Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: LeBron James right now is the best player of all time

His rank all time is rising, but he will never be considered better than Michael Jordan. He can overtake Kobe, but at this moment kobe is greater all time. He can't overtake Jordan for a number of reasons

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

If we are talking career, not even close yet.

If we are talking about peak, then there are still several. LeBron's peak right now though may be the best since Shaq's. There is more of a debate between peak LeBron and peak Kobe IMO, but Shaq's peak is clearly better than both of those to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Just like the Heat had HCA when LeBron put on the biggest choking barrage in sports history.

Dude was biting his fingernails on the sideline and looked like he was terrified. I'm sorry, but that just doesn't go away. It never will. The championship took off the pressure only momentarily. He has to do it again. And then again. He just doesn't have that in him. He got incredibly motivated for one season and put his demons aside temporarily. It will all come back full force this year. Sorry but 1 isn't good enough, and the moment that hits him, is the moment he folds just like we all witnessed not too long ago. The guy is a born quitter.
    Bron has been obsessively biting his nails since he got into the league. I made this thread back in 2008 >>>> http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=108516

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Why has LeBron still not learned to stop biting his nails on he bench?

I swear every game the camera zooms to him sitting on the bench and you see him munching away on his nails. With how image conscious he supposedly is you would think somebody would tell him to cut that out. That really doesn't go along with the image they're trying to build of him.
    Last edited by 2LeTTeRS; 01-25-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Yay?

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Bron has been obsessively biting his nails since he got into the league. I made this thread back in 2008 >>>> http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=108516
    And...... your point? It obviously stems from being nervous, which is why he's a choker in the first place.

Lebron with Jordan's mentality would have been up there for the debate.

What does "best player of all time" even mean? There were amazing players in the history of the league. Guess if i had to name one it would have to be Jordan cause he changed Basketball. He made it an awesome sport for people who wren't fans before.

I've never seen a more dominant player than prime Shaq. He was like a videogame character noone could defend. The NBA had to change rules because of him.

The players i respect the most are the overachievers. That's Kobe and Wade for me. I know their fanbases would never agree on anything but these 2 guys are amazing. They achieved all they have achieved because of their winning mentality and hard work and no matter what team you root for you have to appreciate what they've done in their career.

Lebron is clearly better than God.

Whenever he dunks, a universe is created.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

I basically feel he can't overtake MJ no matter what because he can never have that unblemished finals record. But if he surpasses or equals MJ in both MVPs (5) and rings (6), then it's a viable conversation. Call me if Lebron has 4 rings and we'll see what the chances are.

Edit - one other point. Think about the careers of Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, just to name a few. I honestly think if Lebron played in MJs time he would have suffered the same fate, by virtue of mental toughness alone. I don't think Lebron is mentally soft (anymore), but MJ would have protracted Lebron's early struggles and used it to destroy him.
    Last edited by Mrofir; 01-25-2013 at 06:03 PM.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    I basically feel he can't overtake MJ no matter what because he can never have that unblemished finals record. But if he surpasses or equals MJ in both MVPs (5) and rings (6), then it's a viable conversation. Call me if Lebron has 4 rings and we'll see what the chances are.

Edit - one other point. Think about the careers of Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, just to name a few. I honestly think if Lebron played in MJs time he would have suffered the same fate, by virtue of mental toughness alone. I don't think Lebron is mentally soft (anymore), but MJ would have protracted Lebron's early struggles and used it to destroy him.
    pretty much this...yes

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir

There are 100 valid reasons why LeBron will never catch MJ. This is not one of them. It is better to have taken a team to the Finals than to have lost in the first round. Its a nonsensical argument. If a player can't even get his team into the playoffs its better than another player taking his team to the Finals and losing??

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    There are 100 valid reasons why LeBron will never catch MJ. This is not one of them. It is better to have taken a team to the Finals than to have lost in the first round. Its a nonsensical argument. If a player can't even get his team into the playoffs its better than another player taking his team to the Finals and losing??
    it isn't about his team losing, it is about the fact that he played awful

NBA Fan

Lebron will go down as one of the all-time greats, but as of right now, and most likely for a very long time, no one will be able to dethrone MJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WR86xLSITc

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid

MJ lost in the first round to some legendary teams, and that was part of the making of his legacy. The "legacy", ie somewhat subjective part HAS to factor in to figuring out who the GOAT is. Otherwise we're just counting numbers from different eras.

The fact that once MJ got a taste of the finals, he kept coming back and winning, is a CRITICAL part of his legacy. If he had won his 6 rings in a 1010101 configuration instead of 3-peats, and had not shut out legends like Barkley and Malone, the debate around GOAT would be much more active. It's an argument based on perceptions, but the fact is if you watched basketball back in those days, MJ owned the league and had a mental edge on everyone that he rode to those 6 championships. Nobody has come close to doing that. LBJ doesn't just need 6 rings to compete with MJ, he needs some of them in succession. He needs to build that edge that nobody else has.
    Last edited by Mrofir; 01-25-2013 at 06:16 PM.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    it isn't about his team losing, it is about the fact that he played awful
    Which is one of the 100 other reasons. But to say Jordan was perfect in the Finals ignores the fact that he won 6 titles but lost in the playoffs 7 times.

Its also important to point out that at no point during MJs career was it legal to play zone defense. That is essentially entirely how LeBron has been defended, especially in the playoffs.

I absolutely agree. He may not have the career MJ had but he is definitely a better overall player.