Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: GTA San Andreas - Supply Lines

Worst mission in San Andreas was "Follow the damn train CJ"

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Picker
    It wasn't too bad once you figured it out. The problem was when you failed you were miles away from the the start of the mission, so having to start again was a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Picker
    this.

i must have spent more time failing that mission that it took me to complete all others combined loll

GOAT hardest mission

I tried that mission countless times, physically impossible for me to do. Had to give one of my buddies in school my memory card so he could beat it for me.

Supply Lines was the reason why I quit playing San Andreas. I would play the game now but I no longer own a PS2.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

This shit makes me want to dig my PS2 outta the attic. Probably doesn't work anymore though.

NBA Superstar

I was playing GTA San Andreas with my little brothers over the weekend and we came across the mission "Supply Lines", but I couldn't figure out why it sounded so familiar. Then I saw this thread today and realized I'd read through this before.

Anyway, I'm not a gaming genius and I probably just got lucky, but I beat Supply Lines on the first try this weekend. I even sputtered into a couple of buildings and fell to the ground at the start. I was telling my brothers how I thought I'd heard that mission was supposed to be tough but I assumed I must have mis-remembered. We actually plowed through Zero's missions quite quickly. My brother did the one where you shoot down planes from the roof and it took me two or three times to do the one with the helicopter and the miniature model area.

NBA Superstar

Also, it's been said, but I'm pretty sure I'm on the same boat as those who believe San Andreas to be superior to GTAIV. One of my brothers, a big fan of IV who'd avoided San Andreas because he's a teen who couldn't look past SA's graphics, even had to admit - just after 10-15 minutes of gametime - that San Andreas just has more things to explore, toggle, and manipulate.

In IV, outside of the storyline, things seemed to dry up relatively quickly, to the point where it mostly just felt like one was wandering aimlessly, with no real chance of getting much of anything accomplished. In San Andreas, it's just a smorgasbord of everything: police missions, firefighting, ambulance rescue, cycling races, race car races, robbing pizza parlors, swimming underwater, customizing cars, discovering dune buggies on the beach, mountain climbing, jumping out of planes and parachuting into Las Vegas... it honestly felt there was 20 times more things to do in SA than IV.

For those thinking about giving it another run, I say go for it. The biggest obstacle is growing accustomed to the older graphics. It was tough for me to adapt at first (I didn't think I'd be able to, with the lame sight distances and whatnot) but I adjusted, and things worked out great.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 11-26-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I was playing GTA San Andreas with my little brothers over the weekend and we came across the mission "Supply Lines", but I couldn't figure out why it sounded so familiar. Then I saw this thread today and realized I'd read through this before.

Anyway, I'm not a gaming genius and I probably just got lucky, but I beat Supply Lines on the first try this weekend. I even sputtered into a couple of buildings and fell to the ground at the start. I was telling my brothers how I thought I'd heard that mission was supposed to be tough but I assumed I must have mis-remembered. We actually plowed through Zero's missions quite quickly. My brother did the one where you shoot down planes from the roof and it took me two or three times to do the one with the helicopter and the miniature model area.
    Air Raids can NOT be completed during the night, it's literally impossible to see the planes from a distance. That is by far the toughest Zero mission. Supply Lines is actually easy if you do the flying school first or just control the analog stick with sensitivity.

The final fire truck mission was the toughest for me. But only because it was so damn tricky to get up that damn truck. It's one of those missions that is very easy but you keep dying because you're not focusing enough since you perceive it to be rather easy. Ya know what I'm saying?

It's like Uncharted with plat-forming. It gets repetitive so you rush through certain areas and keep on dying over and over again, even though if you just took your time; you'd beat it without a sweat. Crash Bandicoot is another perfect example of that, Mario games as well.

NBA Superstar

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Banned

The worst mission was learning how to fly a plane. That shit took me weeks and almost made me snap my disc in half.

Yeah, each of the Zero missions we did came during the day.

Also, are you talking about the Fire Truck Missions where you steal a fire truck and click R3 to initiate them? If so, that's another one that went extremely smoothly for me. We did it in San Fierro by our little garage. We had about 5 minutes to spare by the time we finished level 12.

On the flip side, I gave the police missions a shot while on a police motorcycle. I made it to level 4 on my first go around then failed. I can't remember if that one was tough for me in the past or not. I didn't have a lot of weaponry, so that could have been part of it.
    No bro, I am talking about the very last mission where you're chasing the cop and trying to save your brother Sweet (he's hanging off the ladder of the truck). It's called End of the Line I believe or something of sorts.

I am tempted to play this game now, it's my favorite non-modern game of all-time.

If I had to rank my five favorites games of all-time:

Uncharted 3
    Uncharted 2
    San Andreas
    007: Goldeneye
    Red Dead Redemption

NBA Superstar

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Oh I gotcha now. I forgot about that mission, for I do not believe I've played it since '05.

Nice top five too. I never got into the Uncharteds, but those last three choices are right up my alley. I didn't buy Red Dead Redemption until earlier this year, but I'm glad I finally did. I'd say it's undoubtedly in my Top Five all-time.
    Have you played the Uncharted series or just didn't like it?
    I also loved the original Max Payne and Max Payne 2 (on Xbox); Combat Evolved and Super Mario 3 (SNES).

Original Driver on PlayStation 1 was a game I put in a lot of hours. Same with GTA 3 (didn't like Vice City too much though for some reason). As a revisionist, I'm actually forgetting what were my favorite old gen games now. I used to love Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and basically all of the Mario games. But I played MOSTLY sport games on SNES when I was an adolescent.

NBA Superstar

[QUOTE=rhythmic