Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: OKC's Starting Center

Quote Originally Posted by pnyozzzoo
    Kendrick Perkins ‏@KendrickPerkins

Too all my haters , check my win percentage since I Been in Okc , Crazy

Put the team on his back and carried them to the Finals last year! Almost did the same thing two years ago carrying them to the WCF!

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

I've been asking for ages why not just play Collison extended mins if hes capable, but I have to assume he must not be since they don't play him that long. I remember hes had knee issues is that whats stopping him or is it a coaching thing.

Collison, Ibaka, WB, KD, Thabo seems like a really legit line up who you going to double off? Collison can stroke it and hes as smart as anyone in moving or cutting to the right spot. Hes also the best big that rolls to the rim OKC has.

I understand the frustration but I don't think thunder fans should be moaning with the team and assets they have right now and going forward.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    Lmao what a train wreck.

Seriously I've always had trust in Presti, but I have no ****ing idea what he's doing with this. We've got great trade assets wasting away in the D league and valuable picks just sitting there. We obviously have a huge chink in our armor at the C spot. Why not use these pieces to win us some titles? I cannot for the life of my understand what's taking so long..
    seriously, Presti is like a drafting god,prob the best at getting you franchise players, prob like 4 on last year thunder. But he is not good at getting good roles players, same collison from Seattle and blah, dude even want to trade more stars for more draft so he can work his mojo.

Morey is like can never get franchise player but genius at managing good role players. just 1 example dude bought a sec round pick for 1 million dollar(which was too expensive back then) and draft Landry and landry turns out crazy good role player and flipped for Kmart, and got Rafer for cheap then flip him into Lowry and then lowry become real good does not want to stay somehow he flip lowry to toronto for their lottery draft. Bam that's the Harden deal with some picks. Not to mention the bazzillion sec rounders in chase budinger, chandler parson, undrafted greg smith, 1 year 3 mill Delfino when no one signs him and flip Camby for Dougie who now shoots 43% 3s.

seriously, Presti is like a drafting god,prob the best at getting you franchise players, prob like 4 on last year thunder. But he is not good at getting good roles players, same collison from Seattle and blah, dude even want to trade more stars for more draft so he can work his mojo.
    Yeah, not real sure it's fair to say he's not good at getting good role players. Thabo, Collison, Ibaka (who's turned into more than a roe player this year), and even Harden before breaking out big time two years ago are or were great role players for OKC. It's developing a bench with more than one scorer that's been a problem. And even then I'm not going to say he can't or won't do it. He took over a terrible team and had to spend the first few years developing the core and getting the cornerstone pieces. Getting those guys -- Durant, Westbrook, Harden (now Martin), and Ibaka -- took time and it's been in just the last couple of years we've seen they all were going to pay off. I don't think he's simply sitting on those draft picks so he can "work his magic" again. I think now, that the foundation is set, he's going to start working on the rest of the team.

Who knows, maybe he's waiting to hold onto Toronto's pick until after the lottery to see where it lands, because this draft is going to provide some decent centers. Maybe not any future franchise centers, but good solid starting centers which is all OKC needs.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Yeah, not real sure it's fair to say he's not good at getting good role players. Thabo, Collison, Ibaka (who's turned into more than a roe player this year), and even Harden before breaking out big time two years ago are or were great role players for OKC. It's developing a bench with more than one scorer that's been a problem. And even then I'm not going to say he can't or won't do it. He took over a terrible team and had to spend the first few years developing the core and getting the cornerstone pieces. Getting those guys -- Durant, Westbrook, Harden (now Martin), and Ibaka -- took time and it's been in just the last couple of years we've seen they all were going to pay off. I don't think he's simply sitting on those draft picks so he can "work his magic" again. I think now, that the foundation is set, he's going to start working on the rest of the team.

Who knows, maybe he's waiting to hold onto Toronto's pick until after the lottery to see where it lands, because this draft is going to provide some decent centers. Maybe not any future franchise centers, but good solid starting centers which is all OKC needs.
    I counted Ibaka and Harden as those 4 Franchise players. not role player. Presti basically got 4 franchise players on a team.

I am that high on Ibaka, he is not a franchise player that lead you to play off yet but he is better than any dude on cats, detriot, bucks, those scrub teams last year.

He is just raw but crazy athletic, I mean Crazy athletic is not that scary in this league there is always a few coming in each year. But a Crazy Athletic dude that works hard to improve his fundamental and willing to learn is scary. In a few years he will be better than a lot middling team's franchise player. I mean ffs I like his jumper 10 times more than Blake's. Who knows if he can get a couple decent post move, some dribble move. And use his brain in defense more.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Kendrick Perkins ‏@KendrickPerkins

Too all my haters , check my win percentage since I Been in Okc , Crazy
    lmao check mike miller's win percentage since he went to Miami in 2010 LOL.

Decent playground baller ScarSymmetry's Avatar

I counted Ibaka and Harden as those 4 Franchise players. not role player. Presti basically got 4 franchise players on a team.

I am that high on Ibaka, he is not a franchise player that lead you to play off yet but he is better than any dude on cats, detriot, bucks, those scrub teams last year.

He is just raw but crazy athletic, I mean Crazy athletic is not that scary in this league there is always a few coming in each year. But a Crazy Athletic dude that works hard to improve his fundamental and willing to learn is scary. In a few years he will be better than a lot middling team's franchise player. I mean ffs I like his jumper 10 times more than Blake's. Who knows if he can get a couple decent post move, some dribble move. And use his brain in defense more.

Totally agree. about Ibaka. I wonder if he will be an all-star in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSymmetry
    Totally agree. about Ibaka. I wonder if he will be an all-star in the near future?
    He probably will, even if it's only because he's a really good player, albeit third best player, on one of the best teams in the league record wise. You know, in a few years say OKC has the best record in the league and Ibaka is averaging 16-10-3, he'll probably make it.

He's averaging 15-9-3 this year on 57% shooting, but I don't think he'll make it as a reserve. This is essentially his breakout year so he doesn't really have the reputation to get in as a coach's pick. But he's just 23 years old so there's plenty of time if he stays healthy and continues to improve and progress at this rate.

Varejao would be a great fit I think. He can run the floor with that young OKC team.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Varejao would be a great fit I think. He can run the floor with that young OKC team.
    This is pretty much the trade that both teams fans want from what i've seen/heard so far, but neither GM will get "beaten" in a trade, even if it makes tons of sense.

I hope OKC do not get Andy, I feel he is overachieving like crazy. also He can turn into an injury prone and OKC will be ****ed at center spot with Collison only.
    He is busting his ass for the last big contract. It's a trap. OKC need someone young and healthy to grow with the team. of course serviceable as the get go at least.

Maybe give back Raptor pick and some other assets for Valacunas, lol the raptors.

Banned

Scrubdrick Scrubkins living up to his nickname

I usually hit open layups USABall's Avatar

I hope OKC do not get Andy, I feel he is overachieving like crazy. also He can turn into an injury prone and OKC will be ****ed at center spot with Collison only.
    He is busting his ass for the last big contract. It's a trap. OKC need someone young and healthy to grow with the team. of course serviceable as the get go at least.

Maybe give back Raptor pick and some other assets for Valacunas, lol the raptors.

excellent prediction :O

OMFG I said this 30 mins before the news break out OMFG I should be hired by a team scout