View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 03:33 AM   #50
Clippersfan86
Clipper Nation Soldier

Default Re: Chris Paul is starting to test my patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by notatop29pg
Theres only one player on the roster that IS playing up to expectations, or above. And thats Crawford.

When youve got one player who is a 9 out of 10 guy and the rest are 5/6/7 out of 10 guys, do you push the 9 to be a 10? Or should you expect the other guys to lift?

When you see how easy he can score when he wants its frustrating to see him play passive, but you KNOW it changes come playoffs. What you dont know, is how DJ, Griff, JC and CB are going to react when CP3 is shut down or out.

Yes you do have a championship calibre team, thats right.. TEAM. Youve got two franchise builders. Why isnt BG scoring 25 when CP3 his having a down night? its not like Paul shoots a lot? Does the most athletic PF of the last 15 years need someone to constantly feed him? Why cant this championship calibre TEAM seem to pull out a win when Paul is playing bad?

Also dont forget Vinny is playing them almost 4 minutes per game less than normal.

Paul is the teams undisputed best clutch player and closer. The burden of finishing games is rightfully on his shoulders. Everybody knows Blake hasn't proven sh** yet as a young player in taking over in the clutch. All 4 Clippers loses had CP3 folding in the clutch in what were tied games with multiple chances to win and CP3 let the team down.

Last year I knew he would make SOMETHING good happen, even if it was a pass, a steal or a game winning shot. This year he just looks broken to me. Griffin has been the 2nd biggest problem on the team but as I said in the OP Griffin is in the beginning of his 3rd season, isn't a top 5 player and a superstar. The expectations I have for the players will obviously be different.

I've criticized Griffin a bunch lately for being passive as shit and looking mentally weak but CP3's play is more important to the team than Griffin's.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote