Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Microsoft to unveil new Xbox on May 21

Quote Originally Posted by eppelp
    The only good thing about this reveal is the price drop in the current gen. Just bought xbox 360 + Dark souls&Witcher 2 for 150 bucks .
    Say word? From where? I cannot find a remnant of this news.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    lol i dont think a game even exists. if you go to their website, all the EA games have footage of their new "IGNITE" engine, except for LIVE.

EA is garbage, their best minds left to 2K years ago and it shows. If this game isn't a major success, I don't think they'll be able to renew their license with the NBAPA. Kinda bad considering no competition will give 2K no incentive to introduce new gameplay elements. Either way EA sucks.

Best thing about this is the NCAA rights will be up once gaming on the next-gen is here. Next gen NCAA 2K game??? A man can only dream...
    I haven't subscribed much to the idea of NBA video game companies ceasing to try to improve when there's a lack of competition. However, I do think those lone companies may be more likely to experiment and perhaps depart from the safe and true gameplan. I think 2K's done a little bit of that with their dabbling into their golden coins system and MyTeam. Both have little to do with the actual NBA experience but being the lead dog, it feels like 2K's taking a little liberty to get out and experiment a little bit.

That said, I'm cool with one company making a sports game as long as the company's making a game I like. Unfortunately, MVP '05 was my favorite baseball series and NFL 2K was my favorite football series. Also, NBA 2K13's slight direction skew worries me a little bit. If they continue moving in the direction that reminds me of old NBA Live games (find the most popular artists to do your soundtracks, find what's most popular on Facebook and make that your game's primary focus, etc.) I'm going to be yearning for an alternative, just as I did when NBA Live 2002 came up so short to me over ten years ago.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    Best thing about this is the NCAA rights will be up once gaming on the next-gen is here. Next gen NCAA 2K game??? A man can only dream...

NBA lottery pick

Just came across this image, can't confirm the validity of it though. It looks like someone managed to sneak a phone pic of the exclusive list that will be presented for E3.

Games listed:
    -Forza motorsport 5
    -Banjo-Kazooie Grunty land
    -Quantum Break (already announced)
    -Halo 5 (also already announced)
    Fable 4
    -Halo Spartan Assualt (educated guess on the subtitle)
    -Dead rising 3 (another guess based on the look of the text and the fact that there are already 2 dead rising games, although the placement of the 3 is confusing)

IGN promoted a blog post yesterday about a new ODST game. I guess that'd be frontal assault, on the offchance this is true.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    Just came across this image, can't confirm the validity of it though. It looks like someone managed to sneak a phone pic of the exclusive list that will be presented for E3.

Games listed:
    -Forza motorsport 5
    -Banjo-Kazooie Grunty land
    -Quantum Break (already announced)
    -Halo 5 (also already announced)
    Fable 4
    -Halo Spartan Assualt (educated guess on the subtitle)
    -Dead rising 3 (another guess based on the look of the text and the fact that there are already 2 dead rising games, although the placement of the 3 is confusing)
    Spartan Assault is confirmed now, and Lionhead just launched a new Fable forum.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFxOk...layer_embedded
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/03/lion...ment-incoming/

Spartan Assault is a tablet/windows phone game though, and while officially announced today Microsoft registered the domain a few days ago. Plus considering the logo isn't the same as the trailer I'm leaning towards fake on this one.
    Last edited by Kungfro; 06-04-2013 at 03:16 PM.