Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: 76ers like them Knees: New Orleans has traded Nerlens Noel to the 76ers

I think people are over-hyping Jrue. He's good, but let's not act like he's a franchise player. He was going to ask for a max contract and IMO he isn't worth it.

Default Re: 76ers like them Knees: New Orleans has traded Nerlens Noel to the 76ers

over-hyping?

What do you mean ask for a max contract? Do you follow the NBA outside of S.A?

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

Jrue is already signed to a pretty good deal about 11 mil the next 4-5 years.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Jrue Holiday is overrated IMO. He had an average shooting percentage with decently high usage rate, along with the fact he played 38 MPG.

GOBB, you've always wanted this team to not stay mediocre, Holiday is a good enough player to keep them mediocre, but not good enough of an All-Star to get them over the hump or anything like that. As far as I'm concerned the Sixers fans should like this trade for next years draft where they'll have their own pick which should be top 5, and then the Pelicans pick which should be top 10-15 I think. Michael Carter-Williams has potential IF he can shoot the ball at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    I think people are over-hyping Jrue. He's good, but let's not act like he's a franchise player. He was going to ask for a max contract and IMO he isn't worth it.
    He is signed to a 4 year $40 some million extension already so NO gets him for a discount over the next 4 years. I think it was a really good trade for the Hornets. They now have better talent and depth with a lot of young talent. They are the most interesting team for me going into 2013-2014.

I think the deal does make sense for both teams. Love Jrue as a player but I think the Sixers were destined for a decade of mediocrity without doing something dramatic to rebuild. I think in 2-3 years this trade will be looked at as a good deal (as long as we don't blow draft picks).

College star

After thinking about this for a little bit, it makes sense.

We ditch another 500 season for a shot at a 7-0 shot blocker(which we have now) and a study guard..

Yea, im down.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

This is a great trade for both teams. The Pelicans have an excellent young core moving forward (Jrue, Gordon, Ryan Anderson, Anthony Davis). God I can't wait til next year

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sixerfan82
    After thinking about this for a little bit, it makes sense.

We ditch another 500 season for a shot at a 7-0 shot blocker(which we have now) and a study guard..

Yea, im down.
    Not only that but they should have like $36 million in cap space next year. I def like this move. They were gonna suck this year no matter what and although Holiday is a nice player, I didn't like him and he's not a cornerstone kind of guy. They don't have one yet but with the picks and the capspace they will have, they have a chance of getting one.

Yeah I'm warming up to the trade. I would have liked McLemore over Noel tho.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yeah I'm warming up to the trade. I would have liked McLemore over Noel tho.
    I absolutely love, love, LOVE this trade.
    I don't think we'd fill any needs taking on McLemore as we already have players similar to what he brings to the table (Young, Wright) and BM may just be a younger J-Rich clone.
    What Nerlen Noel brings is something that compliments Hawes and anchors a defense. If he's anything similar to what Ratliff brought or has the same career output as Marcus Camby than we have something to work with. I'm willing to gamble on our odds for next year's draft. Even if we don't get top 2 there are players available at the 1-4 position that have great franchise potential.

I felt with Jru that was it. This is his ceiling. I dodn't feel his productivity or impact could get any better. He's one of those Ty Evans/Brandon Jennings type players who have positive stats but little impact. This will work out for both parties.
    Last edited by hateraid; 06-29-2013 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    And people try to call me old here.

Hopefully this works out. I like Jrue. And I get the total rebuild job after thinking on it.
    This is a great trade for Philly. Clean house and rebuild and get future 1st round picks probably lottery. Sixers plan is to tank the 2013-2014 season and be ready for the 2014 draft which is expected to be loaded. This is how you rebuild in the NBA.

Great job, sam!

I agree with them. Turn of the AC, pick up a fat chick, and just stick you meat right in there at the joint. No need to use a condom, and just as good as regular intercourse. 76ers are ahead of the curve.

Glad to see the Sixers making moves.

When I first heard about it I had mixed feelings, as I felt giving up a draft pick was too much. But when I learned that was a mistake, I was good with it.

Loved Jrue, but the team seemed destined for a 1st round exit (at best) for upcoming years. It's been decades of that.

Not saying Noel, or anyone we get in next year's draft will make us a championship team, but at least my interest in the Sixers is rejuvenated.

And love to see vintage Sixer fans posting on this thread. It's been a while

Wait, so it's the Sixers that gave up the lottery pick? Thought it was the Pelicans that did. But wow, that could be a huge loss for the Sixers and win for the Pelicans. So if the Sixers suck ass and get #1 pick, the Pelicans would get to take Wiggins or some other guy? Future looking bright for the NOLA.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    Wait, so it's the Sixers that gave up the lottery pick? Thought it was the Pelicans that did. But wow, that could be a huge loss for the Sixers and win for the Pelicans. So if the Sixers suck ass and get #1 pick, the Pelicans would get to take Wiggins or some other guy? Future looking bright for the NOLA.
    can you read?