Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned

thats probably the longest play i've ever seen, that would take like 15secs to execute and set up and once one person ****s up its over

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

It's long to run to completion but you have to consider that the first action, the ballscreen 5 sets for 1, might get a high percentage look for either 1 or 5.

Banned

the big man would get robbed in the middle before the 1,2 gets to cut, screen and pop. you can't have the ball in a big mans hands on the line for that long, just let him take one dribble and get inside

I'm unsure about what you are talking about. I'm at work and can't look at the play right this second.

You also have to consider that the play was designed for the Raptors which mean the bigs in the play will likely be Chris Bosh and Andrea Bargnani.

Banned

my coach tried to make me play the high post last year and it was pretty hard, with all these cutters the big man ends up with 2-3 guys around him, you have like 2 secs with the ball and you either hit the cutter (cutting from wing to wing) or take the ball inside yourself. No way i could stand there and wait for the guys to run circles around the court

bosh might get away with it but he'd probably end up shooting the FT line jumpshot ala dirk instead of passing it

Banned

that would work for the raps, bargnani(4) could get the jumpshot or they can hit the cutter(3) for an easy dunk.
    Last edited by thenextgreatbigman; 10-27-2006 at 06:25 PM.

NBA Superstar

Default .

the big definitely has the option of just shooting the ball. if the 1 forces the 5's defender to help out his defender, then there can be an open shot for the 5.

and i don't think the play would take that long. the only players running a lot would be the 1 (ford) and the 4 (bosh). guys that can run all day.
    Last edited by i seen hippos; 10-27-2006 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
    the big man would get robbed in the middle before the 1,2 gets to cut, screen and pop. you can't have the ball in a big mans hands on the line for that long, just let him take one dribble and get inside
    I just seen what you are talking about. That's one of the tweaks that would have to be made because the spacing on the floor makes that last sequence of the play slower to develope.

OK, I'm finally done re-creating that Open Post offense.

http://download.yousendit.com/EA4C5EF716A9E591 It's in the EBP format so you have to view it through the playbook program.

Those of you that haven't downloaded it might want to. Or you could just harrass Hippos until he makes it into a Flash file.

NBA Superstar

harassing's for suckas. lol

NBA Superstar

that was well done. inspired me to do one tonight i think. lol

suprised i didn't see any play where the 5 releases to the basket though. you'd think he'd find himself in many situations where he can exploit his defender whether through help D or screens. with the floor so wide open, this should be available.

Entity of Existence Living Being's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone know a program to draw up plays?

Wow...only real thread about playmaking in 7 years.