Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The ISH'ers Champion!

Default Re: top 5 two way players in nba history ( aka the real top 5 players in nba history )

Jerry propping his boy.

Bran, Jerry and Elgin... Top 3 all time.

Default Re: top 5 two way players in nba history ( aka the real top 5 players in nba history )

Real top 5

Jordan
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Duncan
    Hakeem

By position

Payton
    Jordan
    Miami LeBron
    Duncan
    Hakeem

Besides the obvious, gotta shout out CP3. To me, he's right up there with any defender for a PG sans perhaps Payton because he was 6'4". But watching that dude as a Clipper, he was unreal defensively. And offensively, was a maestro too. Could get to any spot on the court with his dribble and had a devastating midrange game. CP3 was a damn beast on both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Kobe basically destroyed any prestige the all defensive team had when he was put on the team when he was literally a negative player defensively. I will say he played better defense in the playoffs, but the whole point of being on the all defensive team is consistency...being a consistent defender throughout the long 82 game season and Kobe was, frankly, never that besides 2000. What makes it even worse is he was being put on the team over a guy like Dwyane Wade who was a far superior defensive player.
    Wade was never far superior on defense, he simply played in a worse Conference and played on teams that mostly ran at a snail's pace. Lakers coasted on defense after the 2000 season but were consistently holding teams to 80-90 pts in the POs. Kobe's individual defense has always been elite and coaches, who watched hours of flim on him knew that and thus voted him 1st team.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Kobe basically destroyed any prestige the all defensive team had when he was put on the team when he was literally a negative player defensively. I will say he played better defense in the playoffs, but the whole point of being on the all defensive team is consistency...being a consistent defender throughout the long 82 game season and Kobe was, frankly, never that besides 2000. What makes it even worse is he was being put on the team over a guy like Dwyane Wade who was a far superior defensive player.
    its all about the eye test smoke. We only care about the skills not the stats. Thats how the higher IQs judge players. Your a low IQ so you dont get it.

1 MVP
    2 FMVP

Yikes

Fringe top 15

Quote Originally Posted by Rico2016
    So Kobe plays better defense than LeBron now. Interesting news to me

Not so fast bucko
    Its not that difficult to play better defense than NO DEFENSE.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Chris Paul deserves a mention.

9x all-defense (7x 1st)
    6x steals leader

Always a pest on that side of the court and is one of the greatest passers in league history.
    I think I'd add Paul at 10th to my list, and Wade is not far behind. I'm also bumping this because this is one of the most awesome threads this fanboard has seen. 5 stars.
    Last edited by 72-10; 06-24-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Imagine being Jordan and getting praised for being a good defender when LeBron literally did everything better defensively

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Imagine being Jordan and getting praised for being a good defender when LeBron literally did everything better defensively
    Imagine believing any of this.

Forget about Jordan. Lebron's own contemporary - Kawhi - is a better 2 way player. By a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Imagine believing any of this.

Forget about Jordan. Lebron's own contemporary - Kawhi - is a better 2 way player. By a distance.
    Allow me to provide you with some facts, then. You must be new to the NBA, welcome. Stick around and learn some things

Most post season

steals: LeBron
    blocks: LeBron
    DRtg: LeBron
    chip runs under 101 DRtg:
    LeBron 2 for 3
    Jordan 0 for 6

SPG% LeBron
    BPG% LeBron

I mean...Just not close

Allow me to provide you with some facts, then. You must be new to the NBA, welcome. Stick around and learn some things

Most post season

LeBron 2 for 3
    Jordan 0 for 6

SPG% LeBron
    BPG% LeBron

I mean...Just not close
    What does any of the above have to do with being a better 2 way player?
    You believe that playing the passing lanes makes you a great defender?

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    why do we give guys like magic/lebron a pass for not playing any defense whatsoever and russell a pass for not dominating offensively

Because you will not find defense on the basic statsheets and thats the only thing we, the Lebron fam, care about

Oh? How many DPOY awards did Bron win?

Most post season

LeBron 2 for 3
    Jordan 0 for 6

SPG% LeBron
    BPG% LeBron

I mean...Just not close