Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: I didn't realize how racist Stephen A is until i saw his latest target

From what I've noticed, Stephen A. Smith tends to suck up to stars and disrespect role players. He constantly praises established stars and stresses the interactions and relationships he has with them. On the other hand, he never seems to give credit to role players that can have a positive impact on their team. He scoffs at players like Jeremy Lin, Tiago Splitter, Ricky Rubio, and Pablo Prigioni.

Default Re: I didn't realize how racist Stephen A is until i saw his latest target

Quote Originally Posted by Silence
    From what I've noticed, Stephen A. Smith tends to suck up to stars and disrespect role players. He constantly praises established stars and stresses the interactions and relationships he has with them. On the other hand, he never seems to give credit to role players that can have a positive impact on their team. He scoffs at players like Jeremy Lin, Tiago Splitter, Ricky Rubio, and Pablo Prigioni.
    Maybe. But he was definitely implying racism when he talked about Rasho. Smith is being foolish though to call out Prigioni. None of those other guys are hardcore in the least.

But Prigioni, that dude is serious hardcore. Smith probably thinks he's just some old guy with the wife and kids, and whatever. But Prigioni is hardcore as hell.

Smith better stop calling that guy out.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

What white players does Steven A openly love?

Banned

What does it matter. Stephen A has never seen a game of BBall in his life.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
    Hmm... Now that you mention it, I never actually payed attention to see if there was. He doesn't seem to have anything against Kevin Love here though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ZYvQm3Esk

College superstar

The only way white players can be useful is if they pass it to their superior black teammates (e.g. Nash, Stockton). Otherwise they're just gonna embarrass themselves.

Are we questioning which black players Jon Barry loves?

This entire discussion makes very little sense. SAS has built his fame on ranting about one thing or the other, and he's done it on players of all ethnicities.

Stephen A only likes black players who could be mistaken for powerful white men only with black athleticism.

That's why he praises LeBron, Kobe, D Wade but hates Kwame, Iverson, or Marbury because they either suck (Kwame) or make blacks look bad (Iverson and Marbury).

College star

None.
    He's racist.

Smith stopped being a journalist a long time ago, he's an entertainer now. Part of that is creating a reaction amongst his viewing audience, making inflammatory comments will accomplish this.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Basically. He's George Jefferson put in a time machine and dropped on a sports talk show.

Don't be fooled by SAS' act. In private, I'd be willing to bet that he is more than 'buddy-buddy' with the powerful white males who sign his paychecks. I'd also say that his private views on social matters are probably more conservative than progressive.

The militancy is all an act to get more attention. Obviously, it works.

Oh yeah, you know damn well he kisses ass to the white guys who sign his checks. I guarantee all that fake militant crap goes right out the window when he's around the superiors. How can anyone with any basketball knowledge take SAS seriously? I've heard him speak a few times and its painfully obvious that he's full of shit.