Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Dennis Rodman Goes Nuts on CNN about N. Korea

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Well Rodman opens himself up to criticism when he pretty much prostitutes himself for a dictator. He should understand that its a hot button topic that will never stick to solely basketball. That being said I didn't realize Kenneth Bey's been in prison for 15 years. That's a bitch move to put that on Rodman considering I'm sure there are lots of Americans that have traveled to North Korea in the last 15 years why should it be on Rodman?
    Bae's been in prison for about 14 months. He got sentenced to 15 years in April of last year.

Rodman also said this in May
    https://twitter.com/dennisrodman/sta...26019747127297
    I'm calling on the Supreme Leader of North Korea or as I call him "Kim", to do me a solid and cut Kenneth Bae loose.
    The Worm brought it on himself.
    Last edited by InspiredLebowski; 01-07-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

i dont understand anything he said

Banned

Rodman went into a hulk hogan rant near the end

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

Rodman better be careful with one of his psycho rants when he's in NK or he will be end up being dog food like Kim's Uncle.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Bae's been in prison for about 14 months. He got sentenced to 15 years in April of last year.

Rodman also said this in May
    https://twitter.com/dennisrodman/sta...26019747127297

The Worm brought it on himself.
    Ah thanks for the clarification. And based on that tweet sounds like Rodman may have already broached the subject. Who knows what private talks they've had.

Did Rodman think CNN was actually interested in asking him about a bunch of retired NBA scrubs playing basketball in N. Korea?

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Did Rodman think CNN was actually interested in asking him about a bunch of retired NBA scrubs playing basketball in N. Korea?
    Christie, Rodman and Vin Baker were'nt exactly 'scrubs'

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Christie, Rodman and Vin Baker were'nt exactly 'scrubs'
    Outside Rodman himself, they're entirely irrelevant and his point stands.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    They weren't.
    They were doing a hatchet job on Rodman.
    Which is pointless - no one's opinion of Rodman is going to be changed either way.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    When Rodman goes off it sounds like some Wrestlemania shit.
    My thoughts exactly. I had flashbacks to Macho Man Randy Savage.

And the guys in the back totally had a "WTF did I get myself into?" look on their faces.

Rodman totally is not the guy to do what he is doing. Charles Smith was able to talk clearly and clearly communicate that they are not there for politics. Rodman on the otherhand appears to be avoiding questions that make him uncomfortable rather than simply saying "I do not plan to ask about the prisoner because I am a basketball player and that is not my role" or "I will discuss it if the situation calls for it" or any number of answers that actually address the question.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    They weren't.
    They were doing a hatchet job on Rodman.
    Which is pointless - no one's opinion of Rodman is going to be changed either way.
    Exactly. They're interviewing a guy that wore a wedding dress to his own autobiography promotion. But they're not doing this so much for legitimate reasons so much as for RATINGS.

Banned

That interviewer is terrible. Rodnans got known mental issues and he just baits him into snapping when we all already know rodman is like that. They also cut him mid sentence to acommercial break and talk over the top of them. I also think it's a stretch to claim RRodman accused bae of anything he seemed to be more asking if they guy had the facts about why he is imprisoned (which likely is for no reason but rodman an isn't the best speaker). Shiuld have at least asked more questions and gotten info on their experience there and tried to inform them more.

I don't think they should be there right now but still that interviewer was an idiot

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Myth

And the guys in the back totally had a "WTF did I get myself into?" look on their faces.

Rodman totally is not the guy to do what he is doing. Charles Smith was able to talk clearly and clearly communicate that they are not there for politics. Rodman on the otherhand appears to be avoiding questions that make him uncomfortable rather than simply saying "I do not plan to ask about the prisoner because I am a basketball player and that is not my role" or "I will discuss it if the situation calls for it" or any number of answers that actually address the question.
    Lol I felt like Rodman was channeling Hulk Hogan. I was just waiting for the "Lemme tell yah something brotha!"

Quote Originally Posted by Myth

Rodman totally is not the guy to do what he is doing. Charles Smith was able to talk clearly and clearly communicate that they are not there for politics. Rodman on the otherhand appears to be avoiding questions that make him uncomfortable rather than simply saying "I do not plan to ask about the prisoner because I am a basketball player and that is not my role."
    If you guys knew jack about North Korea you'd know Rodman, as crazy as it sounds, more or less is the perfect key for the lock.

North Koreans (at least the ones the country tries to showcase as 'ideal' and of high political status) all appear to be emotionally invested and sincere in what they believe, and they are drawn to charisma. Thus, Rodman. They do not respond well to quick witted, sharp tongued American politicians and journalists, heck they do not really believe in free speech and the open right to question or criticize their powers that be. Their dear leader is like a god to them. (Again, I'm talking about the high status North Koreans in power... not the poverty striken majority being controlled, imprisoned, etc)

Rodman, being emotionally driven, is a guy who will respect their passion and sincerity. Rodmans heart can be, and is, in this without ulterior motives. Rodman can truly become 'friends' with people over there. The North Korean political party can pick up on this. Can any other ****tard politician or journalist say that? If that reporter who badgered Rodman tried to put himself in Rodman's shoes and act as a voice of the American people he'd be executed by firing squad at dawn. North Koreans don't tolerate that kind of (as they call it) 'Imperialist Aggressor' attitude.

Now, that's not to say the North Korean's are good guys here. The ones in power treat the ones NOT in power in that country like sh*t. We all know this. However, we'll never get anywhere without force (bad idea) or diplomacy. Rodman appears to be the best key we've ever had to entering their doors, Rodman at this moment, represents our key to diplomacy.

Banned

wtf did i get neg in this thread