Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mike D'Antoni hired as new Lakers head coach!

If you asked me this prior to the Knick debacle, id think perfect fit. The question is if he learned anything. Im not sure because to the every end he did not want to change things. The only thing Lakers you can hope is like the Linsanity thing where the effort is coming from the players themselves on D so it doesnt matter how he is ****ing it up.

How does one get Phil Jackson and Pringles and pick Pringles?

Default Re: Mike D'Antoni signs a four-year deal with the Lakers

My take on this whole mess -- Jim Buss might have ruined the franchise for the next decade by not hiring Rick Adelman last year.

There were all kinds of sources back in May 2011 saying that there was "interest" in Adelman. Rumor has it that Mitch wanted Rick, but Jim wanted Mike Brown.

With Adelman as HC, there's no drama and LA is a perennial contender.

Now, the team is a circus and a joke.

Good luck with that, LA. What's the over/under on Kobe's first meltdown?

NBA lottery pick

Wow lol 7 seconds or less is back!

Seems like this is about control, more than anything else. Jim Buss probably doesn't want to be "upstaged" by Phil Jackson, whereas he has more control if D'Antoni is head coach.

Or could be that Jim resents Phil because Phil gets to bang his hot sister. Either one........

On a side note, look for Jordan Hill to be traded soon. Remember New York? To D'Antoni, Jordan was the "bad" rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Seems like this is about control, more than anything else. Jim Buss probably doesn't want to be "upstaged" by Phil Jackson, whereas he has more control if D'Antoni is head coach.

Or could be that Jim resents Phil because Phil gets to bang his hot sister. Either one........
    Completely agree. My guess, like yours, deals with Jims sister. Had that feeling for quite a few years now.

Local High School Star

A run & gun upbeat offensive coach w/ arguably the biggest, slowest, and one of the oldest starting 5s in the league. That should work out well. Good luck Lakers fans. Everyone should have known lil' Jimmy wouldn't have hired Phil again.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

You mean Jim is an incestphile?

Quote Originally Posted by comerb
    A run & gun upbeat offensive coach w/ arguably the biggest, slowest, and one of the oldest starting 5s in the league. That should work out well. Good luck Lakers fans. Everyone should have known lil' Jimmy wouldn't have hired Phil again.
    Well, if they fail to achieve a championship this year, the fans will have reasons to hate Jimmy even more and mark the end of Phil of coming back to Lakers. This means other team would try to pick Phil up now. It would funny as hell if Phil get picked up by Clippers later to challenge Lakers.
    Last edited by kobesabi; 11-12-2012 at 08:31 AM.

College star

Dumbasses

There goes your championship chances Laker fans. Have fun being a second round exit again.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

panic moves.

firing Brown after only 5 games and then hiring D'Antoni before the weekend is over?

WTF is going on?

While I think D'Antoni is a good (not great) coach and that he should do well in LA, I can't help but feel that the Lakers rejecting Phil is all about Jim Buss making a power play...

Mamba out

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    panic moves.

firing Brown after only 5 games and then hiring D'Antoni before the weekend is over?

WTF is going on?
    Jim Buss

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    As a knick fans all i have to say is good luck Lakers

Today, in just one quarter, i repeat in just one quarter, the Knicks have more off-ball movement, screens being set, plays being runned than in 3 full season with D'Antoni. No i'm not exaggerating.

There's a reason D'Antoni "system" is the ssol, because after 7 seconds defenses are set and he is completely clueless on what to do, and is all up to the PG to come up with something.

I'm laughing, Phil Jackson is laughing, lakers fans won't believe what i'm saying, just like i didn't believe suns fans warnings when the Knicks hired him.

Hope Gasol can shoot threes.

I feel for you guys, cause you have Nash, and he is going to mask D'Antoni incompetence until it's too late.

No seriously

Agreed. I always tried to give D'Antoni the benefit of the doubt, but he is incompetent. For all that offensive genius, Knicks looked LOST on offense until the moment they got the Asian Steve Nash to run the offense. Knicks look MUCH better offensively under Woodson, with an actual gameplan, players setting screens and better ball movement. And the defense is worlds better under Woodson so far.

For Laker fans, get used to word "good". That's D'Antoni's favorite word.