Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Da Mavs

Default Cleveland listening to offers for 1st pick from Jazz, Sixers, Wolves, Magic

@SamAmicoFSO 2m
    Told Cavs indeed having talks w Jazz but deal being mentioned a little off. Favors, Burks, #5 and #23 in play for #1 and potentially Jack
    @SamAmicoFSO 2m
    Cavs have talked w Sixers, Jazz, Magic and Timberwolves within past 24 hours, multiple sources say.
    Cavs fans, do you take that deal from Utah?? That's pretty huge. Imagine pairing Favors/Randle.

Default Re: Cleveland listening to offers for 1st pick from Jazz, Sixers, Wolves, Magic

If Utah is offering that deal then the Cavs should do it. That's a huge package for the top pick, I'd definitely be into taking that if I were the Cavs, especially with all of Embiid's injury concerns.

Default Re: Cleveland listening to offers for 1st pick from Jazz, Sixers, Wolves, Magic

I don't understand, why are they doing this? Why not just pass on Embiid? Wiggins on a rookie contract is still pretty damn awesome.

Favors is a stud who needs to be on a winning team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    I don't understand, why are they doing this? Why not just pass on Embiid? Wiggins on a rookie contract is still pretty damn awesome.
    Lebron or Melo?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I haven't liked a single offer I've heard. Take the best player and be done with it.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    Because...it's the Cavs. You have Wiggins who has the tools to be a great defender, elite level athleticism in a league that's geared towards it and he actually wants to be on the Cavs. I think they're over thinking this.

Da Mavs

I'd imagine they're exploring all of their options before going forward. Bummer that Embiid isn't healthy, or this would have been a no brainer.

Embiid's injuries messed a lot of things up. They should jump on that Jazz deal. 4-5 years from now it might be a horrible decision if Wiggins or Parker are legit superstars...but as of right now that deal sounds pretty damn good.

Favors and Burks are right around Kyrie's age at 22, two more great pieces for that young core. Quality players that'll keep their youth and ceiling high, but are also good enough to make a strong impact from the start. Favors especially. Then you throw in Vonleh or Randle with the #5, and someone like Payne, Cappella, or McGary with the #23 for backup PF/C, or maybe Shabazz Napier for backup PG. All while dumping Jack, damn.

Kyrie/Napier
    Waiters/Burks
    Gee/Miles
    TT/Vonleh
    Favors/Varejao

The only weakness there would be SF, which they could easily fix in free agency, by signing someone like Ariza, Hayward, Wes Johnson, Xavier Henry, etc. Hope Blatt comes in and makes it all work, and if it does, that team might make the 2nd round of the playoffs.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    I'd imagine they're exploring all of their options before going forward. Bummer that Embiid isn't healthy, or this would have been a no brainer.
    It's still a no-brainer. The Cavs biggest needs were a center and a small forward. Sure, the center is hurt and that sucks, but the next two best players are SFs. Right now, the closest thing we have to a starting caliber SF is Alonzo Gee.

Take your favorite and move on to the next issue.

Wow that is a huge package for the Cavs. Favors and Burks plus 2 first rd picks? Unless Cavs really want Wiggins or Parker. Because at 5 what are you left with? Parker, Wiggins, Embiid, Exum will be gone. So now what? I can see why Cavs wouldnt do it but I can see why they would. I'm torn.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Wow that is a huge package for the Cavs. Favors and Burks plus 2 first rd picks? Unless Cavs really want Wiggins or Parker. Because at 5 what are you left with? Parker, Wiggins, Embiid, Exum will be gone. So now what? I can see why Cavs wouldnt do it but I can see why they would. I'm torn.
    could get randle or possible vonleh at 5 still.

magic apparently offered afflalo + #4 + #12
    i don't believe it though.

You trade the #1 pick for Love or Melo if that's what it takes to get Lebron to come. Other than that, you just draft Wiggins. You don't trade Wiggins for quantity over quality. It makes no sense.

Cleveland makes shit harder for themselves than it needs to be.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    magic apparently offered afflalo + #4 + #12
    i don't believe it though.
    dunno, we may have considering there is a point where we would have too many rookies on our team.