Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron is on Jordan's level now

Quote Originally Posted by Jyap9675
    My only criticism of Lebron is that his jumpshot doesn't look as pretty as Kobe's or Melo's. But other than that, amazing player.. it seems like he can gel into any system.
    Not to me. That's actually my criticism of LeBron. As great as he is, I still don't think he is as good off the ball as Durant, Bird, or Jordan. He doesn't have that versatility to operate like that. But he has improved, no doubt! He could spot up better and get into the position to post up. But he is more of a PG than anything else.

But if he didn't play like a PG, then he wouldn't take away Wade's ability in the first year of handling the ball. That's really my only criticism. And his FTs.

I rule the local playground Jax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    trust me.

If lebron tries even harder, he'll start shooting 45%FG.

I mean just look at the ill advised 27 foot 3-pt kobe-like attempt he took to put the nail in OKC's coffin.

2-3 of those & he'll get to 45%FG.

He is better off toying & not trying too hard.
    I'm pretty sure he did it on purpose to end the 60% talk...was getting boring to him. He shot like 2 or 3 of those.

Im a big fan of Lebron's game. He has a smart game, taking tough shots only when he feels he can make em (unlike Kobe who just doesnt care). Very good player, will go down as an All time greatest.

Jordan's game though was out of this world. He'd target the best player of the opposite team and just crush him. We should only take into account the opinion of people who saw him play. Jordan was a winner, had the killer instinct. The impact he's had on the game itself was amazing. Players were intimidated by just Jordan's presence. I can only imagine how Jordan would do in todays game against the likes of Anthony and Durant.

The player (that i saw playing, not all time) who came the closest to Jordan domination was prime Shaq in my opinion.
    Last edited by FPJ; 02-15-2013 at 06:34 AM.

Serious playground baller

See a thread that tells me Lebron is on Jordan's level.

Then see stats that tell me Jordan averaged 37PPG in his 3rd season

SHUT THE **** UP ****** **** SUCKER

Very good NBA starter

lebron is absolutely beasting right now, but stop comparing him to god.

jordan ain't even goat anymore. he's god now.

dude is turning 50 years old, and they run half-hour specials about his ass all week that he's turning 50 years old.

no athlete is coming close to that level when 10 years have passed since your last game and they randomly make an excuse to worship you like deity just because you're turning 50.

even the real god is jealous.
    Last edited by DCL; 02-15-2013 at 06:44 AM.

Very good NBA starter

Let him do it in the playoffs. MJ did.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Let him do it in the playoffs. MJ did.
    He did last year he just needs to keep doing it.

I don't post a lot, but I think this thread warrants a response. It really bothers me when people compare players of different eras without adjusting for the pace of the game. It makes a difference, and it can not be ignored. I've been watching ball since the 80s and the difference between then and now is substantial.

Take a look at the league pace and points per game difference between now and the Magic / Bird / Jordan eras.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats.html

I'm a huge fan of greatness and legacies. I've been pretty critical of comparisons with Lebron in the past. But to me, there is no denying that right now he is playing as well as anyone who has ever played the game.

Unlike many, I'm actually a fan of ALL Kobe, Lebron, Bird, Magic, and Jordan. I love great basketball.

In a way, it's also unfair to compare Lebron right now since his career is not over. If his career ended today, I'd probably place his legacy still outside the top 10 of all time (although another MVP, championship, and Finals MVP would certainly change that).

Just wait and see everyone, and enjoy the greatness on the way. So far, so good though for Lebron.

Entity of Existence Living Being's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Ogg
    I don't post a lot, but I think this thread warrants a response. It really bothers me when people compare players of different eras without adjusting for the pace of the game. It makes a difference, and it can not be ignored. I've been watching ball since the 80s and the difference between then and now is substantial.

Take a look at the league pace and points per game difference between now and the Magic / Bird / Jordan eras.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats.html

I'm a huge fan of greatness and legacies. I've been pretty critical of comparisons with Lebron in the past. But to me, there is no denying that right now he is playing as well as anyone who has ever played the game.

Unlike many, I'm actually a fan of ALL Kobe, Lebron, Bird, Magic, and Jordan. I love great basketball.

In a way, it's also unfair to compare Lebron right now since his career is not over. If his career ended today, I'd probably place his legacy still outside the top 10 of all time (although another MVP, championship, and Finals MVP would certainly change that).

Just wait and see everyone, and enjoy the greatness on the way. So far, so good though for Lebron.
    3pt% is up. Your point?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    He did last year he just needs to keep doing it.

Jordan level my ass!!

He need to win a real whole ring first in a complete season before we can put him in the same sentence as Jordan and Kobe..

Right now he's on Malone and Barkley's level.. Still s high level tho..

I think what Lebron is doing now is comparable to what Jordan did in the regular season. But what people remember is what Jordan did in the playoffs.

-dropping 63 on the eventual champion Celtics in Boston.
    -last second shot on Ehlo in deciding 5th game.
    -35 points in first half in Game one of Finals against Portland.
    -last second shot on Russell in the Finals.

and so on and on. Lebron has to show out in the playoffs to be seen as being on Jordans level.

The "superfriends" team in Miami doesn't help his case. Jordan stayed in Chicago and struggled for years to finally get a ring which makes him more popular than a guy who joins other stars looking for the easy road to the title.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    I think what Lebron is doing now is comparable to what Jordan did in the regular season. But what people remember is what Jordan did in the playoffs.

-dropping 63 on the eventual champion Celtics in Boston.
    -last second shot on Ehlo in deciding 5th game.
    -35 points in first half in Game one of Finals against Portland.
    -last second shot on Russell in the Finals.

and so on and on. Lebron has to show out in the playoffs to be seen as being on Jordans level.

The "superfriends" team in Miami doesn't help his case. Jordan stayed in Chicago and struggled for years to finally get a ring which makes him more popular than a guy who joins other stars looking for the easy road to the title.
    All of this

3-time NBA All-Star

If he continues this into the playoffs, then you can definitely argue he is. But thats a big assumption to make not based on anything but his current play. Jordan has had similar regular seasons and then was able to continue it into the playoffs.

I'd actually go as far to say that Lebron still has the potential to reach a higher peak then Jordan. But he can't do that based on his regular season. And even if he does surpass his peak, for their overall career it will be hard due to his embarassing moments in the past and it'll be very hard for him to age as well as Jordan did.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Lebron is not even trying, he's just toying with people, which only hurts his stats. He could go for 40 every night by just shooting 20 something shots.
    Then his precious FG% would take a dip. He's damn sure trying to protect that.