Page 103 of 166 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2487
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆NBA FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

So you're saying you want the Lakers to draft a player who could potentially never even be a starter in the NBA? I'm totally against that. The last thing the Lakers need are more role players. They need potential starters. Whoever they draft in the top 4 isn't going to be a true impact player next year. But at least in a few years they could be. Those guys past the #8 spot are most likely going to just be role players. There will be few that will be lucky to be starters. The Lakers need to go with the player with the highest ceiling. The top 4 picks are pretty good this year and all fill positions of need for this team too.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    So you're saying you want the Lakers to draft a player who could potentially never even be a starter in the NBA? I'm totally against that. The last thing the Lakers need are more role players. They need potential starters. Whoever they draft in the top 4 isn't going to be a true impact player next year. But at least in a few years they could be. Those guys past the #8 spot are most likely going to just be role players. There will be few that will be lucky to be starters. The Lakers need to go with the player with the highest ceiling. The top 4 picks are pretty good this year and all fill positions of need for this team too.
    Umm, what about Cauley-Stein makes you think he doesn't have the potential to be a starter? I mean, you have guys like Robin Lopez, Timefy Mozgov, Omer Asik, Kelly Olynyk (or whoever for Boston), Tiago Splitter, etc. all starting among playoff teams and Cauley-Stein will be a better defender than most, if not, all of those guys. WCS has the potential to be the best defensive anchor in the game in about five years, just needs to work on his patience. If draft was ranked solely on defense, only Rondae Hills-Jefferson would be ahead, though you always take the big over the three.

Have you seen RJ Hunter play tho? This kid has such a sweet stroke, and I mean, watching prime Asia Carrara sweet. Dude's like a trillionaire's version of Randy Foye. He may never be a starter on a good team, but the perfect sixth man to have, with the ability to play both guard slots.

Hollis-Jefferson is going to be an elite defensive wing, I'm talking, Tayshaun Prince/Ron Artest in prime elite. Dude's strong with good lateral quickness, athleticism is there, and his timing is on another level. Everyone talked about Stanley Johnson and TJ McConell on the Wildcats last year, but RHJ was the one who had "it".

Yes, if Russell falls behind Mudiay, I can see keeping him, as Russell can be something special, but I don't see the love for Mudiay. Dude is an even more out of control Westbrook minus the game.

NBA lottery pick

Cauley Stein is a maybe starter for me. He has some potential but he has so much developing to do yet and it would really take a good situation for him to do so. The Lakers definitely aren't that place that's going to develop him. He was so mediocre in college that I can't see him all the sudden being great in the NBA against guys that are more experienced and with more size than he saw in college.

The other guys just seem like role players.

He'd work perfectly with Randle, who will provide a nice offensive game but lackadaisical on d, a great combination there. People are high on Drummond, but I truly believe that WCS will surpass him within two years, three at the most.

The rest are going to be role players, sure, but are the 18th and 28th picks. If you tell me that I could add a rich man's Randy Foye and Tayshaun Prince part duex that late, I'd jump at it.

Would be real solid to go into free agency with:

Clarkson-
    Kobe-Hunter
    Young-RHJ-Brown?
    Randle-Kelly?
    Hill?-WCS

NBA lottery pick

Hahahahaha, no was Cauley-Stein is going to be better than Drummond. And that projected lineup looks like another team that would pick in the lottery. No thanks. I'll take a player in the top 4. At least then in a few years the Lakers will have a solid foundation. They'll still need to somehow land a top FA too. Maybe they could get Monroe this summer. It looks like he's going to leave Detroit. Outside of that I'm not sure there's much that's going to be available to them though.

NBA lottery pick

Apparently the Lakers might target Carroll this offseason:
    http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-r...ll/2015/05/07/

I think it's risky. It depends on the dollar amount.

Carroll is going to be overpaid grossly.

Should go after Danny Green instead, if not Butler, though, Butler will probably get a max thrown at him.

Bismack Biyombo is a name that should be chased, I can see him fitting in well with Randle if Bismack can develop. Though, being restricted, not sure how much Charlotte wants to keep him

NBA lottery pick

I read a report today that the Lakers have plans to offer the max to Butler (among other teams). I really don't see him leaving Chicago though. Bismack is a bust. I wouldn't want to offer him very much at all.

I read a report today that the Lakers have plans to offer the max to Butler (among other teams). I really don't see him leaving Chicago though. Bismack is a bust. I wouldn't want to offer him very much at all.
    Can't see Butler joining the Lakers, though he'd be a decent add. Danny Green would come at a bargain and be just as useful.

Bismack is still 22 and a solid rebounder/shot blocker. If he can develop some strength and just increase his defensive awareness, he can be a variation of DeAndre.

NBA lottery pick

Bismack averaged 5 ppg and 6 rpg. He's only 6'9" and he plays C so he's pretty short for that position. He's got quite a few opportunities in Charlotte too. It's not like he just sat the bench. He was playing 30 minutes per game at the end of the season and still didn't do much. He just finished his 4th season and doesn't look like anything more than just a role player (at best). There were so many guys who wanted him to land in Detroit 4 years ago and I was really glad when he didn't. That's one guy that just seemed like he had bust written all over him and that's basically what he is. He doesn't need more weight. The guy weighs like 250. That's fine for his frame. He needs to improve his skills and I just don't see it.

Bismack averaged 5 ppg and 6 rpg. He's only 6'9" and he plays C so he's pretty short for that position. He's got quite a few opportunities in Charlotte too. It's not like he just sat the bench. He was playing 30 minutes per game at the end of the season and still didn't do much. He just finished his 4th season and doesn't look like anything more than just a role player (at best). There were so many guys who wanted him to land in Detroit 4 years ago and I was really glad when he didn't. That's one guy that just seemed like he had bust written all over him and that's basically what he is. He doesn't need more weight. The guy weighs like 250. That's fine for his frame. He needs to improve his skills and I just don't see it.
    As they say, the grass is always greener.... What is wrong with Ed Davis? heck I think Black is also a decent back up...
    But yes, I like players from other teams too. Mike Dunleavy who plays smart ball, 2'way players like Wes Matthews and Carroll and efficient players like Brendan Wright etc, but I will stay away from FAs with options and restricted ones.

NBA lottery pick

I hear ya. I think Black and Davis are fine off the bench. If the Lakers actually had people who were good starters they'd have a very good bench to back it up.

This is it, ladies & gentlemen. Lakers future on the line right here in 2 hours.. Top 5 picks are very hard to get. We need that pick as Kobe's career comes to an end!

Banned

Draft Lottery tonight. [COLOR="White"]F*ck the Lakers, I hope they fall way down the board and nab some shitty T-rex armed midget bust in the Draft.[/COLOR]

Good luck friends