Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Default 1998 Jordan gets underrated by most here.

62 wins, titles, MVP, FMVP, consensus best player in the NBA. He averaged 28, 5 and 3. But he was much better than his numbers. Everyone feared him and he did everything needed to win.

Look at what he did to the Spurs (basically the team that won it all in 99) with a near prime Robinson (21, 10, 2) and a rookie Tim Duncan (averaged 21, 11,2 - no question better than this years version of Duncan).

Does anybody seriously believe those Bulls would not have finished the 2013 Spurs in less than 7 games?

If Hibbert did that to the heat, the 1998 Spurs with Robinson and Duncan could sweep them.

Anyway, MJ in action against the Spurs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQePkBnD0vo
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...803140SAS.html

MJ, GOAT.

Call me insane, but I would not trade (for just that season) MJ for current Lebron or prime Kobe. Lebron and prime Kobe might have been better players than a 35 year old Jordan, but I don't think they would have the mental strengh and the aura of invincibilityto lead those Bulls to a title.

EDIT: Instead of most, read "by some".

Default Re: 1998 Jordan gets underrated by most here.

I feel the same way, I'd trust '98 MJ over Lebron or Kobe in the playoffs to win a title, I don't care how old he was.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    62 wins, titles, MVP, FMVP, consensus best player in the NBA. He averaged 28, 5 and 3. But he was much better than his numbers. Everyone feared him and he did everything needed to win.

Look at what he did to the Spurs (basically the team that won it all in 99) with a near prime Robinson (21, 10, 2) and a rookie Tim Duncan (averaged 21, 11,2 - no question better than this years version of Duncan).

Does anybody seriously believe those Bulls would not have finished the 2013 Spurs in less than 7 games?

If Hibbert did that to the heat, the 1998 Spurs with Robinson and Duncan could sweep them.

Anyway, MJ in action against the Spurs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQePkBnD0vo
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...803140SAS.html

MJ, GOAT.

Call me insane, but I would not trade (for just that season) MJ for current Lebron or prime Kobe. Lebron and prime Kobe might have been better players than a 35 year old Jordan, but I don't think they would have the mental strengh and the aura of invincibilityto lead those Bulls to a title.

EDIT: Instead of most, read "by some".
    I think 2012 and 2013 LeBron proved he has enough mental strenght.

NBA rookie of the year

Agreed. Dude was killin niqqas in the post that entire season. He was carrying that team virtually all season with Pippen out for pretty much half the year with the back issues.
    Last edited by PJR; 06-28-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Banned

That's what happens when a new crop of NBA fans comes along. Same thing with Kobe, same thing with Lebron. If Wiggins turns into the player most people think he will, then there'll be a Wiggin contingent as well.

Same shit different toilet. The only thing is, MJ has yet to relinquish the throne.

Kobe, not even close. Lebron, way too many flaws and blemishes. Wiggins has a chance to LEGITIMATELY be the heir apparent, but doubt it.

Jordan in general gets underrated here. I'd bet most posters have never watched him play outside of highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    Jordan in general gets underrated here. I'd bet most posters have never watched him play outside of highlights.
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    All the LeBron* dickriders like trollsmasher make it seem as if MJ was less of a player than he really was. These noobs dont realize the league basically created the 'jordan rules' on how to guard him and consistently double and triple teamed him.

LeBron*? dude is purposely left wide open cuz he doesnt have a jumpshot... IN THE FINALS.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    All the LeBron* dickriders like trollsmasher make it seem as if MJ was less of a player than he really was. These noobs dont realize the league basically created the 'jordan rules' on how to guard him and consistently double and triple teamed him.

LeBron*? dude is purposely left wide open cuz he doesnt have a jumpshot... IN THE FINALS.

[FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Precisely.[/COLOR][/FONT]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K-qGWkiKvQ

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    I feel the same way, I'd trust '98 MJ over Lebron or Kobe in the playoffs to win a title, I don't care how old he was.
    Yup, I always get the sense that LeBron and Kobe are on the verge of f*cking things up when ever they are in the Finals. Sometimes they pull it out, sometimes they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Agreed. Dude was killin niqqas in the post that entire season. He was carrying that team virtually all season with Pippen out for pretty much half the year with the back issues.
    Pippen was a shell of himself in the playoffs offensively for the entire 2nd three-peat.

People want to complain about Wade's nagging injuries in 2012 and 2013, his offensive numbers were much more appealing than what Pip brought to that table on offense. And Wade's still had some major games where he took over and won contests in both the 2012 and 2013 playoffs / Finals.

And even though Pippen was clearly the better defender, the difference between Pippen and Wade's defense is closer than Pippen's abilities and production on offense compared to Wade.

MJ's '98 is very slept on. He had no business being the best player in the league, or the MVP. Had a damn near cut off finger due to a cigar accident after the last championship, a messed up shooting wrist all season, and he dragged the Bulls with no Pippen for half the season, a Rodman that wasn't as focused as seasons prior, with Jason Caffey being arguably the Bulls 2nd best player until Pippen came back.

He was amazing, all season. 35 years old, you shouldn't be willing your team to championships. That's MAJOR heart right there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Pippen was a shell of himself in the playoffs offensively for the entire 2nd three-peat.

People want to complain about Wade's nagging injuries in 2012 and 2013, his offensive numbers were much more appealing than what Pip brought to that table on offense. And Wade's still had some major games where he took over and won contests in both the 2012 and 2013 playoffs / Finals.

And even though Pippen was clearly the better defender, the difference between Pippen and Wade's defense is closer than Pippen's abilities and production on offense compared to Wade.

MJ's '98 is very slept on. He had no business being the best player in the league, or the MVP. Had a damn near cut off finger due to a cigar accident after the last championship, a messed up shooting wrist all season, and he dragged the Bulls with no Pippen for half the season, a Rodman that wasn't as focused as seasons prior, with Jason Caffey being arguably the Bulls 2nd best player until Pippen came back.

He was amazing, all season. 35 years old, you shouldn't be willing your team to championships. That's MAJOR heart right there.
    Broken down to the tee. I totally remember the MJ/cigar cutter incident. That was the biggest news at my school for like a week.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

After Pippen and Rodman, Bulls' next go to guy was Kukoc. After that, I always thought Ron Harper was their next best player. Longley I was never too fond of.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    [FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Precisely.[/COLOR][/FONT]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K-qGWkiKvQ

I always rooted against Jordan growing up but you gotta show love to the man. He is the GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    After Pippen and Rodman, Bulls' next go to guy was Kukoc. After that, I always thought Ron Harper was their next best player. Longley I was never too fond of.
    Nah, Kukoc was always so inconsistent for my tastes. He'd be on fire for a game or two, and then go MIA for stretches.