Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Bledsoe

Default Re: Eric Bledsoe

Quote Originally Posted by mjokc
    Ibaka is solid, but I'm not going to expect him to play like he has in the preseason. Bledsoe is a beast too, I would just wait to see him go off like that consistantly and in the playoffs. I'm still pissed we traded bledsoe for freaking cole aldrich.
    1) if Bledsoe is being compared to Ibaka (a good starter in the L) then he is on the right track

2) he has already done it in the playoffs.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mljYO23DNBU

Highlights from his game last night!

MIP this year?

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    MIP this year?
    Will be hard with a coach like Vinny to stupid to realize the diamond he has on the bench. Vinny will likely play him 15-20 minutes at both guard spots instead of starting him at SG.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Will be hard with a coach like Vinny to stupid to realize the diamond he has on the bench. Vinny will likely play him 15-20 minutes at both guard spots instead of starting him at SG.
    he's young.

He's a PG. It's rough because the Clippers re-signed Chauncey and Chauncey, when he gets back healthy, is more than likely still good enough to be a great PG in the league.

Watching him today, maybe he can start at SG...but he isn't a SG. He's ideally a PG playing alongside another high-tempo SG (think him and Austin Rivers together).

Wouldn't say trade him, as Billups is injured and probably be available for a few weeks...but, the possibility is there and I would consider something, depending on how the season goes and what becomes available.

I'd honestly trade anyone on the Lakers outside of Kobe and Dwight for Bledsoe, including Pau and Metta, my two favorite current Lakers.

Made that high school varsity squad

the Clippers will have to make a decision, Bledsoe or Paul..

Quote Originally Posted by jjayfive
    the Clippers will have to make a decision, Bledsoe or Paul..
    I fully expect Paul to stick around, but if he doesn't, Bledsoe should make it less painful.

Clips will need to move him at some point for a player on a 1st or 2nd year rookie deal.

Otherwise they will be way over the cap when re-signing

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    I fully expect Paul to stick around, but if he doesn't, Bledsoe should make it less painful.
    Oh my god. If Paul leaves after his contract ends and Bledsoe gets the starting role, can you imagine the CF threads? But I digress. Bledsoe played a great game last night and deserves this praise.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    I'd honestly trade anyone on the Lakers outside of Kobe and Dwight for Bledsoe, including Pau and Metta, my two favorite current Lakers.

You would trade Steve Nash?

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    He's a PG. It's rough because the Clippers re-signed Chauncey and Chauncey, when he gets back healthy, is more than likely still good enough to be a great PG in the league.

Watching him today, maybe he can start at SG...but he isn't a SG. He's ideally a PG playing alongside another high-tempo SG (think him and Austin Rivers together).

Wouldn't say trade him, as Billups is injured and probably be available for a few weeks...but, the possibility is there and I would consider something, depending on how the season goes and what becomes available.
    I watched nearly every game of Bledsoe's at Kentucky and while I loved his athleticism and motor, the one thing that stuck out was his inability to run the offense in the half court when Wall was on the bench. He was great in transition but provided little on offense in the half court apart from being a spot up shooter due to his suspect court vision and tendency to turn the ball over far too much. Obviously playing the two guard the majority of the season next to Wall didn't help his transition to the point guard position.

Yesterday was one of the first times I'd seen him make a lot of true point guard plays and not try to force passes in half court sets. Lots of guys can rack up assists from drive and kick situations, but that doesn't make them a point guard. Seeing Bledsoe get his team into their offense and make the right passes this preseason has been awesome and is a very promising sign. I hope he can keep it up in the regular season. I do think he needs to get more elevation on his shot, it's still a bit of set shot.

I still consider him a combo guard, but in the Chauncey Billups sense rather than a Ben Gordon (not saying he plays like either of those guys). Luckily for him, his wingspan and freakish athleticism and strength allows him to defend most 2 guards pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    You would trade Steve Nash?
    Yes. I like Nash a lot, but if Dwight's going to be the new face of the franchise, they better start putting some great YOUNG players around him. It's the same reason why I'm fine with trading Pau. I love Pau, but I understand that he's not getting any younger and the team needs some youth on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    I watched nearly every game of Bledsoe's at Kentucky and while I loved his athleticism and motor, the one thing that stuck out was his inability to run the offense in the half court when Wall was on the bench. He was great in transition but provided little on offense in the half court apart from being a spot up shooter due to his suspect court vision and tendency to turn the ball over far too much. Obviously playing the two guard the majority of the season next to Wall didn't help his transition to the point guard position.

Yesterday was one of the first times I'd seen him make a lot of true point guard plays and not try to force passes in half court sets. Lots of guys can rack up assists from drive and kick situations, but that doesn't make them a point guard. Seeing Bledsoe get his team into their offense and make the right passes this preseason has been awesome and is a very promising sign. I hope he can keep it up in the regular season. I do think he needs to get more elevation on his shot, it's still a bit of set shot.

I still consider him a combo guard, but in the Chauncey Billups sense rather than a Ben Gordon (not saying he plays like either of those guys). Luckily for him, his wingspan and freakish athleticism and strength allows him to defend most 2 guards pretty well.
    I think his playmaking this summer/preseason has surprised Clippers fans too. We expect the defense and scoring outbursts but his improvements in ballhandling and playmaking are mind blowing. He's totally using CP3 tactics out there too! You can tell CP3 works with him a lot.