View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 01:04 AM   #235
guy
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: The GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
you just said "who said anything about stats" and then talk about laimbeers stats. , cuz thats what your compring the two on and not the situations each player had to play in.look at the whole body of work not just stats do you think that if he (williams) started his whole career he would average a double doubleor close to it? and also he was an upgrade from longley if i were to rate him on a 1 10 scale id give him a 7 laimbeer an 8.5. remember he didnt play the whole season with any team and came to the bulls rusty and went straight to the playoffs and had a crash course in the triangle.

when i compare team to team i go by if they were at full strength injury free and try to make things equalized as far as pace and the time each team played. the reason why i do this this way is because there are so many variables in sports that nothing is cut n dry. so when i compare teams i dont include if kareem had an ankle sprain or pippen had a back injury or if williams played 9 games and was rusty.

I mentioned stats cause you said Brian Williams' numbers as a starter would be close to Laimbeer's. Laimbeer had better stats on a much better team then any team Brian Williams started for. And like I said why even mention Brian Williams when its all based on potential? What did he do that was very notable with the Bulls? Why when talking about the greatness of the Bulls dynasty would you put a guy that played 15 mpg for 9 games in the same breath as guys like Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Harper, etc.?
guy is offline   Reply With Quote