Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Chris Paul is starting to test my patience

Quote Originally Posted by notatop29pg
    Ive watched every single game. Just like i watched all of his games as a hornet. He's been this way the last 5 years. Get everyone else involved 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Step up if needed. Of course there are gonna be times when it doesnt work out.

Your teams pretty muched got a revamped 2nd 5 and youre crying how many games into the season?

You moan about players (generally paul) through every single game thread, then disappear when he turns it around in the 4th, which happens far more often than it doesnt.

Just remember where the clippers would be without him. They wouldnt even be in sight of playoffs. You can have Gorden back, Davis and Aminu and you wouldnt win 35 games.

But i think what your really after is someone to have cool stats.
    Chris Paul also never had a championship caliber supporting cast. This team is WAY too loaded to make excuses for CP3. CP3 has had 5 good games out of 12 this year and I expected him to potentially have a career year with the weapons around him. He's in terrible shape, he's getting burned on defense by everybody, he's airballing and bricking open shots left and right, he's waiting WAY too long to shoot the ball and having more turnovers than usual.

I don't care if CP3's been this way for 5 years, it's not going to work with this team and the Clippers roster is nothing like the Hornets ones.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Honestly though I watched the game tonight beginning til end and Chris Paul wasn't your problem at all. The clippers biggest problems were:

-Lopez shitting on Ryan Hollins and deandre in iso sets over and over.
    -Joe Johnson shooting the ball well
    - much better hustle plays by Gerald Wallace and especially reggie Evans who grabbed a bunch of offensive rebounds in the 4th that allowed us to finally get some separation right before the starters came back in.

Dwill honestly didn't play that great. He wasn't controlling the game that we'll, he was missing crucial wide open threes, and in general he couldn't really break down the clips d that we'll.

Paul was running circles around our defense all game getting mismatches with our big men and making our players scramble to rotate to whoever it is was left wide open in the process. It wasn't til the end when he didn't convert on 2 or 3 critical opportunities that I was a little surprised. But you can't expect cp to dominate and make every play every time. No one else on the team was doing shit. Jamal Crawford is easy to guard when you have two big men who can't shoot. Defend for the shot let him drive and hard help or just soft double. And that's what bk did.

Good High School Starter notatop29pg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Chris Paul also never had a championship caliber supporting cast. This team is WAY too loaded to make excuses for CP3. CP3 has had 5 good games out of 12 this year and I expected him to potentially have a career year with the weapons around him. He's in terrible shape, he's getting burned on defense by everybody, he's airballing and bricking open shots left and right, he's waiting WAY too long to shoot the ball and having more turnovers than usual.

I don't care if CP3's been this way for 5 years, it's not going to work with this team and the Clippers roster is nothing like the Hornets ones.
    Theres only one player on the roster that IS playing up to expectations, or above. And thats Crawford.

When youve got one player who is a 9 out of 10 guy and the rest are 5/6/7 out of 10 guys, do you push the 9 to be a 10? Or should you expect the other guys to lift?

When you see how easy he can score when he wants its frustrating to see him play passive, but you KNOW it changes come playoffs. What you dont know, is how DJ, Griff, JC and CB are going to react when CP3 is shut down or out.

Yes you do have a championship calibre team, thats right.. TEAM. Youve got two franchise builders. Why isnt BG scoring 25 when CP3 his having a down night? its not like Paul shoots a lot? Does the most athletic PF of the last 15 years need someone to constantly feed him? Why cant this championship calibre TEAM seem to pull out a win when Paul is playing bad?

Also dont forget Vinny is playing them almost 4 minutes per game less than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Honestly though I watched the game tonight beginning til end and Chris Paul wasn't your problem at all. The clippers biggest problems were:

- much better hustle plays by Gerald Wallace and especially reggie Evans who grabbed a bunch of offensive rebounds in the 4th that allowed us to finally get some separation right before the starters came back in.

Dwill honestly didn't play that great. He wasn't controlling the game that we'll, he was missing crucial wide open threes, and in general he couldn't really break down the clips d that we'll.

Paul was running circles around our defense all game getting mismatches with our big men and making our players scramble to rotate to whoever it is was left wide open in the process. It wasn't til the end when he didn't convert on 2 or 3 critical opportunities that I was a little surprised. But you can't expect cp to dominate and make every play every time. No one else on the team was doing shit. Jamal Crawford is easy to guard when you have two big men who can't shoot. Defend for the shot let him drive and hard help or just soft double. And that's what bk did.
    Well said.

Count the dropped lobs, dribbles of feet, brain explosions by Barnes/Bledsoe, Butler and Green bricking open J's..

In the whole game the only thing i was disappointed with from CP3 was the missed layup towards the end.

Theres only one player on the roster that IS playing up to expectations, or above. And thats Crawford.

When youve got one player who is a 9 out of 10 guy and the rest are 5/6/7 out of 10 guys, do you push the 9 to be a 10? Or should you expect the other guys to lift?

When you see how easy he can score when he wants its frustrating to see him play passive, but you KNOW it changes come playoffs. What you dont know, is how DJ, Griff, JC and CB are going to react when CP3 is shut down or out.

Yes you do have a championship calibre team, thats right.. TEAM. Youve got two franchise builders. Why isnt BG scoring 25 when CP3 his having a down night? its not like Paul shoots a lot? Does the most athletic PF of the last 15 years need someone to constantly feed him? Why cant this championship calibre TEAM seem to pull out a win when Paul is playing bad?

Also dont forget Vinny is playing them almost 4 minutes per game less than normal.
    Paul is the teams undisputed best clutch player and closer. The burden of finishing games is rightfully on his shoulders. Everybody knows Blake hasn't proven sh** yet as a young player in taking over in the clutch. All 4 Clippers loses had CP3 folding in the clutch in what were tied games with multiple chances to win and CP3 let the team down.

Last year I knew he would make SOMETHING good happen, even if it was a pass, a steal or a game winning shot. This year he just looks broken to me. Griffin has been the 2nd biggest problem on the team but as I said in the OP Griffin is in the beginning of his 3rd season, isn't a top 5 player and a superstar. The expectations I have for the players will obviously be different.

I've criticized Griffin a bunch lately for being passive as shit and looking mentally weak but CP3's play is more important to the team than Griffin's.

What's unrealistic about expecting a superstar to perform like one? LOL at you still being angry at me about your sensitive racism card and personally attacking me.
    No, as a baller who has the utmost respect for CP3 and any pro really because I know my max potential was D1 benchwarmer It's insulting to see someone so out of shape and lame when it comes to hoops attack a gem like Paul.

A few games go by and you whine and moan....CP3 is as good as it gets, and you couldn't even last five minutes physically in an NBA game and youre calling him fat and lazy....smh

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

DJ did fine and had 12 and 13 in only 24 minutes. Didn't shoot well, stupid fouls etc but Lopez didn't "shit" on a player that only got to play half the game. Lopez is a great scoring center but didn't do much else so that isn't the main reason the Clippers lost.

Joe Johnson had it easy playing against a 6'3 200 pound SG most of the night and that was definitely a big factor.

Haven't been keeping up with D Will this year and frankly don't care enough about his play to criticize it. This is supposed to be CP3's year to finally get something significant done where he has zero excuses and so far I'm hating what I'm seeing. Last year he looked so incredible, this year he looks so average and easy to stop at times that it worries me.

I just get this bad feeling that he's not going to be able to just suddenly flip it around.

Paul is the teams undisputed best clutch player and closer. The burden of finishing games is rightfully on his shoulders. Everybody knows Blake hasn't proven sh** yet as a young player in taking over in the clutch. All 4 Clippers loses had CP3 folding in the clutch in what were tied games with multiple chances to win and CP3 let the team down.

Last year I knew he would make SOMETHING good happen, even if it was a pass, a steal or a game winning shot. This year he just looks broken to me. Griffin has been the 2nd biggest problem on the team but as I said in the OP Griffin is in the beginning of his 3rd season, isn't a top 5 player and a superstar. The expectations I have for the players will obviously be different.

I've criticized Griffin a bunch lately for being passive as shit and looking mentally weak but CP3's play is more important to the team than Griffin's.
    Thats where your problem lies, who is easier to close out in a physical hard hitting playoff game? a 6 foot 27yr old who isnt as quick as he used to be? or a hyper athletic 6"10 powerhouse? Its time for Blake to step up and stamp his name on this team. I'd much prefer to be relying on someone who can jump over anyone from 10 feet out in a playoff game, rather than a barely 6" pg who needs every single trick in the book to just get a shot off, let alone make one.

Come playoffs Paul will sit on around 20/10/4/2 as usual, but when lebron/kobe/sefolosha/Kawhi are guarding him on the perimeter and there is a mismatch somewhere... who is gonna step up? Thats what the regular season is there for, to find out.

Blake needs to assert himself and get active, its not all on him, but he sets his pick then watches... doesnt roll or do anything else. He's either shotting 18 footers or backing down for that little hook. The hook is great, but the rest is pretty average, especially considering some of the space he is given, he just needs to stop hesitating. Then the whole floor opens up for everyone.

And for what its worth...

The Hornets team with D.West, Chandler, Peja and Paul would spit this Clippers team out.

Thats where your problem lies, who is easier to close out in a physical hard hitting playoff game? a 6 foot 27yr old who isnt as quick as he used to be? or a hyper athletic 6"10 powerhouse? Its time for Blake to step up and stamp his name on this team. I'd much prefer to be relying on someone who can jump over anyone from 10 feet out in a playoff game, rather than a barely 6" pg who needs every single trick in the book to just get a shot off, let alone make one.

Come playoffs Paul will sit on around 20/10/4/2 as usual, but when lebron/kobe/sefolosha/Kawhi are guarding him on the perimeter and there is a mismatch somewhere... who is gonna step up? Thats what the regular season is there for, to find out.

Blake needs to assert himself and get active, its not all on him, but he sets his pick then watches... doesnt roll or do anything else. He's either shotting 18 footers or backing down for that little hook. The hook is great, but the rest is pretty average, especially considering some of the space he is given, he just needs to stop hesitating. Then the whole floor opens up for everyone.

And for what its worth...

The Hornets team with D.West, Chandler, Peja and Paul would spit this Clippers team out.
    Lol this Clippers squad would beat those Hornets in 5 if you take CP3 off both teams, stop it. Remember CP3 was at his peak at that time.... his supporting cast now is much better. Hornets supporting pieces were respectable, these ones are very good.

Blake isn't doing all he can either. I think both deserve a majority of the blame for the losses this year. As I said though naturally the better player, the highest paid player and the proven SUPERSTAR is going to take more blame than the 3rd year all star PF.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

DJ did fine and had 12 and 13 in only 24 minutes. Didn't shoot well, stupid fouls etc but Lopez didn't "shit" on a player that only got to play half the game. Lopez is a great scoring center but didn't do much else so that isn't the main reason the Clippers lost.

Joe Johnson had it easy playing against a 6'3 200 pound SG most of the night and that was definitely a big factor.

Haven't been keeping up with D Will this year and frankly don't care enough about his play to criticize it. This is supposed to be CP3's year to finally get something significant done where he has zero excuses and so far I'm hating what I'm seeing. Last year he looked so incredible, this year he looks so average and easy to stop at times that it worries me.

I just get this bad feeling that he's not going to be able to just suddenly flip it around.
    Yes lopez did shit on dj and Hollins. On top of his game leading 26 points he had two back to back plays with under 3 minutes against dj where he slid past him and got two layups. Dj played a good game but he couldn't really guard lopez that we'll. And Hollins couldn't guard him at all.

And Joe Johnson has a size advantage on every two guard in the league. He's the biggest shooting guard by a lot and has that advantage in nearly every game he plays. Despite that he's been in a shooting funk but he really got up for this one.

And cp3 wasn't average at all this game. He was creating mismatches at will and hitting his big men in great spots.. Not his fault Blake is gonna dribble the ball off his foot in a tight game down the stretch.. Or one of his centers is going to mishandled pages in the paint and cough the ball up.. Or none of his perimeter players could make a long range shot when he needed them to besides Crawford.

Like I said there were a two or three plays where he missed a critical shot and made a shitty pass. That one bunny from ten feet away where our guard got trapped under a screen.. A layup.. That offensive foul that dwill sold 100 percent.. He didn't convert on a few crucial possessions but that won't be the case evry game. What will be the case however is that he will continue to break down defenses and give his team a ton of high quality looks. So you have to settle down sometimes when he makes a mistake or two in a regular season game

Which Tpols is why it's a bad idea for you to form an opinion of CP3 based on this game when my thread is about 7 out of 12 games this year where he's been mediocre. I wouldn't make such a lengthy rant about one bad game man . Even so I disagree that CP3 played well, at least nowhere near CP3 standards. All the mistake plays you're mentioning were so so costly. Don't forget his attempt to scoop a pass to DJ in the paint in what could have made it a 1 or 3 point game and he passed it right to a Nets player instead.

Lol this Clippers squad would beat those Hornets in 5 if you take CP3 off both teams, stop it. Remember CP3 was at his peak at that time.... his supporting cast now is much better. Hornets supporting pieces were respectable, these ones are very good.

Blake isn't doing all he can either. I think both deserve a majority of the blame for the losses this year. As I said though naturally the better player, the highest paid player and the proven SUPERSTAR is going to take more blame than the 3rd year all star PF.
    On paper Clippers win.

But the Hornets were a team where every player had an IQ that was higher than this current (healthy) Clippers squad combined.

D-West would sit 20 feet out and bury everything, leaving about 15 feet of empty space behind him for Chandler to catch lobs, Peja wouldnt miss open J's like Caron and Willie, and CP3 would have a paddock of free space to do what he wanted. Bench would bring the clippers back in it, but hack'a'Blake/DJ would seal the win.

On paper Clippers win.

But the Hornets were a team where every player had an IQ that was higher than this current (healthy) Clippers squad combined.

D-West would sit 20 feet out and bury everything, leaving about 15 feet of empty space behind him for Chandler to catch lobs, Peja wouldnt miss open J's like Caron and Willie, and CP3 would have a paddock of free space to do what he wanted. Bench would bring the clippers back in it, but hack'a'Blake/DJ would seal the win.
    I agree Hornets were more cohesive and intelligent as a team. Either way I agree it's not all on CP3. In other threads I've ripped Griffin, Vinny and other players. This is just more thread worthy because CP3 is so polarizing on ISH and I know a lot will chime in.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Cut him some slack, he'll be fine comes the playoffs.
    And of all people, Jamal Crawford being the best player on this team

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    Cut him some slack, he'll be fine comes the playoffs.
    And of all people, Jamal Crawford being the best player on this team
    This is what pisses me off the most. How is a dude most people thought was done... gonna come on a team and be the best player right off the bat? Let alone a team with two all star starters . CP3 and Blake need to wake the fu** up fast before they are at a .500 record. CP3 constantly deferring to Crawford in the 4th quarter makes me wanna puke. Sure he's very clutch and capable but CP3 is THAT DUDE or is supposed to be.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-24-2012 at 04:10 AM.