Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Off season moves

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    i want jimmy butler from Chicago for any pau trade....anything other than boozer coming back should be good

otherwise trade pau and draft burke...
    Salaries must match or within 20% (?) in order for the trade to materialize and Jimmy Butler has one of the cheapest contracts that are productive.
    So it's a safe bet too that they wont give him up esp when they traded Korver and Ronnie Brewer. In connection with that, the Bulls seemed bent on saving $ when they let Asik walk so I don't see them paying Pau but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Keep the core, except Dwight. Like, I'm not really excited about keeping him anymore. He had so many chances last year, but he didn't live up to our expectation. If we could sign him for 8mil, that'd be great. But if they do choose to sign him for 20mil or whatever he wants ... I hope they trade him afterwards --- it's just not worth it anymore.

Get rid of Steve Blake & other guards ... rebuild the roster. Sign players that are known for what they're known for or what they're capable of doing.

Ideal roster for next season:

1 - Nash/(Protege)/(Protege)
    2 - Bryant/Korver
    3 - MWP/Ariza
    4 - Gasol/Frye
    5 - Bargnani Or Dwight

We can't be getting PG out of anywhere anymore ... we need to develop them. But Steve Blake & Goudelock are just aren't the one, besides Blake is old now.

If you realize it, Jerry Buss always had Forwards that can shoot (Odom, Gasol, Radmanovic, Brian Cook, Horry & the list goes on...F*** SAMAKI WALKER), and there's prolly a reason for that.

Last year, Gasol was not used properly & he had backup that was only known for his defense & scrappy play.

I guess they just need to build a similar roster from 2011. That roster would prolly workout for D'Antoni's system anyway, everyone was a shooter except for Bynum & Mbenga.

It's either that, or FIRE HIS ASS.
    I just don't understand why everyone was so down on Dwight.
    Bynum and Rose didn't play a single second while Dwight played since day one after back surgery, barely miss games after a torn labrum and STILL among the LEADERS in rebounds, FG% and blocks.
    Is it that smirk? Yes, I hate that too.
    Him talking too much to the media? or smiling when they were struggling?
    Oh yes.
    I ask my friends who also hated Dwight and asked about their favorite centers.
    You like Kendrick Perkins? oh yeah, who wouldnt like his toughness and that warrior like body and scowl? His current playoff stats? 2 pts and 4 rebs.
    You like Noah, Hibbert, and Chandler?
    ALL THESE great guys have less pts and rebounds than Dwight.
    Even the guys who are currently thriving like Duncan and Marc Gasol have LESS rebounds than Dwight.
    And Yes, DK also pointed out that his strengths are not fully maximized so, it could have affected his psyche but hey, lets just bag on him, that smirk is just so unbearable.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I just don't understand why everyone was so down on Dwight.
    Bynum and Rose didn't play a single second while Dwight played since day one after back surgery, barely miss games after a torn labrum and STILL among the LEADERS in rebounds, FG% and blocks.
    Is it that smirk? Yes, I hate that too.
    Him talking too much to the media? or smiling when they were struggling?
    Oh yes.
    I ask my friends who also hated Dwight and asked about their favorite centers.
    You like Kendrick Perkins? oh yeah, who wouldnt like his toughness and that warrior like body and scowl? His current playoff stats? 2 pts and 4 rebs.
    You like Noah, Hibbert, and Chandler?
    ALL THESE great guys have less pts and rebounds than Dwight.
    Even the guys who are currently thriving like Duncan and Marc Gasol have LESS rebounds than Dwight.
    And Yes, DK also pointed out that his strengths are not fully maximized so, it could have affected his psyche but hey, lets just bag on him, that smirk is just so unbearable.
    I agree. It's so crazy to me that people somehow think it would be smart to not resign Dwight like there's a ton of great free agents out there for the Lakers to go after lol. He's still the best C in the game right now. He's now in his prime too. I think he had a pretty solid season for not being 100% for most of it. He's not the Dwight everybody wanted him to be, but I believe next season he will be. He'll have a whole offseason to prepare this time around and he'll finally be completely healthy going into a season for us. Hopefully another season with Kobe will help him with finding his own killer instinct.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Salaries must match or within 20% (?) in order for the trade to materialize and Jimmy Butler has one of the cheapest contracts that are productive.
    So it's a safe bet too that they wont give him up esp when they traded Korver and Ronnie Brewer. In connection with that, the Bulls seemed bent on saving $ when they let Asik walk so I don't see them paying Pau but I could be wrong.
    Gasol puts them over the top while Asik was a solid bench contributor.

Noah/Gasol is as good as it gets....

i read somewhere(take with grain of salt) Bulls were ready to trade for gasol by giving Deng/Butler...Lakers wanted Charlotte pick too...bulls said no

I think lakers will trade pau this summer if they get a blockbuster deal...and if not they will keep him...

Ask MWP to opt out of his contract...give him small contract...if pau is traded...

then trade blake for cap space or amnesty him saving 17mil $$$

Would you trade Nash and 2nd rd pick for Felton and Novak?

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Would you trade Nash and 2nd rd pick for Felton and Novak?
    It's not a deal we should be desperate for and the only reason I say this is because with Sessions playing here, then Nash, Kobe still had control of the basketball for most of the games. We do not need a PG that needs the ball in his hands most of the game. Fisher was the perfect fit next to Kobe. Do we know of any PG's that play off the ball most of the time? The only one I can think of would be Chauncey. He's 37+ years old though. I wouldn't go out of my way for him.

Nash looks like he got used to how Kobe controls everything. He doesn't seem uncomfortable without the ball much either.

Very good NBA starter

The Lakers need athletic defenders and that's it. Just get me some athletes on the perimeter with length. I don't give a shit if they can shoot the 3 ball or not. The Lakers literally have 2 good defensive players Dwight and Steve Blake. And I'm being very generous when I call Steve Blake a good defensive player.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    The Lakers need athletic defenders and that's it. Just get me some athletes on the perimeter with length. I don't give a shit if they can shoot the 3 ball or not. The Lakers literally have 2 good defensive players Dwight and Steve Blake. And I'm being very generous when I call Steve Blake a good defensive player.
    Steve Blake???
    That's not being generous, that's being delusional

Home of the 16

I only agree on the ATHLETIC DEFENDERS part. And we just need some more talent. The right size for every position. Jodie meeks @ 6'4, c'mon ... who's he gonna guard when it comes to facing the heat? D-Wade?

NBA lottery pick

Putting Steve Blake in the discussion for athletic defenders is hilarious! He's one of the worst in the league. Kobe really needs help defending the perimeter. He's one of the better defenders in the NBA. The problem is he can't guard everyone out there. I'm guessing you forgot about him.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Putting Steve Blake in the discussion for athletic defenders is hilarious! He's one of the worst in the league. Kobe really needs help defending the perimeter. He's one of the better defenders in the NBA. The problem is he can't guard everyone out there. I'm guessing you forgot about him.
    I didn't mean Steve Blake is an athletic defender but the team was noticeably a lot better defensively with him in the line up than Nash. Kobe's man to man defense is still good, hell even great sometimes but his team defense is pretty bad. He can't quickly switch and close out on perimeter players. D'Antoni being a complete joke doesn't help matters but this team seriously just needs 2 defense first players.

Home of the 16

Looks like we made a mistake by signing Artest (long-term)

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Looks like we made a mistake by signing Artest (long-term)
    I don't think so. The Lakers did win a championship with him. I hardly think that was a mistake. Look at how Ariza has been throughout the past few years. He's having a hard time. If he was on the team still we would likely be complaining about his lack of development.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I don't think so. The Lakers did win a championship with him. I hardly think that was a mistake. Look at how Ariza has been throughout the past few years. He's having a hard time. If he was on the team still we would likely be complaining about his lack of development.
    I agree.....and we didn't get Metta to be a 3pt shooter as 'Antoni used him last season, that is NOT his game. Once again, a good coach uses his players in ways they will be successful. Next Jimmy will hire a coach who will play Kobe at center.....it would go just as poorly as the misuse of Dwight, Metta and Pau.
    Get a freaking coach Lakers!!!!!!!!

Chris Duhon was just waived.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...rd-chris-duhon

After all the hype and guys on here begging that we get him, the guy was flat out horrible, he looked like he didn't even belong on the bench of a D-League team. Good Riddance!!!!!