have to point out that e actually shot 36% vs Boston in '08 and averaged 5.3 turnovers per game.

And last year, the final numbers aren't really an accurate representation of his performance in the Boston series, because him having 3 poor games in a row to end the series makets it hard for me to look at the final numbers and judge his performance that way.

In those last 3 games.he averaged 21.3 ppg, 11.3 rpg and 8.3 apg, but he shot 34% from the field, 15.4% on 3s(2/13) and he averaged 6.3 turnovers.

Really, the problem with the Boston series is that he had 2 great games(1 and 3), both of which Cleveland won and then 4 other games that ranged from mediocre to horrible, all of which, Cleveland lost.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    I usually defend Lebron, but I have to point out that e actually shot 36% vs Boston in '08 and averaged 5.3 turnovers per game.

And last year, the final numbers aren't really an accurate representation of his performance in the Boston series, because him having 3 poor games in a row to end the series makets it hard for me to look at the final numbers and judge his performance that way.

In those last 3 games.he averaged 21.3 ppg, 11.3 rpg and 8.3 apg, but he shot 34% from the field, 15.4% on 3s(2/13) and he averaged 6.3 turnovers.

Really, the problem with the Boston series is that he had 2 great games(1 and 3), both of which Cleveland won and then 4 other games that ranged from mediocre to horrible, all of which, Cleveland lost.

yea. you just have to mention that same stuff for 08. lebron started off the series with a few horrid games and then actually played really well in the last three games of that series against the celtics and that great game 7.

also have to mention lebron's great defense that seems to never be mentioned on here. lebron absolutely destroyed pierce last year in that series on defense. just completely shut him down. that is why i don't think his overall play was as bad as people make it out to be.

factor in the help he gets from his team as well and his play becomes even better in my opinion.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    yea. you just have to mention that same stuff for 08. lebron started off the series with a few horrid games and then actually played really well in the last three games of that series against the celtics and that great game 7.

also have to mention lebron's great defense that seems to never be mentioned on here. lebron absolutely destroyed pierce last year in that series on defense. just completely shut him down. that is why i don't think his overall play was as bad as people make it out to be.

factor in the help he gets from his team as well and his play becomes even better in my opinion.

True. When Rondo and KG had ball in their hands last year I was scared. Or when Ray shot those open 3s I was scared. But I cant say the same for Pierce....

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234

You're absolutely right, 36% not 46%, that is my fault.

This just showed however that Cleveland outside of LeBron was dominated by Boston in the playoffs as well. I mean Garnett had a feast on Jamison.

Local High School Star

but hey atleast Lebron knows that when he plays like crap, he can rack up useless assists and rebounds so when stupid fans look back at his numbers they can say that he did well.

Wade and Bryant have always been better playoff performers. You don't need numbers to tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311

I know, right? More you think about it and more you factor things in, it really seems as if our eyes were lying to us when we watched those six games, witnessing Lebron quitting & stat padding at the same time.