Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: Chris Nolan / Zack Snyder "MAN OF STEEL"

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    I love the Illuminati / Secret Society sub text.

That Alan Moore, he's a genius.

The book is better, though.
    yeah I know most fans of the comic/graphic novel aren't big fans of the film...that's just because movies never get all the details right that fanboys love so much

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Watchmen was one of kind, and while this Superman flick might be great, it's still in the same mold as every other Super hero movie

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    First Class was okay. Good in parts, but apart from Fassenberg it was whatever. Kevin Bacon as the villain was ridiculous. Un-intentionally funny, too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyw8973Ql30

Fassbender was the perfect Mangeto. Dude is like the James Bond of villians. I agree that other than his character, the movie was (just) OK.

@Money

So do you feel The Dark Knight Rises was a disappointment as well with the implausible plot and turn of events? Because it had as many unrealistic, silly moments as those Marvel movies. Compared to TDK, it wasn't as well constructed. Joker played chess while Bane was on checkers. The movie was a real letdown due to all the facepalm worthy events.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQJuGeqdbn4

Real Men watch CBM

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Rose
    Ehh.

Not bad but not impressed.

Superman movies becoming too Emo.
    HOW DARE YOU!!!!

As a DC Fanboy, I say that your opinion does not count!

I will go ahead and break down every single one of your sentences and tell you why you are WRONG using my fanboy knowledge of comicbooks!

Ehh.
    Ehh is not even a word in the dictionary! You must have low brain cells for writing something that does not exist!

Not bad but not impressed.
    Not impressed!!?? Did you just see a man in blue spandex flying? And you're not impressed? Who are you? Chris Angel? Normal people who sees a man flying in the air will naturally be impressed, hence you are not normal.

Superman movies becoming too Emo.
    Superman is NOT Emo! Maybe Clark Kent, but Superman is not! Superman maybe a voyeur (See Superman Returns movie i.e. Lois Lane apartment scene) but Emo he is not. In fact, the more Emo Superman becomes, the less emo he is. Superman Birthright and Superman Origins show that Superman has human roots!

People like you who don't like this trailer should zip it, or I will breakdown your comments once again! This is the greatest trailer ever made! This is also the greatest movie ever made even if I haven't seen it yet! People like yourself aren't entitled to an opinion! If you think it's emo then you're just a Marvel fan!

Yep, Watchmen was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan-esque
    HOW DARE YOU!!!! ...

Am I the only one that loves the color of the trailer?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan-esque
    HOW DARE YOU!!!!

As a DC Fanboy, I say that your opinion does not count!

I will go ahead and break down every single one of your sentences and tell you why you are WRONG using my fanboy knowledge of comicbooks!

Ehh is not even a word in the dictionary! You must have low brain cells for writing something that does not exist!

Not impressed!!?? Did you just see a man in blue spandex flying? And you're not impressed? Who are you? Chris Angel? Normal people who sees a man flying in the air will naturally be impressed, hence you are not normal.

Superman is NOT Emo! Maybe Clark Kent, but Superman is not! Superman maybe a voyeur (See Superman Returns movie i.e. Lois Lane apartment scene) but Emo he is not. In fact, the more Emo Superman becomes, the less emo he is. Superman Birthright and Superman Origins show that Superman has human roots!

People like you who don't like this trailer should zip it, or I will breakdown your comments once again! This is the greatest trailer ever made! This is also the greatest movie ever made even if I haven't seen it yet! People like yourself aren't entitled to an opinion! If you think it's emo then you're just a Marvel fan!

I don't know why there are some fans whom are butthurt about a person's opinion that they'd feel they have to give a sermon telling why they're wrong.

That said, I still think this movie is too Emo.

Samurai Swoosh

@Graviton

The Dark Knight Rises wasn't as tight as it's predecessor, so in that regards I guess it's a disappointment. But I didn't expect it to be as great as that film.

Few films are that caliber. TDK Rises didn't have near the amount of silly moments as the Marvel films. Hell, the concept of Thor in of itself is beyond silly. Him and his not so subtle gay, sexually repressed brother.

You freely admit yourself that you follow RT scores. Rises got a very high 80% ranking, no?

All movies have what can be considered plot holes. ALL OF THEM. You can comb over with a fine tooth comb and find SOMETHING in every film. It's about the suspension of disbelief in order to tell the story at hand.

Nolan's films far exceed doing this compared to the Marvel Studio counterparts. You actually agreed with me about this ... that's why they are easily the elite films in the genre.

Bane plays his version of chess as well. Dude executed his entire plan, broke the protagonist physically, before being stopped at the last moment.

A lot of the issues raised in the "honest trailer" review can be explained, some facts they got down right wrong, or issues that can be explained with simple logic.

One of the complaints in that "honest trailer" was literally that Bruce Wayne had a depression beard. Can't you articulate your own issues with the movie, without giving a youtube link to a video channel whose entire purpose is to make people laugh?

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Reading some of these threads reminds me that I am in fact a comic geek.

Either that or I'm not picking up on some sarcasm by you guys.

To the Watchmen movie I am not a fan of the GN really. Like I understand that it's good, and why it's good but I wasn't really enjoying it. I personally thought the movie was alright. There were some good and even great moments but it never really did enough to stay above decent for me.

@Money

I would type my issues instead of the video, but my PS3 allows limited sentences. In short...

Yes, Bane had a plan but it was all on Talia's orders, he was just a goon. When Bruce got out of the hole and faced him, Banewas shocked at how his brilliant plan failed. Joker strategized 50 steps ahead and even in the end he won, he corrupted Harvey, forced Batman/Gordon to spread the lie. He was victorious, he showcased that even Batman/Gordon aren't above using lies and deceit to fool their people just to protect a maniac. Joker's plan was flawless, he took over the mob, scared the cops, and showed that no one is truly "clean". Bane's plan was just brute force, but when Batman came back and he faced resistance, he had nothing. His plan was just the physical destruction of Gotham, but the psychological damage Joker had done stayed with the city even after all those years. As a Villain, Joker was in another dimension, he was a true genius of terror and understood how to truly break people and their hope.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    because DC

GOAT superhero movie
    Sorry, one of the worst I've seen.

Pretentious played out, 20 years too late.

The comic may have been ahead of its time when it first appeared, but he movie sure as hell didn't.

Bad acting, bad directing, cliche scenes (shitload of them), pretentious from the get go.

I wanted to love this film, was very disappointed.