Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
    Samurai Swoosh

Default Re: wade with a revealing quote about the changing mentality of NBA players

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I know I saw Kobe in the movie "Be Cool", but I think that was just a cameo.
    Always trying to drop facts, not in regards to the actual conversation.

And no, he was on an episode of Moesha and an episode of a 90's saturday morning tv show called "Hang Time" about HS kids playing for their team.

No movies, no "Be Cool" with John Travolta. Stop always trying to school people, dude.

Especially when your facts are wrong.

Default Re: wade with a revealing quote about the changing mentality of NBA players

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Always trying to drop facts, not in regards to the actual conversation.

And no, he was on an episode of Moesha and an episode of a 90's saturday morning tv show called "Hang Time" about HS kids playing for their team.

No movies, no "Be Cool" with John Travolta. Stop always trying to school people, dude.

Especially when your facts are wrong.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377471/trivia

The scenes at the NBA game with John Travolta and Uma Thurman were filmed at the Staples Center during a game between the Lakers and the Sacramento Kings on 26 February 2004. Although the film depicts the Lakers winning the game, they lost 101-103.
    I remembered that scene in particular because I believe Travolta also said something in regards to Karl Malone and Shaq, but they didn't have any lines. Kobe's "cameo" was him coming off the bench ready to check into the game.

I wasn't trying to school you, man, I was just saying I remembered that scene because of the movie reference.

You can watch the whole movie if you want:

http://www.tubeplus.me/player/60438/Be_Cool/

I don't know what time that scene comes at since I don't own the movie.

And to regards to your actual conversation, Deuce always puts that comeback line off "watch Space Jam". Yeah, it's stupid when it first came out and still stupid when you say it for the 100/1000th time.

If it's about LeBron's "value" in that playoff run that ripthekik is talking about the value of Wade and Bosh.... what really is there to say than LeBron just particular took over and Wade and Bosh were banged up and didn't have the bursts? I've see kblaze and yourself shater his every point and I would have said the same.

I just skimmed through the movie and it's @ the 1 hour 2 minute mark. He's in 4 scenes:

-Walking to the scorers table.
    -Taking a jump shot.
    -Contesting a shot on the other end.
    -Making a layup.

I guess the Malone and Shaq scene didn't happen or it was in another movie.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sp...entages/nT2sZ/

Can you imagine an AI or Kobe saying that in the early 2000s before the Hollingerfication of the sport?

This is why we need to look at these .500% fg season stats with suspicion. Players are consciously modifying their game to achieve these stats, perhaps to the detriment of the team, because that's the purvey by which players are judged now.

it highlights a difference in perspective between the old school and new school players. Back in the early 2000s in the most offensively depressed era in all of NBA, it was just about being able to put up points and that's the lingering sentiment of a player like Kobe which is almost quaint in the efficiency obsessed era of today.

If kobe entered the league in 2006 I have no doubt he would be a .500+ scorer as well because his mentality would be completely different.
    Wow. There are a lot of idiots on this board but this has to be one of the stupidest posts I've read.

How exactly can shooting efficiency hurt your chances of winning a basketball game?
    Isn't the goal of basketball to score more points than your opponent, and scoring more points per possession one of the surest ways to achieve that goal?

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by clayton
    It also means they're looking for the best looking high % shot as possible. This is better than fading over 2 defenders...
    good post

LMAO at those comparing Kobe's advanced stats to Jordan.

Jordan's eFG/TS higher WHILE averaging more assists/rebounds/steals/blocks. Fcuk out of here with that, you Kobe stans are a joke

Are we still pretending that LeBron can't shoot? Really? Pretty pathetic.
    I wouldn't go this far. Lebron could really stand to improve his shooting. If he had Vince Carter's jumper, but played the same way he does now, he could be in GOAT discussions. People would be making Lebron or Bird? posts.

I don't know what the stats are, but the fact is Lebron's jumper is marginal. Has nowhere near the consistency and touch you want.

Still the best player in the world and everything, and this idea that he passes up shots in the clutch is ridiculous, but his J sucks. It's better than Rondo and Wall and Wade, but worse than almost every other top perimeter player's.

Of course, if he had a great J, he'd be more tempted to settle for it, which nobody wants. Except fans of opposing teams.