Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Pray for me fellow Lakers fans.

That's horrible to hear man. I hope you get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Droth24
    Thanks everybody for the prayers! i just got back from my first chemo treatment and the dr. got all of my tests back and said they all came back actually better than he excpected. ill be on chemo for a few months to make me a surgery canidate and then they are going to cutall of this shit out of me. my dr. said i may be the only documented case of this cancer progressing this much this young. so there is no real prognosis because there is nothing to base it off. but its looking very good since i have my youth and i am in really good shape. Time to kick cancers ass.
    I'm praying for you.

Colon cancer runs in my family, I'm shocked that you got it so young, my doctors had told me that it usually didn't develop until 50 or so. I elected to have the endangered part of my color removed while I was younger and was able to recover quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    I'm praying for you.

Colon cancer runs in my family, I'm shocked that you got it so young, my doctors had told me that it usually didn't develop until 50 or so. I elected to have the endangered part of my color removed while I was younger and was able to recover quickly.
    Yeah the doctor was like talking about how to treat it according to textbook but he said they couldn't go off of that because this case is so unheard of. The reason that it had developed so early is because i have classic familal polyposis, which is also very rare, especially considering the gene mutation does not run in my family.

Local High School Star alexthegod's Avatar

Hey man, just thinking about your brother, hope your doing well, and fighting hard!

voice of reason

Oh wow! I'm sending positive energy your way now! You can beat this man! Just keep on posting on insidehoops and keep your real friends close and nothing can stop you! If you ever need to talk man just send me a message I'll be there for you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by olddangerfield
    Oh wow! I'm sending positive energy your way now! You can beat this man! Just keep on posting on insidehoops and keep your real friends close and nothing can stop you! If you ever need to talk man just send me a message I'll be there for you.
    ME TOOOO!!!!!!!!

You're gonna be fine kid, I guarantee it. Your gonna beat this piece of shit decease, watch. Just stay strong and positive! Enjoy this amazing Lakers run were gonna go back2back2back!

Decent college freshman LA.MJ&KB#1's Avatar

I will be praying for you..and don't forget to praise God because you will be heal soon...

hey everyone just figured i would update you all. I finished my first round of chemo on wednesday and i start my second round on thursday. i feel really good, and felt good throughout the chemo. I have also been trying some traditional methods and i feel as though it is all really working. some of my symptoms of colon cancer have gone away but i still have a few. i really think everything is going to be alright.

Banned

Glad to hear of the progression Droth man.. Keep your spirits up, staying positive helps your body fight for itself. You know Immune reperative system and all that..

Thanks for the update..

Da Mavs

Keep fightin the good fight man, we're here if you need us.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

keep us posted... repped for Droth24!!!!!!!!!

Value Ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Droth24
    I am 17 years old, just entered my senior year of high school, and today was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer with mets to the liver. I am starting chemo tomorrow, and am going to beat this thing, prayers would be appreciated!
    I almost never pray but I will for you mate. Stay positive. Imagine KB with .7 seconds and triple teamed going up for a shot and swishing it with 2 hands in his face and a guy hanging on his shoulder. That's you hitting a game winner VS this bastard disease.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Good Luck Droth.....I just said a prayer for you....

I know u will beat the crap out of this cancer :)

May Allah cure you
    you're a lakers fan you can do it