Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: What makes Kevin Durant better than Derrick Rose?

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Kinda hard to get assists when you have a PG like Russell Westbrook on your team.
    Kinda easy to get assists with 32% USG

Quote Originally Posted by VishaltotheG
    to his defense, you did say lately

Personally. I think Durant is a better player. not by much tho. drose has been a beast this season

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    to his defense, you did say lately
    when did I say lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Kinda easy to get assists with 32% USG
    Usage is FGA + TO, has nothing to do with assists. If a guy shoots and drives everytime and gets stripped once or twice, he'll have a high usage rate.

For this topic, so far Rose has played about as well as Durant. Durant by the end of the season though will probably end up being viewed as the better player, but so far, Rose has a slight advantage.

Welllllllllll
    TS%
    /joyner.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by YouCallILose
    Durant averages 28 ppg on 20 FGA

Rose averages 24 ppg on 20 FGA

/thread
    You also forgot to add Rose gets maybe 5 free throws a game compared to Durants 12 a game.

Great college starter

I particularly enjoy how Rose is apparently a more complete player than Durant

Durant is a better defender who averages 1.2 SPG & 1 BPG

Rose is a worse defender who averaged 1.1 SPG & .5 BPG

Durant scores 4 more ppg on MUCH better efficiency

Durant averages 2 more RPG

Durant ranks 3rd in the league in assists per game @ his position
    Rose ranks 8th in the league in assists per game @ his position

Durant is one of the best players in the league @ playing off the ball
    Rose doesn't even know what off the ball means

Bulls fans are such a fcking joke

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I find it kinda odd that guys who get fouled(or force a foul call somehow) taking a shot have people pretend they never took a shot at all. If you take 20 shots and 10-12 free throws you probably made 23-25 efforts to score by shooting at the basket. That you got brushed one some doesnt mean the play didnt happen.

I wish we had ISH around back in the day with stat freaks pointing out that Dantley was scoring 31 a game on 18 shots acting like he was the best player in the league. Or Karl Malone scoring 31 a game on 19. Pointing out that Jordan never even took as few as 19 shots a game till he was 39 even though he scored under the 31 they managed on 19 or less 5 times(not counting 86 and 95 even).

Id love to see a topic from 92 with "Jordan is scoring 30...but hes taking 23 shots a game! Karl Malone is at 28...on FOUR less shots! And he has a higher TS%! And a higher efg% even though Jordan is a guard and gets 3s! But Jordan is the best scorer in the league? Lol. Let me explain the compumetrics that make that a joke".

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I find it kinda odd that guys who get fouled(or force a foul call somehow) taking a shot have people pretend they never took a shot at all. If you take 20 shots and 10-12 free throws you probably made 23-25 efforts to score by shooting at the basket. That you got brushed one some doesnt mean the play didnt happen.

I wish we had ISH around back in the day with stat freaks pointing out that Dantley was scoring 31 a game on 18 shots acting like he was the best player in the league. Or Karl Malone scoring 31 a game on 19. Pointing out that Jordan never even took as few as 19 shots a game till he was 39 even though he scored under the 31 they managed on 19 or less 5 times(not counting 86 and 95 even).

Id love to see a topic from 92 with "Jordan is scoring 30...but hes taking 23 shots a game! Karl Malone is at 28...on FOUR less shots! And he has a higher TS%! And a higher efg% even though Jordan is a guard and gets 3s! But Jordan is the best scorer in the league? Lol. Let me explain the compumetrics that make that a joke".
    durant has a higher FG%, eFG%, TS%, PPS, and whatever the hell else you want.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

And Karl Malone in 92 had higher numbers in all of those than Jordan. I didnt know it...but I wish I did. I could have stopped caring about them 20 years earlier.

Oh and he does not have higher version of "whatever the hell else you want". Because I want to win. Id like to be able to rely on my guy when it matters. I dont care if Karl has higher...everything shooting. I dont care about his PPS. If I need my best player to go back to back to back on 3 posessions to keep my season going because everyone else is having an off night...Jordan can do that for me on a pretty regular basis. Karl can...sometimes. Far less.

What do all those numbers matter when you are still somehow less reliable?

Has nothing to do with Rose or Durant. I dont care if anyone wants Durant. I wouldnt trade rose for him. But I dont care if his fans owuldnt trade him for Rose. Irrelevant shit to me.

But if the reasons one way or another are a string of numbers nobody in the real world gives a **** about....and nobody needed to know who the best was for the last 60 years...I just find it odd.

Just...odd.

There are basketball reasons to take either one of them. No doubt a case could be made by someone actually talking about basketball skills. But the love of numbers push such issues to the back and leave the primary cases being made on TI-83s instead of by pointing out who plays basketball best on the floor. All our numbers combined might account for 45 seconds of 40 minutes of gameplay and people will still lean on them as if they have nothing better. I bet in 20 years we weont even have highlights of games. Just a box score with 38 stats scroll by as Sportscenter douchebags scream about some guys absurd PPHOLA(Points per heartbeat over league average) rating. These are the end times for people who...just like basketball.

And I bet I was way off on the Ti-83 wasnt I? What is the standard now? I believe I saw a few Ti-86s in classrooms before I was done with school. I could see you knowing such a thing. Im...quite old it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    And Karl Malone in 92 had higher numbers in all of those than Jordan. I didnt know it...but I wish I did. I could have stopped caring about them 20 years earlier.

Oh and he does not have higher version of "whatever the hell else you want". Because I want to win. Id like to be able to rely on my guy when it matters. I dont care if Karl has higher...everything shooting. I dont care about his PPS. If I need my best player to go back to back to back on 3 posessions to keep my season going because everyone else is having an off night...Jordan can do that for me on a pretty regular basis. Karl can...sometimes. Far less.

What do all those numbers matter when you are still somehow less reliable?

Has nothing to do with Rose or Durant. I dont care if anyone wants Durant. I wouldnt trade rose for him. But I dont care if his fans owuldnt trade him for Rose. Irrelevant shit to me.

But if the reasons one way or another are a string of numbers nobody in the real world gives a **** about....and nobody needed to know who the best was for the last 60 years...I just find it odd.

Just...odd.

There are basketball reasons to take either one of them. No doubt a case could be made by someone actually talking about basketball skills. But the love of numbers push such issues to the back and leave the primary cases being made on TI-83s instead of by pointing out who plays basketball best on the floor. All our numbers combined might account for 45 seconds of 40 minutes of gameplay and people will still lean on them as if they have nothing better. I bet in 20 years we weont even have highlights of games. Just a box score with 38 stats scroll by as Sportscenter douchebags scream about some guys absurd PPHOLA(Points per heartbeat over league average) rating. These are the end times for people who...just like basketball.

And I bet I was way off on the Ti-83 wasnt I? What is the standard now? I believe I saw a few Ti-86s in classrooms before I was done with school. I could see you knowing such a thing. Im...quite old it seems.
    great post.

and I think ti-84 is the standard now.

Banned

I don't know. They're pretty equal, but based on a somewhat small sample size KD seems like a chocker and D-Rose seems like the opposite. I'm going to reserve my judgement of both of them until they play some meaningful playoff games though.

Per 40?

Now a Cavs fan again

If Rose got the calls Kevin "playoff choker" Durant gets, he'd probably be averaging 27 ppg and 8 apg right now.

Notice how all Durant homers can point to is scoring. Please, his defense stinks. His team ranks a whopping 16th defensively. Rose's team ranks 1st. It sure as hell can't be all Carlos Boozer and Kurt Thomas.

What does Kevin Durant do in the playoffs? Ask the Lakers last year when he single handedly lost them the series with his pitiful 35% FG shooting on 20+ FGA/game.