Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Has there ever been a starting lineup as flawlessly built as the current lakers?

Dangerous outside shooting with best shooting point guard in the history of the nba and most unstoppable midrange shooter the game has ever seen, combined with gasol improved 3 point game and pure midrange and MWPs hotstreaks.

Dominant inside game with the most dynamic front court in the nba when motivated. Best offensive centre in the nba in bynum and top 5 pf in gasol when he tries and the strongest post up 3 in MWP.

Lockdown perimeter defense with perennial all first team defender kobe, one of the best charge takers in the league in nash and the only player with maybe the exception of melo that lebron wouldnt be able to beat on brute strength.

Best rim protection in the league with the huge wingspans of teh twin towers, not a single easy layup will be give against this starting line up.

I expect this laker starting lineup to outscore the opposing team sans maybe okc and the heat by double digits in the first quarter of every game, if the lakers can get the bench to even a mediocore status, i think anyone in their right mind would have them as the favorites for the nba championship, even against the improved heat.

Default Re: Has there ever been a starting lineup as flawlessly built as the current lakers?

On paper...

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Has there ever been a starting lineup as flawlessly built as the current lakers?

There's nothing flawless about their starting lineup. Spacing is meh. And the Lakers suck at defending screen and roll.

if only bynum can learn pnr

i lost it at lockdown perimeter defenders

Banned

I still think OKC is the better team. Russy is going to destroy Nash every single time. If they put Kobe on him, good luck defending Harden then. Durant is going to get his against anyone.. They have a great post defender in Perk to put on Bynum and Ibaka can guard Pau alright I guess.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    I still think OKC is the better team. Russy is going to destroy Nash every single time. If they put Kobe on him, good luck defending Harden then. Durant is going to get his against anyone.. They have a great post defender in Perk to put on Bynum and Ibaka can guard Pau alright I guess.
    I agree. I think OKC in 6. Another year of growth and maturity for OKC will do wonders for them. I see them winning the West again.

I don't see how Nash and Kobe are going to "click" as well as everyone thinks either. It's going to be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by rule1223
    and most unstoppable midrange shooter the game has ever seen
    Yeah...that's simply just not true.

I expect this laker starting lineup to outscore the opposing team sans maybe okc and the heat by double digits in the first quarter of every game, if the lakers can get the bench to even a mediocore status, i think anyone in their right mind would have them as the favorites for the nba championship, even against the improved heat.
    So, in all but 5 or 6 games, you think the Lakers starting lineup will be at least +10 in EVERY first quarter this year? What the hell are you smoking?

Banned

Harper
    Jordan
    Pippen
    Rodman
    Longley

No weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Harper
    Jordan
    Pippen
    Rodman
    Longley

No weakness.
    No frontcourt scoring.

I wish today was 3 years ago. Then that team is utterly flawless

and most unstoppable midrange shooter the game has ever seen
    What?

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Harper
    Jordan
    Pippen
    Rodman
    Longley

No weakness.
    No legitemate 3-point threat

Dangerous outside shooting with best shooting point guard in the history of the nba and most unstoppable midrange shooter the game has ever seen, combined with gasol improved 3 point game and pure midrange and MWPs hotstreaks.

Dominant inside game with the most dynamic front court in the nba when motivated. Best offensive centre in the nba in bynum and top 5 pf in gasol when he tries and the strongest post up 3 in MWP.

Lockdown perimeter defense with perennial all first team defender kobe, one of the best charge takers in the league in nash and the only player with maybe the exception of melo that lebron wouldnt be able to beat on brute strength.

Best rim protection in the league with the huge wingspans of teh twin towers, not a single easy layup will be give against this starting line up.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

They're extremely weak in the PnR game and in transition.. and OKC and Miami are two teams that dominate in those areas.