Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Straight Hardcore percelloveknicks's Avatar

Default Re: Lin agrees to terms with the Houston Rockets

All the teams know the knicks organization is soft as hell, we are always gonna be taking advantage of. Always giving away our first round picks for second round players, overpaying for middle of the road players, no bs alot of guys on this forum ideas are alot better than anything the fo does.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Why do I get the feeling we will still bring Lin back? Felton is only making 10 mil over three years...which is only a mil over what Kidd makes.

Im starting to get the same feeling, this dumbass organization is pathetic. The contract started with 4 yrs 25 million, with a big increase in the last yr. Now the rockets get grimey by shortening the years with the same amount of dough!!!! Also in the last year the rockets pay 8 million, while the knicks have to pay 15 million.

Quote Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
    Im starting to get the same feeling, this dumbass organization is pathetic. The contract started with 4 yrs 25 million, with a big increase in the last yr. Now the rockets get grimey by shortening the years with the same amount of dough!!!! Also in the last year the rockets pay 8 million, while the knicks have to pay 15 million.
    Yea, I heard about that. How does that work? You have any literature explaining it? It'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    Yea, I heard about that. How does that work? You have any literature explaining it? It'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    nah man im sorry, i got the info from tweets from frank isola and mark berman from the post.

Quote Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
    nah man im sorry, i got the info from tweets from frank isola and mark berman from the post.
    Its all good. Ill do some research n see what I can find.I

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Red"]sayonarra to lin.

Lin and Houston did nothing wrong IMHO. its a business and the Knicks took a risk by allowing Lin to find his market value.

I am highly supportive of athletes getting there money. if the knicks dont want to pay thats there problem.[/COLOR]

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Red"]The original offer was 9 mill with a team option but they upped the offer to 14 mill the 3rd year to put the Knicks in luxury tax hell.[/COLOR]

good luck houston, enjoy linsanity (dolan should have trademark that to the knicks)

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    [COLOR="Red"]sayonarra to lin.

Lin and Houston did nothing wrong IMHO. its a business and the Knicks took a risk by allowing Lin to find his market value.

I am highly supportive of athletes getting there money. if the knicks dont want to pay thats there problem.[/COLOR]
    I agree. Lin chose to take the wiser business decision over familiarity. I can't blame him for that. At the same time, there are a lot of ignorant Knicks fans that will blame Dolan and the Knicks front office for not matching...when essentially they did the same thing. Lin going to Houston is the best decision financially in his opinion. Us not matching was the best business decision also. No love lost here. I enjoyed him as a Knick while he was here and I'm happy he brought excitement to the Garden and NYC. I wish the kid good luck. He's certainly gonna need it. He has to face Paul, Nash, Westbrook, Parker, Lawson, Rubio and Curry 4 times each.

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Red"]I like him and i really wish other knick players had his work ethic. You can bash him on the way out not me he's a winner. Now he's getting paid. I thought he was a good match with Melo especially with Stat not being a contributor most nights. He could have been that robin to his batman.

lin h8terz better pray felton comes to play mentally and physically.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    I agree. Lin chose to take the wiser business decision over familiarity. I can't blame him for that. At the same time, there are a lot of ignorant Knicks fans that will blame Dolan and the Knicks front office for not matching...when essentially they did the same thing. Lin going to Houston is the best decision financially in his opinion. Us not matching was the best business decision also. No love lost here. I enjoyed him as a Knick while he was here and I'm happy he brought excitement to the Garden and NYC. I wish the kid good luck. He's certainly gonna need it. He has to face Paul, Nash, Westbrook, Parker, Lawson, Rubio and Curry 4 times each.

NY Post:

Just four days ago, Woodson gushed that the Knicks would

Krust Kingz

[COLOR="Red"]Doesnt matter what the luxury tax hit would be. I rather make a play for CP3 next season or someone like of that ilk. At least go in the luxury tax zone for an established star and not potential. I do believe he will turn out to be a top 3rd PG but not after 26 games.

I am a big supporter of giving Lin a chance but he isnt worth it. [/COLOR]

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    Doesnt matter what the luxury tax hit would be. I rather make a play for CP3 next season or someone like of that ilk. At least go in the luxury tax zone for an established star and not potential. I do believe he will turn out to be a top 3rd PG but not after 26 games.

I am a big supporter of giving Lin a chance but he isnt worth it.
    So you think Jeremy Lin will be a top 10 PG in the NBA?
    Last edited by Da KO King; 07-16-2012 at 04:03 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

You could possibly use Lin to trade to LA. I am sure Sterling would love the money Lin brings to the team.