Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Facts Are Misleading

Default Re: 76ers like them Knees: New Orleans has traded Nerlens Noel to the 76ers

GoBB

This trade is exactly what you needed. You are doing what is needed to return to the elite - tank....and it just so happens you will likely have two lottery picks in a great draft.

It will be a few years, but it will be worth it.

Default Re: 76ers like them Knees: New Orleans has traded Nerlens Noel to the 76ers

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I'm sorry I am intoxicated. But what do you mean? Cant Sixers suck next year which is likely giving away their best player? Thus being in position to draft a Wiggins or a Parker since his name was tossed in the mix?????

If pick is protected 1-5 that means Sixers have a chance because they will only get either player drafting top 2-3.

What am I missing here
    I think you're thinking that the Sixers gave the Pelicans their 2014 1st Round Pick? No, the Pelicans traded their 2014 1st Round pick to the Sixers in the deal.

The Sixers got:

Nerlens Noel
    Pelicans 2014 1st Round Pick (1-5 protected)

Pelicans got:

Jrue Holiday

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

**** it's so hard to be a fan of the sixers. we just get out of a big man with bad knees then trade our best player for another big man with a knee problem it never ****ing fails no matter who is running the team they make stupid move after stupid move. i can't wait to see jrue come back and shit on us.

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    I think you're thinking that the Sixers gave the Pelicans their 2014 1st Round Pick? No, the Pelicans traded their 2014 1st Round pick to the Sixers in the deal.

The Sixers got:

Nerlens Noel

Pelicans got:

Jrue Holiday
    he knows that but we still have our first pick and by the looks of it we'll suck bad enough to get a top pick.

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts

The Sixers got:

Nerlens Noel

Pelicans got:

Jrue Holiday
    Damn I'm really drinking heavily. Appreciate you correcting me.

Still dont like the deal as the Sixers have to tank to get Wiggins/Parker.

Sixers just got Glen Rice Jr. in the 2nd Round. Great pick.

I'm not sure how I ultimately feel about the Jrue trade, but the Sixers have still had a pretty good night.

They get Nerlens Noel, Micheal Carter Williams (to replace Jrue), Glen Rice Jr. (Was considered a First Round Talent) and a 2014 First Round Pick from the Pelicans.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    GoBB

This trade is exactly what you needed. You are doing what is needed to return to the elite - tank....and it just so happens you will likely have two lottery picks in a great draft.

It will be a few years, but it will be worth it.
    Exactly! I love what the Sixers did.

Sixers killed it in this draft. Got a great trade made.

They'll be a playoff team soon.

Learning to shoot layups

Plus 76ers should be bad enough to tank next season and with a bit of luck land the number 1 or 2 pick to get wiggins/parker

Bye glen rice jr

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Damn I'm really drinking heavily. Appreciate you correcting me.

Still dont like the deal as the Sixers have to tank to get Wiggins/Parker.
    I'm a Sixer fan and I'm in my early 40's so I've seen a lot of Sixer basketball. I didn't like Noel as the #1 guy in the draft but I like this trade a lot. The Sixers are going nowhere this year and this is a shrewd move for their future. I didn't like Holiday as a real PG and i feel like they got a good pass first PG in the draft and a really good shot blocker. They cleared Holiday's big ass contract off the books and got another draft pick out of it. I think it's a good gamble. They were going to suck anyway so might as well suck really badly. It's the unfortunate downside to a real rebuild. I'm totally down with it.

This sh*t is confusing.. I think I like what they did.. but it is a gamble and philly will have to wait and hope it pans out in the future..

But at least they had a plan on what they wanted to do to break this mediocrity we been stuck in..

hopefully this works...

I can't believe they traded Jrue... wtf. Dude is a great PG and is only getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    I'm a Sixer fan and I'm in my early 40's so I've seen a lot of Sixer basketball. I didn't like Noel as the #1 guy in the draft but I like this trade a lot. The Sixers are going nowhere this year and this is a shrewd move for their future. I didn't like Holiday as a real PG and i feel like they got a good pass first PG in the draft and a really good shot blocker. They cleared Holiday's big ass contract off the books and got another draft pick out of it. I think it's a good gamble. They were going to suck anyway so might as well suck really badly. It's the unfortunate downside to a real rebuild. I'm totally down with it.
    And people try to call me old here.

Hopefully this works out. I like Jrue. And I get the total rebuild job after thinking on it.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

how do you trade a rookie for a young superstar in the making? wow, the 76ers are crazy. i'm baffled how a team let's go of a great player that quickly. how will jrue and eric work out?