Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Default Re: Air Jordan XI Retro Concords spark arrests, fights

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
    extreme materialism. It s about time a deep long lasting economic depression hits the whole planet and some basic realities get reminded to most.
    I don't want a great depression but you're right. We're in this mess because of extreme materialism.

I mean I love Jordans and nice clothes and video games but I realize I don't have to have them.

NBA rookie of the year

Shoe collectors/fetishists is a real weird sub-culture too.

I got a real dirty look from a girl after me and the employee at the Foot Locker were joking about how we'd never camp out for a sneaker.

I thought I'd be good just showing up when the mall opened, but guess not :P

I just wanted the shoes, not for my friggin' "collection" (last real pair of basketball sneakers I bought was like 4 years ago), but just because this is the one model that I've always liked and wished I could have again.

Now it looks like the only way to get a pair is to pay like $400 on eBay. **** that.

I wish eBay didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    The other thing that sorta pisses me off is all those nerds/fashion dweebs snatching up every damn pair.

At least leave some for some people who like actually play basketball.
    It's not the "nerds" and "dweebs" that are "snatching up every damn pair". It's the resellers.

Anyways, if it's playing ball you want them for, don't even bother. The quality of Jordan sneakers has DRASTICALLY gone down. They're more for casual wear than actually playing in.

Even if the quality was still as good as the originals, you're still better off playing in a pair of LeBron's or Kobe's. 2011 technology > 1995 technology.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    That probably is his real reaction. As great of a basketball player he is he seems like a huge a**hole in real life.

He's the one who was on Oprah with Charles Barkley and Barkley told the story of how one day Barkley and Jordan are walking down a street and a homeless guy asks for some money and Barkley gave him some and Jordan refused and said if the guy is good enough to talk he's good enough to get a job at McDonalds.

Jackass.
    I'm sure you heard the infamous Chamillionaire story...

Irrational Jordan superfan StarJordan's Avatar

a homeless guy asks for some money and Barkley gave him some and Jordan refused and said if the guy is good enough to talk he's good enough to get a job at McDonalds.
    What he said was more like if you're able enough to go up to each person on the street and beg 'can you spare a dollar', you're able enough to say 'can i take your order please'.

And Jordan is EXACTLY right! Earn your dollar, don't BEG

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    It's not the "nerds" and "dweebs" that are "snatching up every damn pair". It's the resellers.

Anyways, if it's playing ball you want them for, don't even bother. The quality of Jordan sneakers has DRASTICALLY gone down. They're more for casual wear than actually playing in.

Even if the quality was still as good as the originals, you're still better off playing in a pair of LeBron's or Kobe's. 2011 technology > 1995 technology.
    I just can't bring myself to pay that kind of coin for the Kobe's. They look like a damn $70 crosstrainer with zero ankle support.

Gimme a freaking basketball shoe.

I'm probably just going to pass entirely on Nike now, and just get a cheaper pair of adidas' or something.

EDIT: To the post above to be honest you're better off not giving money to a homeless person. Buy them a cheeseburger if you're really concerned, but likely the money you give them is going direct to the liquor store or their drug dealer.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 12-23-2011 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    I remember those shoes. I was working at the united Center for the Jordan number retirement ceremony. Myself and my friends were selected to work the rehearsals with the celebs.

After the 2-day rehearsals were done, Nike gave all the celebs a pair of those exact shoes (before they hit the streets months later)
    If you're talking about him getting his number retired in 1994, Your story can't be true. The last Air Jordan MJ wore before the first retirement was the AJ8. The next year while he didn't play basketball the AJ9 came out. THEN the retirement ceremony happened around the time that the AJ10 came out, which is what he wore when he came back with the number 45 for the rest of the regular season. The next season (72-10) he wore the AJ11.

If you want to be exact, the ceremony was in November of 1994. The concord 11's released in November 1995.
    Last edited by NumberSix; 12-23-2011 at 11:03 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    If you're talking about him getting his number retired in 1994, Your story can't be true. The last Air Jordan MJ wore before the first retirement was the AJ8. The next year while he didn't play basketball the AJ9 came out. THEN the retirement ceremony happened around the time that the AJ10 came out, which is what he wore when he came back with the number 45 for the rest of the regular season. The next season (72-10) he wore the AJ11.

If you want to be exact, the ceremony was in November of 1994. The concord 11's released in November 1995.
    He's probably talking about the Xs but you're right that time line doesn't work.

Growing up I had the VIIIs (got them on clearance, didn't even realize they were Jordans, lol), IXs (white/black/red), Xs (white/black/carolina blue), and XIs (concords).

Didn't like the XIIs so I swtiched to the Penny Hardaways that year, lol. Those were the days.

I would've bought like 3-4 pairs of the originals XIs if I knew this was going to happen. The originals must be worth a fortune now.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Holy crap. Where are the people who always say "racist" right now? I got called a racist because I said a lot of NBA players get busted for doing drugs. This is just... wow.
    I was going to say it was racist, but decided to maybe it's best to let this thread die.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/punc...ticle-1.996338

That looks like a white dude getting arrested over jordans not a black one...sneaker craze maybe more in black community than whites, but clearly plenty of white AJ collectors out there...its like saying basketball is only played by blacks just because 80% of nba maybe black

Quote Originally Posted by StarJordan
    What he said was more like if you're able enough to go up to each person on the street and beg 'can you spare a dollar', you're able enough to say 'can i take your order please'.

And Jordan is EXACTLY right! Earn your dollar, don't BEG
    the guy could be mentally disabled etc...Jordan is a ignorant jackass. Everytime he speaks about managing a team or finances in general he sounds either retarded or like a puppet.

Troll who tries to provoke you

one of the rapist that rushed & was stampeded was Kobe Bean Bryant.

^haha

Tried online last night. Had 2 pairs in cart and still didn't get them. All the sites crashed. Then went at 4 am this morning. There were people hiding in the mall before it opened. So people actually broke in. Then when I got within 5 people of getting my shoes they sold out of all sizes. I've been bummed but then I started thinking about how silly all of this is. I donated 105 dollars to Doctors Without Borders today. Money better spent to help starving kids in Africa.

I knew they were gonna be in demand but not in that way. its not looking good for my wedding plans to wear Concord 11s for the reception.