Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Default Re: Magic: Pelinka backstabbed me.

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    Lebald ruined LA
    You gonna change your KD avy since uhh you know

NBA sixth man of the year

All NBA free agents should beware of the disfunction within the Lakers organization. There's a lack of try of trust and accountability amongst the front office. Pelinka backstabbed Magic who was a player's person. Then dude tries to save face but you can tell he's what Magic described him to be. Very sketchy character.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    why on earth would anyone sign there now with pelinka still running shit
    Snakes gonna snake. Wonder if KD is interested??

Quote Originally Posted by GreatHILL
    Is that Shaggy P guy any good can he still play?
    lmao caught that in the interview hahaha , "we let go of Dlo due to the Shaggy P incident hahaha"

How do people watch that first take interview and come away thinking Pelinka is the problem? It's painfully obvious that Magic is blaming everyone else...he admits to all the **** ups in the franchise as far as free agency and trades are concerned, yet it's Pelinka that is the problem? For WHAT exactly?

Magic said Rob talked behind his back saying Magic wasn't around enough....yet Magic LITERALLY SAID at the beginning of the interview that he told Jeanie he was going to focus on his own businesses before accepting the job, yet he wants to retain ALL the power?

Newsflash to the clueless, did you all know that there was no such thing as a president of basketball operations in LA before Magic?? It was the GM and Vice GM reporting directly to the owners...that's it. And yall expect Magics incompetent ass to be good at his job while not even being around?? He was legitimately NEVER in his office, and yet he wanted to just show up and fire Luke because he felt that was the right move to make. Even after everyone in the meeting disagreed (Magic doesn't own the team, it's not his say over everyone elses...this is corporate america people).

If ANYONE is backstabbing, it's Magic shoving one deep inside Jeanie and the Lakers organization as a whole. He came to first take to trash the team, knowing the effect he has on the media, all the while saying little antidotes like "JEanie is my sister, I love the Lakers, I want them to do well!!".

This dude acts just like the virus inside of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    How do people watch that first take interview and come away thinking Pelinka is the problem? It's painfully obvious that Magic is blaming everyone else...he admits to all the **** ups in the franchise as far as free agency and trades are concerned, yet it's Pelinka that is the problem? For WHAT exactly?

Magic said Rob talked behind his back saying Magic wasn't around enough....yet Magic LITERALLY SAID at the beginning of the interview that he told Jeanie he was going to focus on his own businesses before accepting the job, yet he wants to retain ALL the power?

Newsflash to the clueless, did you all know that there was no such thing as a president of basketball operations in LA before Magic?? It was the GM and Vice GM reporting directly to the owners...that's it. And yall expect Magics incompetent ass to be good at his job while not even being around?? He was legitimately NEVER in his office, and yet he wanted to just show up and fire Luke because he felt that was the right move to make. Even after everyone in the meeting disagreed (Magic doesn't own the team, it's not his say over everyone elses...this is corporate america people).

If ANYONE is backstabbing, it's Magic shoving one deep inside Jeanie and the Lakers organization as a whole. He came to first take to trash the team, knowing the effect he has on the media, all the while saying little antidotes like "JEanie is my sister, I love the Lakers, I want them to do well!!".

This dude acts just like the virus inside of him.
    Pelinka seemed fake during that interview. At one point dude opened and took a sip of a new water bottle rather than continue drinking the one he had opened just 20 minutes ago even though the original bottle was clearly still 99% full. Seemed nervous for some reason.

Also he didn't tell any of his trademark biblical/quran stories before making any points that we're accustomed to. His volatile behavior definitely raises some eyebrows. Even coach Frank Vogel looked nervous as hell next to him when the media asked Rob about his betrayal questions.
    Last edited by BallsOut; 05-21-2019 at 02:15 PM.

I have zero respect for magic and neither should anyone else.

magic's taxes should go up because of the damage to society he's caused by being involved in the birth of this abomination:

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Pelinka seemed fake during that interview. At one point dude opened and took a sip of a new water bottle rather than continue drinking the one he had opened just 20 minutes ago even though the original bottle was clearly still 99% full. Seemed nervous for some reason.

Also he didn't tell any of his trademark biblical/quran stories before making any points that we're accustomed to. His volatile behavior definitely raises some eyebrows. Even coach Frank Vogel looked nervous as hell next to him when the media asked Rob about his betrayal questions.

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about with the water, and I have a rational answer for you. The open bottle was room temp. Us cold water drinkers are SUCKERS for a cold bottle with condensation all over it.

As for biblical verses, I don't recall Pelinka ever doing that. He knows this is a no win situation, Magic has the media in his back pocket. People 100% like Magic more than Rob, so he chose to say some nice things instead of keep this back and forth going. That's the PROFESSIONAL thing to do.

Pelinka has a horrible reputation, but he didn't backstab Magic

Magic accepted a job he intended NOT TO PUT 100% effort in. If Jeanie new that beforehand AND still gave him the job? Its on her.

Dude talking about phone calls from people around the league "You better watch out for Pelinka!" "He's no good!" "Pelinka is not to be trusted!"

Yeah no shit. Rob Pelinka asking where Magic was at...is valid. Be there and present. Its your job.

Magic was ahead of Rob in the pecking order, meaning anything Rob wanted to do had to go through Magic....how the **** was Rob supposed to do his job when Magic never showed up? And everytime he did, he ****ed something up.

No Magic Popcorn GIF

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about with the water, and I have a rational answer for you. The open bottle was room temp. Us cold water drinkers are SUCKERS for a cold bottle with condensation all over it.

As for biblical verses, I don't recall Pelinka ever doing that. He knows this is a no win situation, Magic has the media in his back pocket. People 100% like Magic more than Rob, so he chose to say some nice things instead of keep this back and forth going. That's the PROFESSIONAL thing to do.
    The thing is the original bottle was ice cold. Like literally mostly ice. Why didn't he drink from that one??

You must not have watched any of his prior interviews. Here's one from when they signed KCP in free agency.

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

[QUOTE=BallsOut]The thing is the original bottle was ice cold. Like literally mostly ice. Why didn't he drink from that one??

You must not have watched any of his prior interviews. Here's one from when they signed KCP in free agency.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I didn

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    I have zero respect for magic and neither should anyone else.

magic's taxes should go up because of the damage to society he's caused by being involved in the birth of this abomination:

Is that Magic fat flamboyantly gay son? Did he finally get a personal trainer and dietician or something? Lol